Mary Brown's Chicken & Taters

Mary Brown's Chicken & Taters Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Overall the job is fine. I really like the people I work with and I have become close friends with them. The job can be stressful during the busy periods. I'd say you have to deal with a lot of bs from some customers but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger i guess. Management is pretty good as well.
They don’t know how to cook their chicken it’s half raw and no one does the online training and the supervisors are always on your behind about everything you do it’s sooo bad Mary Browns in Cornwall Ontario was sold bc it could not be run properly.
I work 3 hours a week, n sometimes every 2 weeks. The first aid is expired and everything is unorganized. Hours are being cut and passed around. Along with shifts that are unwanted handed down to new comers
I don't want to write a summary but you are requiring me to. i feel the other info is pertinent for others to know about the company as this box is all for subjective info.
The management is good, im working hard of this store.im hard working and honest.this store you need to prep, cook and casher all around work.and i can handle even im only one.hope i find a job.
the hardest part about the job was that the manager and supervisor were really rude towards me and made me do things that no one else did. I would rarely get breaks and there were no benefits that came with the job.
Good restaurant, good food, good work environment. Enough breaks are given and enough training was given. Hourly wage is kept to minimum wage which is reasonable for crew members.
when I worked at Mary Browns l learned a lot. The first thing I had to do after getting ready was to see what we had prepared and made more of what was missing. I asked my co-workers if they needed anything like chicken or other items from the menu ready for a customer. I learned to filter oil at the correct time and at an increase of pace also washed the dishes at the end of the night. I would make sure everything was in stock before the next day. The best part of the job was when I made a meal for a customer and saw a great smile.
one of the hardest parts of the job was when I had to filter oil since its such a fast-paced environment the oil would still be hot and sometimes I would get burnt and management never gave us gloves for the task.
Pros
cheap lunches, good co-workers, friendly environment.
Cons
always hot, tight work space, sometimes the smells got to me.