Martinrea International
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Martinrea International Employee Reviews

decent place to work but it's repetitive factory woro

working 6 days a week currently you only get the weekend off if you make enough parts during the week. pay is alright, benefits are decent, RRSP match is small but it's at least something. most employers in the area don't even do that. management has so many members you get a told how to work by so many people you don't know what to do.

Extremely poor management team

If you are not part of the "group of favourites" at Martinrea then your time there will be stressful, filled with back stabbing and continual scrutiny. The job I was hired for did not fit what I was told it was to be.

Pros

None to speak of

Cons

Back stabbing

Horrible hours

Lucky to get a 40 hour work week..... in the interview they talk about how it's an amazing company and how there's so much room for advancement but they barely have any work and are constantly asking for people to go home an always canceling shifts terrible place to work

A good example for slavery in 21 century

If you want to know how long you can be survie without fresh air while pushing and pulling 1.5 tons stupid carts, that's a good place to test yourself!If you want to know how pyramids made in Egypt just by man power without any equipment, that's a perfect place to figure out!

Very depressing

Very toxic enviroment. Upper management is terrible. Zero perks to stay there. Wage blows. Supervisors say they will be on the floor, but you never see them. Only when they are leaving at the end of the day. 6 days a week cause they can't figure out how to fix anything or properly run a manufacturing plant. They have been trying to get a second line running but can't get enough people to stay there. Very high turnover, the worst plant i've ever seen for that. Stay away

Pros

End of your shift

Highly Inconsistent and Poor Management

This review is from a "third party(Trillium) employment into Martinrea Tillsonburg" perspective:1. The management is clueless 90% of the time2. They quickly hire people without even having the necessary amount of work3. They would cancel shifts right a few hours before the shift, so you couldn't even arrange for some other job and your pay for that week is gone4. I've seen supervisors asking what to do with the workforce because they did not have work for them5. After inconsistent shifts they would eventually lay off many people on short notice. Not even proper lay off. Just cancel the job.Horrible decision making. Never recommended.

Pros

Cons

Horrible Management, Inconsistent work, Can lay off any moment

Not a fun place for long tern

- Need to beg for increments and salary even after giving best and lots of saving for company.- Management always show you big dreams which is never completed.- Always short with budgets- Inter dept support is approx null.- Colleagues personal target to individuals - No desktop, no fans, too much heat due to welding- Always asking for higher and higher numbers- Culture was good 1 year back, but now it is totally changed.

Pros

Good for beginers to gain experience

Cons

Too much work pressure at lower wages; No promotion, no rewards, no bonus, no profit sharing, Lowest RSP matching, only 2 weeks paid vacation

Very good place to work

This place is a good place to work they are all so nice and there for you when you have a problem. You re treated with resoect and taught your job were your placed.

Pros

Very nice people

Cons

Sometimes hot

upper management very condensending

Supervisors get the from both sides - no support from HR or managers. take away their OT and still expect them to be there 10 to 12 hrs a day. No fun at all.

Pros

it's a job

Cons

Pay, Benefits, Rrsp, condensending bosses

Management treats you like a number

It doesn't matter how hard you work, they play favorites. They also will not choose woman to be a lead hand for any specific line. There were a lot of hard working people at Martinrea, however all management cared about was pushing out numbers fast enough. I was put in the hospital from my back and they told me I had to come in the next day or they wouldn't pay me.

great place poor managers

Great place to work with peers. Managers aren't transparent. Feeling is always there as if certain fate is looming. They don't invest in their people or community.

Pros

managers are clueless

Cons

Climbing stairs to cafeteria

Its nice place to work

It wad great experience. People are friendly and helping. I Dont know about future there because I worked there 4 months only. But in future if they give me noc b lvl job. I would love to do it.

Pros

Free ice-cream in summer

Cons

Repetitive work

Exciting new technology

Exciting place to work but weak mid level management which drives poor results, Benefits are below average for a family's needs and RRSP matching is sadly laughable. Expectation to work long hours with no compensation (overtime or in-lieu time). No work life balance.

Pros

Team culture is very good

Cons

No work life balance.

Meh

Corporate Head Office makes all the decisions. The plant level has no say, including the General Managers. Fun, since head office has no idea what goes on at the plant level. Barely any training provided, so feel free to teach yourself. Managers are extremely hands off, which sounds great, until you need support or help with something.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Lack of training, incompetent managers

Staff is very supportive and experienced. I have learned alot of things from this conpany. Enjoyed the work. Good company for growth. The best thing about company is they are not partial with their temporary employees. rary

Productive work place

A typical day at work is challenging and also relaxed at same time. I learned coworker relationships while at Martinrea and how to handle stress in tough times. Management was okay.

Treat your temps better

If a temp is coming from an agency and is consistent and hard working. After their 6 month probationary period it would be nice if the HR staff kept up on the persons progress so they know exactly when to hire them. That way the company has a higher percentage of motivated staff.

Not a good place to have a career..

Worst place to work...very manipulative environment..make promises they dont keep...worked 4 yrs with no raise or evaluation or promotion...supervisors never able to assist.

Pros

Not good place to work.

Cons

Not a good place to make a career

In the maintenance department, the company was a good place to work.

Started the machinery each morning. Checked for an unnecessary noises. Throughout the day dealt with any machinery issues. I learned about different types of equipment that were different from my previous job. Management was OK to work for.

Don't work for them

Worked in middle management. It was an us against them mentality with upper management. Was the worst experience in the working world I've ever had. Would not let my worst enemy work there.

Dirty and hard job

Job is hard on your body and not for people that aren't physically fit. Get really greasy and dirty from the parts. Shift work which is 7-3, 3-11 or 11-7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martinrea International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement