Marvin Employee Reviews

Poor Management & Culture
Windows & Doors (Former Employee) –  Canada1 October 2019
Management is unaccountable, therefore, they do not hold others accountable. ‘CYA’ and narcissistic work ethic. High turnover nationwide. Very poor communication. Management not willing to listen to suggestions for improvement.
Great job. Challenging and fun.
Windows and Doors (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2019
Great place to work! My co-workers are all helpful and knowable. Training is on going and well put together.
Downside is that there is not a lot of room to grow as my job is not easily filled because of my experience.
Job Security not here in Halifax
Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
I am a former employee. Started in 2012. Salary was good but was lied to about profit sharing . One of the reasons I took the job. Did a lot of j0bs around the office including driving the 5 ton truck for deliveries. Environment changed when they hired someone for sales and two new Service guys. New salesmen gained up on our Manager and new CO of company sided with her. Service guys would not listen to me for training. Too much back stabbing and also finger pointing. Lost my job and never saw it coming. Told me my job was redundent and didn't need me any more after 4 years. There is no job security with this company.Can come in at anytime and show you the door. Good Luck if you work for them.
Pros
Salary was good, Weekend off.
Cons
No job security. Promise you alot but fall short. Heavy lifting of big windows and doors.
Management is disorganized
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Excellent product that is desired by many architects, designers and homebuilders. The software system is outdated for quoting jobs, so half you time is spent dealing with an ancient software program that more manufacturing based than sales base. .

Unfortunately, I started a time when management was in a state of disarray. It was frustrating to say the least. Support was non existent after they let the sales manager go. HR made up reason to let me go, none of which they could substantiate with any evidence.

It is a great company that is unfortunately poorly run in the Mississauga office.
Pros
Freedom, great product with a long history
Cons
Managment is disorganized even though they are competent on some levels
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker/DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2015
1. Every day at work was something new and different.
2. I learned how a window was put together.
3. The management there were nice people.
4. The co-workers were easy to work with.
5. The hardest part of the job was lifting the big and heavy glass that went into the frame of the window for glazing.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting lead tape on the glass.
Pros
Profit Sharing