Marwood International Inc

Marwood International Inc Employee Reviews

Nobody knows what's going on. Very unorganized. Very unappreciative for your hard work. Manager has super tight pants that make you feel uncomfortable....you can see everything
I worked there for a little over 3 months. It wasn’t bad at first but then the quotas kept going up being unrealistic. I had team leads on my tail everyday telling me to work faster when it’s near impossible for the full time employees to reach them let alone a temp. And it’s disappointing applying for a job ad for $20/hr and only being paid $17/hr. It’s false advertising, plus I know people who’ve worked for marwood for a while and were denied a full time job. It’s not a good place to be. The only positive was my one team lead who helped out the temps under stressful situations.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Long hours bad starting wage overworked little work/life balance short breaks
It's pretty fast paced work and the people there are great. Management in every form was very willing to help with any problems and led by example which was a very motivating thing to see. I enjoyed my time at Marwood in Woodstock and would recommend it to anyone
Worked for Marwood plant 5 in Woodstock for just over a year as a team leader. The pay is fair and benefits are okay. Aside from that there is nothing good I can say about this specific plant. During my interview they said there was no mandatory overtime, lied and I had to work every Saturday for the first 10 months. Post covid they switched to 4 ten hour shifts and still make you work 8 hours OT on the Friday and try to guilt you into Saturday. Revolving door for manpower. The good people leave because Marwood demands you to do the work of two or 3 people and give up your weekends. They can’t keep people so they hire in scab workers with no covid precautions being enforced. I’ve counted 40 people in the small lunch room at a time that Is supposed to only have 18. When you apply and are awarded a different position you’ll have to wait at least 8 months before they move you to the new position.When you need HR assistance you have to call Tillsonburg because the Woodstock plant doesn’t have an HR person. But when you call no one answers the phone or returns calls.I suggest you don’t waste your time at the Woodstock plant, I can’t speak for Tillsonburg factories but I heard they are a lot better to work at.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Everything else
Had many ups and downs with this company for the year and a half I worked here. The pay is very fair for the difficulty of the work but that's one of the few reasons they are able to keep anyone. For the short time I was there I couldn't believe how many workers they plowed through. Managements interaction with production is very minimal, making many people feel underappreciated
Pros
Pay, good coworkers
Cons
Management, lacking organization/direction
You are expected to work your tail off to hit un realistic goals. There is no work/life balance. Near impossible to get benefits. You guys have 4 temp agencies and have people bugging to be employed full time but you wont? Makes no sense to me. Your workers are treated like dirt when they kill themselves everyday for you. Very sad. Treat people well and they'll stay.
Pros
Very few. A half decent starting wage if you aren't a temp
Cons
No benefits, No ergonomics, Over worked and not appreciated, Poor team leaders
The problem with this place is that HR and management are clueless, The same positions are advertised every couple of months because NO one with any experience and education will stay long. OK place to work if you have no skills and want to stand in front of a press all day. Plan to retire at 55 because your health will be gone by the time your 45 if you work here
Marwood is a great place to work. The people are nice and friendly. Good benefits. Since it's not a very huge company, there is always something to do. Opportunity for lots of learning and training.
Ive experienced harassment while working at Marwood and there's alot of favoritism there. I'm my opinion management is a problem. The bathrooms are in terrible shape.
Usually this true the day we would make our way to our stations and our team leader would be there's we would have a meeting about safety and go over what purse we were going to make the hardest part about the job was the humidity of the factory other than that management was great and employees were very well mannered and helpful when I was working at marwood I learned a little bit about machine Tool & Die operating and maintaining Hirsch as well as the machines themselves including setting them up with the hydraulic clamps and aligning die on The Press
Management dose not care about the plant, its workers, or their safety. If you are good at something then you will be force to do it all year long. if your a bad worker they give you the easy jobs. During meetings they blabber on about things you shouldn't do, but the second you start working again they tell you to just do it.
Pros
laid back at times
Cons
repetitive work
Marwood was my first official full time job and I can honestly say that it was a hard transition going to midnights after not having full time ever. Marwood is not an awful place to work at, but the people you work with make it or break it for me, and unfortunately Marwood just didn't have the friendliest workers on the floor.
Revolving door employer. Sounds great from the HR end, until you start. Zero upper management competence. Just don't waste your time is the best advice I should have taken. The place is a safety nightmare.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Mandated Overtime, majority of employees are temp they rarely hire
Marwood is a great company to work for, i worked at many places and yes they are very busy and have a lot of new business and try very hard to keep a lot of people in the community employed. i must say they have great benefits and perks,better than most companies i worked for. i read a lot about the recruitment process but i had no issues everything was great so that is not true, i also have a few great supervisors i worked with who treat me great and i know they are very busy but they always stop and answer my questions. i know people say it is very negative environment but i am experiencing the total opposite. don't listen to the haters.
Pros
perks, benefits
Cons
nothing so far
Human Resources lack the basic understanding of the jobs that they are hiring for. You cannot have a contract HR Consultant interview people for factory positions in a metal stamping environment if they (HR) know nothing about the business. Do they use a little checklist to determine who is a successful candidate or do they hire based on someone’s relative is looking for a job. Either way Human Resources at Marwood needs to get rid of the consultants (recruiters) who have no real work experience. They can do a great deal of damage to a company by passing up on experienced workers that may not exactly fit their "factory “ mould
Fast paced. Steady hours and lots of over time. Good benefits. Pay could be a bit better. In need of more skill trade worker. People are good to work with.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Training not always the best
Marwood is an industry leader in innovation and technology. They invest into the future by developing a strong manufacturing identity. There has been steady growth for multiple years. Working conditions are typical to industry standards for metal stamping and assembly equipment. People and Management are nice and easy to get along with if you have a positive attitude and strong work ethics. Having five buildings can be impractical at some times because not all resources are available when needed. Recommended for skilled trades
Marwood is pretty decent. a typical factory with many workers. Lots of work and overtime so you can make a lot of money! They have contests and give away snacks and passes to cool stuff. they give u costco, Caa, and other good benefits!
Terrible negative environment, people will toss their own mother under the bus to keep jobs, wrong people in the wrong positions, and no willingness to change or adapt, "we have always done it this way" should be the mantra.
Management generally makes poor decisions and doesn't have much if any connection with employees working on the floor. Other than that most of the employees are very friendly and helpful.
Cons
currently a lot of unnecessary overtime
I have had a good experience with Marwood. Coming right out of high school the company has give me a job and now i have a great chance for a career.
Pros
good learning
Cons
shift work