Marwood International Inc Employee Reviews

Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON26 April 2019
Been there a long time...for a reason. Room for advancement, benefits, vacation. Involved in the community. Located in Tillsonburg and Woodstock ON.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Shift work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON25 April 2019
Over the past few years I have worked at Marwood and I am being treated great, able to work overtime, good benefits and the wage is very good. Good shift premium and opportunity for learn and grow. As long as you show up, give an effort and be hard working this company will treat you great! Cafeteria is clean, and has vending machines and free coffee. Can't say anything bad about this place!
Pros
Overall good
was fun at first
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 April 2019
When i first started working there, i enjoyed it and always looked forward to the next shift. About a year in, things changed for the worse and things became unorganized,management never seemed to take things seriously, and with new things being added to such a small building, the work areas became smaller and more hazardous.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not organized
They don't keep hard workers lunch and breaks are the only good time
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 April 2019
Worked at the one in Woodstock you go that extra mile for them on pushing out product they work you so much you are so stressed the overtime is ridiculous But when you show them you are a strong employee but fall on hard times they would rather see you go than keep a good worker.... personally don't recommend it
Pros
The people
Cons
Everything you can imagine.
it was alright
Quality Inspector /General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 March 2019
a decent part time job in high school, worked with fun people. probably wouldn't go back there, management didn't really value student employees. turnover rate was pretty bad when i worked there
Great Place To Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON5 February 2019
Marwood offers competitive wages and great benefits. The people who work at Marwood are great! All the extras Marwood does for their employees makes it that much better to work here.
A decent place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 January 2019
I spent two years at Marwood International Inc. I typically spent most of the day making car parts either on a press or a nut welder. Usually the tasks I was accomplishing required little to no use of brain power besides checking the parts for any blemishes or "slug" marks which is an imprint left on the part, after stamping said part if a piece of metal has found its way to get in the die you will see that imprint from the scrap when you see this take the piece of metal out of the die.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Training people was quite tedious.
production associate/ team leader
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON21 January 2019
I was able to handle this job however I was very unsatisfied with the amount of work managment expected from each worker.
Getting let go from this factroy on grounds of poor productivity was extremely easy and even their best workers did not recieve good yearly reviews in regards to productivity.
Every year I worked there I saw daily quotas go up dramatically, and the hourly pay remain the same.
Pros
dental and massage benefits
Cons
short breaks, overcrowding and quotas not at all possible to most.
Monotone work environment
Inspection Worker (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON26 December 2018
This job was rather boring because it was the same everyday. I learned how to properly use heavy equipment.The management was confusing and I never knew who was in charge. The hardest part of the job was carrying heavy packages. I did not find this job enjoyable.
Slave labour
Slave (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON17 June 2018
Worst possible place to work. They have a high turn over rate because they are impossible to work for. If the hourly quota is 44 parts...43 will no do.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Place to be
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 May 2018
I've been with Marwood for over 10 years now, I had a few positions and room for advancement, started on the floor and got a great opportunity to move up and learn new things. Great place for work!
good
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON6 April 2018
spent most shift driving around tge cleaner thingy so that thebforklift could pull drift but other than that was pretty boring lol but hey what can u do when u live in a shoe
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  ON19 March 2018
Good place to work decent hours, breaks and great wages, was laid off due to shortage of work, was also through a temp agency which doesn't guarantee sufficient employment.
Pros
wages
Cons
lay offs
lots of work still
paint (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 March 2018
they have steady work for many years to come and that makes me feel like i dont have to look for a new job n e time soon. thanks for good benefits and plenty of good snacks
Pros
lot of work
Cons
night shioft
Hard work get recognized!
laborer (Current Employee) –  tillsonburg15 March 2018
I have been on and off with Marwood for several years. Ever since I have been back, I have been working all the time. I am full-time now and there r chances for me to move up.
Pros
good money
Cons
shifts
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 March 2018
The management team is always willing to sit and discuss/brainstorm new ideas, and are very hands on. The workplace environment is generally pretty open and the employees here are great.
Solid company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON9 March 2018
Continues to grow in a globally competitive industry in a difficult region (Ontario) to succeed. Has done a lot of good for the community of Tillsonburg and surrounding area. Very innovative and clearly puts a lot of money back into the business through capital and training initiatives. A bit micro managed at times but it seems to be because the Senior Management actually cares and is interested in the people and the products.
Pros
Awesome benefits/pension plan.
Cons
Micro managed.
Worst company in Ontario
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg Junction, ON3 March 2018
Company sucks, the managment couldn't run a fruit stand and you have no future there unless your a woman who flirts with everyone. Never give this place a chance you will just waste valuable time from your life.
Pros
Money
Cons
EverythinG
Solid place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON26 February 2018
Marwood is a very good place to work. They offer good benefits, profit sharing and will send you to school to further your career. It's nice to have a place to work and not have to worry about job security.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
Shiftwork
Horrible.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON23 January 2018
Management treats you like a child and the pay is minimum wage. Understaffed so you get mandatory overtime. Very little communication or feedback about how you are doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marwood International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Marwood International Inc Reviews by Location