Marwood International Inc
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Working at Marwood International Inc: Latest Marwood International Inc Reviews

Canada95 reviews

Factory work takes a certain type of person

I started this job with hopes of making more and I have but then environment is just not for me. Overall I feel like the work environment has room for improvement

Pros

Paid lunches and breaks

Cons

Long hours, inside all day, very short breaks

Production Associate

I have been working for Marwood for 1 year. Great place to work, great people great work with. I have no complaints it is a great place to work when you need a career opportunity.

Pros

Great

Cons

Fast-paced

Insights into Marwood International Inc

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Good Experience, terrible HR policies

This is the best place to learn PLC/Robotics and Industrial Controls. The Tilsonburg town is a great little place with calm society.Sadly the policies in place are almost on purpose to impede with your success and created from years of bad employees taking advantage.

Very fair

I think Marwood is a good place to work. Expect a lot but they compensate fairly for your extra time. Always lots of overtime available.

Waste of time

Worked there for a year promises were made but never kept. Training was not provided... more of a throw them to the wolves situation. Favoritism is a big part of the Management

Pros

Cons

No training, no respect, lack of both of these cause lack in man power as people don't want to stay long.

A really interesting and motivating place to work!

Working at Marwood is quite fun, some may find it hard on the body, of course labour isn’t for everyone. I find the workplace to be hard-working and collaborative. The other workers are friendly and efficient and always willing to help. The management is quick to problem solve and ensure safety as well as quality production. You meet new people and learn more about presses and it’s all quite fascinating! I’d recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

Benefits, pay, coworkers and management, quality, there’s a lot to like

Cons

Temperature, can be hot or cold but depends on the person too

This company isn't a place I'd recommend to anyone

Marwood is a very stressful and not worth the stress for the pay. They don't care if you are good or not at the job or about how long you've been at the job if there is conflict between you and a boss They will probably get rid of you. Also if you work hard they expect that you can work that hard every single day you are there

Pros

None, good shift supervisors

Cons

Long hours, bad bosses/managers, rough on the body, all buildings are dirty, maintenance is slow, machines don't work that well

Great place to work for the right people.

I enjoyed my time at Marwood, there were a lot of interesting automation projects and they sent me out for PLC and robot training.There is a lot of room for advancement in the maintenance departments and the maintenance team was very collaborative and willing to help out.I only left as I moved and wanted a shorter commute. The place was a solid employer to me.

Pros

Great benefits and pension, good vacation system

Cons

Maintenance can be expected to work quite a bit of OT, it wasn't an issue for me personally but just putting it out there.

Run run fast!!!

Be prepared for a medical evaluation PRIOR to job offer which violates human rights laws. And heaven forbid do NOT get hurt at work or your FIRED!Very competitive and NOT in a good way, job security is NIL, can be full time 13 years and fired due to "restructuring" at any time. Obsessed with numbers with hourly check rates. OT mandatory often, pay raise is rare. Lies in beginning about hourly wage. Be prepared to be babysat and have someone hover over your every move and disciplined over everything. Do not talk to coworkers, or your disciplined.

Pros

Its a job that pays.

Cons

Read above

Stupid place to work

I worked there over a year as a temp and they wouldn't hire me on. The only way to get hired on is if you go to afternoons and a friend of mine tried that and they treat you horribly on afternoons. They have you work 10hr days standing in one spot all day and you only get paid $17.00 as a temp. It absolutely ruins your whole body. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Good pay but garbage atmosphere to work in.

Wouldn't go back there again. Found a few people to be prejudice and not too caring for personal situations workers might be experiencing outside the workplace. It's a "get in and get to work" environment. They just trying to make use of the bodies and hands. That's all Marwood cares about.

Pros

Lots of of pizza lunches and good money

Cons

Long hours and a few racists

Production

They are not a good place to work for.. they don't care about there employees everyone can be replace is what they think. The only to move up is by signing postings but they still won't give it to you I applied for the same posting 6 times and they always just make up excuses of why I didn't get it...it is alright I found better then this place

Cons

Best company I have EVER worked for!!!!!

Awesome benefits and employee incentives. Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers. Marwood cares for their employees. When the pandemic hit they made sure their employees were taken care of. I go to work everyday with a smile on my face and I leave with a smile. I love working for Marwood!

Great Place to Work!

I have been at Marwood for almost 2 years, and it is a great place to work. Marwood is incredibly innovative, with tremendous growth occurring year after year. They are constantly adding more and more roles to the organization to support this growth and set the company up for success. Of course there is every day stress and pressure that occurs within any automotive manufacturer; however, the management teams are always there to support whatever is needed. I would highly suggest Marwood to potential job seekers!

Great place to work!

I enjoyed my time at Marwood. The people are nice and respectful towards each other. Management makes fair and consistent decisions to improve the company. Marwood is always busy and strive for new business as much as possible. I like that Marwood pursues the latest and greatest technology to keep up with the automotive trends. Marwood treats the employees very well from my experience and they have a great benefit package with many perks. My supervisors treated me with respect and always answered any questions I had. There is definitely a lot of room for growth when working at Marwood. It was a very positive environment and experience I had at Marwood. I would highly recommend anyone to apply to Marwood.

Good job nice people

Great place to work and really good people to work with. Hard work seems to be acknowledged and rewarded. Opportunities for different positions are available if you would like to grow in the company.

A place to start at young age and retire contentedly

The company looks after the needs and welfare of the employees especially during this pandemic period. This is the place where a young worker can start to learn the trade, gain enough experience and master a career. The opportunity to further a career is being encouraged. Company fringe benefits are highly competitive.

Great place to work!

I have worked here for 21 years and it is a great place to work. There is a lot of Opportunity to grow. I started on the floor and now I'm a production manager. Like a lot of companies there are challenges that you will come across and I find that Marwood has a lot of team and management support. It is a very strong company and I enjoy working here!

Room to Grow in Marwood

I work Monday to Thursday 10hrs a day, which allows me to have a 3 day weekend with my family. We have the opportunity for some Overtime. I get to work with a lot of different teams within Marwood from Production to Engineers and Quality Reps. I am part of an amazing team as we help ship important items and parts all over the world. I feel that Management takes notice when we go out of our way to help where the help is needed. My team is a lot of fun and we work hard to get all the required shipment sent out on time. My team is always will to help myself or others learn. The best part of what I get to do within Marwood is always learning something new and have new challenges to help me grow.

Great Experience

I enjoy working with Marwood. It is a great company with great potential to exceed personal goals. I found the management and employees knowledgeable, respectful and friendly. I definitely recommend it to any hard working professional.

The best job i've ever had

There's a really good team in a plant and all help each other. The job is difficult but i happy to be an electrician at Marwood because there're a lot of oportunities for development yourself as professional.I'd reccomend the employer if you want to face with some interesting experience and work with knowledgeable trades.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marwood International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement