Mary Browns

Mary Browns Employee Reviews

Canada249 reviews
Employees are easy to get along with, but management is by far the worst on the planet. The manager is very lazy, miserable, extremely dishonest and immature. Does not know how to treat people at all...very disrespectful and unfair to all staff.
Cons
Extremely poor management
Very bad dirty place .Owner very greedy with no knowledge what he is doing .making bad decisions, that’s why head office closed this place because his lies and lots off more .But I am not supersize why ,just look from which
country come from

Let’s see how new ownership will be

Hope will be better then last one !!!!!!!!
Pros
No free food no breaks
Cons
Mary Browns Essa Road is a place held high to its standards with new ownership. The managment of the store is firm but fair. Not a place for alot of full time hours but a great place to gain experience and the availability to move up the ladder.
Pros
%50 off lunches, no super early mornings
Cons
We are only open 10 hours making it hard for full time employment
If you are wight you are welcome there at the Brown's in kitchener the manager is a racist if you are a black person looking for a job don't go there.
been there a while, great first job usually dealing with the public, people can be understanding aside from problematic, would reccomend this job to someone in highschool
Pros
50% off
Cons
they make the cleaning harder than needed
Working at Mary Browns is a good time. I enjoy working with people I get along with. It definitely makes the job easier. The customers are nice most of the time !!
Good for new workers, don't need much experience to start working there. They have very very tasty food so you have a great benefit when working of employee discounts and custom-made orders. Great environment, great manager!
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Need to have good back strength for standing and lifting
Workplace environment is fine. Workers will likely stay 1-2 hours. past closing cleaning. Management schedules seemingly random hours, sometimes a significant amount, and sometimes very few.
I worked at Mary Browns for just under two months, and quit due to poor management, poor communication, and feeling uncomfortable around a fellow employee. I worked at three different locations over the span of my short time working there, all of which had similar feels. Only a few of the staff were friendly, while the rest tended to never speak to me and would tend to be in a bad mood. I was told numerous times I was working at a certain time and then show up to work and be told that my shift got moved. There was no human resources that I could go to in order for to express what was going on, and I felt generally alone while at work.
Pros
30% discount while on shift
Cons
Long hours without breaks
A moderate workload for all employees. Even when you are working the front you are expected to help out in the back i.e taking orders and preparing them yourself when possible.
Work is generally slow until rush hours where it picks up exponentially. Typical shifts are 11-4pm or 5-close. Friendly crew and expectation to be friendly to customers.
Mostly busy and high stress during rushes, however the staff is very friendly and collaborative and training is very seamless and quick. I was expected to do very long hours due to understaffing.
The job is very stressful and the staff is very unkind. Management is also very poor. Some members of the staff are nice but a lot of them are just rude and are very hard to get along With. You are given a 15 minute break with every shift, however smokers are able to go for smoke breaks whenever they please. Overall a very poor place to work and a very rude employees. I would only suggest working there if you can’t find anywhere else, even then you’re probably better off without a job than working here
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful, short breaks with long working hours and rude staff
The experience here was memorable. I learned a few new things about myself as well. The management does a great job in emphasizing teamwork and doing what is good for the company. Overall, recomend applying at Mary Browns after a week of job hunting.
I really enjoyed it here in Edmonton was a awesome experience. Great place to work, easy to work in the kitchen, and get a free meal on shift too . Can get a little hectic especially Mary Monday!
for a 14 year old working part time id say it's quite a lot to handle. Decent first time job for a teenager. My boss was super friendly. Overall not a bad place to work at
I worked at mary browns and one of the costumers ordered the big mary sandwich and the girl who was training me dropped the meat on the floor then put it in the oil for 3 seconds and then served it to the costumer. I work part time the full hours and i got a one month worth check of 325$ and had to give back 200$ which mean i made 125$ for a month of working !! they will eat out the food that they make for the costumers bad place
Worked here for awhile and never had a set schedule. It was being changed practically every other week. Had my hours cut as well. You only get a 15min break regardless of if you work a 5 hour shift or a 10 hour shift. They would MAYBE let you take 2 15min breaks if you worked the latter. Management lies, you would constantly be pestered about everything you do. Oh also they expect you to clean the washroom regardless of the fact that you would have to be handling food right after.
Learned a lot of experience from dish washing and cooking, learned the safeties of proper cleaning and the importance of work place safety and safety of employers
Most enjoyable part of the job is the great staff . Fast paced work environment. Hardest part of the job is if and when you are short staffed. A typical day would be preparing the food for the days work as well as serving the customers the food.
I enjoyed working at Mary Browns for the past 5 years. It was a great atmosphere and staff and management alike were nice, friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working there because every day was different. and you got to meet a lot of nice people.