Mary Brown's Chicken and Taters

Mary Brown's Chicken and Taters Employee Reviews

Great amazing food. Horrible staff.

I used to work at the Mary browns at argyle and I have to say some of the people there were great! Super helpful and nice. But majority of the people were grumpy and loved to feed off of drama. It was like going to elementary school all over again.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Drama

Productive work place

Very exciting, a lot to learn and a lot of room to grow ! Food is amazing and the process of making the food is even Better. Managers r amazing as well as staff. Great job to apply to

Worked my butt off for nothing!

It seemed great at first, within 3 months I was opening the store. As time went on my shifts got shorter and was expected to do more. I was responsible for putting away the stock delivery twice a week and opening the kitchen Monday to Friday. Orders got larger, the time to put it away got shorter. I ended up working for free, going in early to get products away so I could get the store ready to open.I was passed over twice for promotions and I was making less most of the other staff doing the hardest/hottest job.

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

Hot and hard labour for minimum wage.

Worst job ever in my life

As a ex-employee of Mary Browns, I do not recommend ANYONE to work in this company. You get less and less paid but you r doing more and more works. This is not a normal thing of a company. I’ve been working in many places included several restaurant, none of them were as bad as MB, but this really the was the worst place to work. Employers always trying to make managers to became annoying toward other employees so that they feel like they don’t waste the money that they paid. The employer gets tons of sales everyday but they don’t even offer you free working meal. Those little poor money cannot even maintain your basic life balance even you r working as a 40 hrs full time worker.

Pros

Make everyone busy

Cons

Bad and stingy employer

Poor management

Overall wasn’t a great job. The bosses didn’t take you seriously. The owners always had a bad attitude which made work stressful and they would scream at customers.

Pros

Made life long friends

Cons

Bad for mental health

very co operative seniors

Working there as a part time cashier prepares a person for a disciplined future , it was my first job so it really taught me many things . Manager and owner as well ensured that the place is running smooth.

Didn't Enjoy Myself

The training was terrible and I had points where my shift was only two hours long so I couldn't even afford my ride there. I had to quit because I was under too much stress. People never showed up to their shift.

produtive,easygoing

the hardest part of the job was making sure orders were right the mangement was okay i liked the job because it was my first job and i like working with others and meeting new people

harsh and really hot

it was bad working their the boss was always gone and people would always eat the food there people would drop food on the ground and get in trouble if they didn't put it back with the rest of the food

Fast Paced and Productive

Learned a lot about how to be efficient and productive as a cashier at a fast food restaurant. Work environment was friendly and supportive. Learned how to maintain and keep the well stocked.

Jobs at Mary Brown's Chicken and Taters

See more jobs

Not a professional environment to work at.

Not a professional environment to work at, the salary was not what was promised in the beginning, there were many problems with dealing with the cleanliness of the store and customer service.

Above Average. (A-)

A typical day of work: Includes prep, taking orders and cleaning. At times it is slow-paced and then it is fast-paced. I was mainly a Cashier, but I was packager twice and I LOVED pack-line than my position as Cash. I love morning shifts. It's a peaceful, easy-going environment most of the time. Management: My managers were not the best. One took me off the schedule w/o reasoning. The other was not able to handle my learning disabilities, she was always onto me about my "mistakes". If you have a disability, I personally think you shouldn't work here. I felt very discriminated and felt my best wasn't enough. I didn't feel accepted here so I left. The hardest part of the job: Time Management. Criticism. Talking To Customers. (I have a learning disorder, social anxiety, BP and ADHD). The most enjoyable part of the job: When I was on pack-line, prepping, cleaning and the 30 minute break... oh! and when you receive the paycheque. :)

New owners are horrible

I absolutely LOVED working here... until the new owners took over and completely ruined the amazing work atmosphere that made me like working here. The new owners are rude and very clearly do not know how to run a business. They put up the schedules so late that we only get two days notice of our shifts for the following week. They also have a small child who they let run all over the restaurant... I feel like my job has become babysitting. DO NOT WORK HERE THEY ARE RUNNING THE STORE INTO THE GROUND

Revolving Door

There is no such thing as a typical workday here... it is up or down never had a full shift where someone isn't stressed. I have learned nothing other than to slow down my working pace if I am working faster than I need to otherwise I get chastised for not doing even more work. At my store ownership just changed and has become even worse. The owners bring their kid into the store and let them run around all-day getting in everyone's way. This child also was prevented from giving themselves 3rd-degree burns because a staff member pushed the kid out of the way. This staff member was then yelled at for pushing the kid. The hardest part of this job is putting up with head office as well as members from the head office who have no idea what they are doing arriving at your store and proceeding to mess everything up because "It takes more space" if you attempt to do anything efficiently. The only enjoyable thing about the job was when I met 2 people my age who I got to know fairly well and became friends with who then promptly quit a few months later. In the time that I have worked at my store, there have been at least 5 cooks they have attempted to replace me with only to have to fire them because of incompetence. And there have also been around 10-15 cashiers that have left... it is a terrible DO NOT APPLY

Some friendly staff, some two-faced. Would not recommend.

While the customers seem to always be in a good mood, a lot of the staff are two-faced, and the owners are biased and unfair towards their harder working staff. They will not care if you tell them you need more hours. They fired me because I "just seem to be really sick lately". I had an upper chest infiltration. I had several doctor and hospital visits, which they knew about. I had given them a doctor's note. And just as I started getting better, they fired me for being sick. Unless you are on the owners' good side, they won't give you hours, they'll have your shifts under-staffed. Not just something that happened to me, but to several coworkers as well. They do not care about you at all.

Horrible place

The manager at the Freddy one is two faced & will talk behind your back & when you confront her YOUR lying The owners can’t go to them they don’t care

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Horrible manager, not enough hours, two faced

Minimum wage & get send home early when it’s slow

They pay me the minimum wage and send me home early when the business is slow. I work hard during the dinner period, and then cleaned the kitchen. My shift is to 10:00pm, but I was asked to go at 9:00pm.

Productive and fun place to work

I had learned that how to operate as a cashier because in Canada I was new and they were very helpful. Work hours are very flexible so it is good to be part of that team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Brown's Chicken and Taters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6