Martinrea International Employee Reviews

Awesome work environment
Temporary Part Timer, Metal Faberication (Former Employee) –  99 Golf Course Line, Ridgetown, ON13 November 2018
Awesome work environment, I highly recommend trying to be hired on as the Pros out weigh the Cons. Working with top of the line equipment and robot arms is an amazing experience that I will always cherish my years at Martinrea Ridgetown
Pros
high pay, full time hours
Cons
cuts, bumps, burns
Martinrea
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON1 October 2018
Not a job I would suggest if you're a social type of person. The management isn't approachable or flexible with requests for time off etc. The hourly wage was good when you got hired onto the company (when you start, you start as a TPT or Temp worker.) and the hours are there if you want them. Radio speakers were taken away when management changed. Quiet and depressing atmosphere.
Pros
Available hours, pay wage
Cons
Unfriendly/Unprofessional Management
ensure quality on shop floor, ensure documentaion updated
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON25 July 2018
ensured customer relations with part concern, maintain all quality and shop floor documentation, review and design checking fixtures for production floor.
About job security and environment
Brake Press Engineer Programmer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 April 2018
Job security is very less . If they don’t need you they will kick you out without giving any reason. Still a growing plant, some supervisors are very rude and they jugde you without asking you anything. Some machines are unsafe, because safety sensonrs are not being used there in perfect manner.
Toxic Environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 April 2018
A horrendous experience overall working out of one of the Brampton locations.

A "manage-top-down" mentality with a culture determined by fear and intimidation.

Lack of workplace integrity and extremely poor life balance as a result.

At the plant level, everything is Fire-fighting 101 !!
Cons
Lack of workplace ethics
Challenging
Program Controller (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 March 2018
A very challenging and supportive environment. It feels like a startup. Potential to do a lot of visible work and process improvements. High exposure to upper management.
best place
Automotive Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 March 2018
I met a lot of fun loving people while i was working for martinrea. The team cares about their employees and are willing to help whenever they can. I would enjoy working there again.
Was okay work, but..
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON6 March 2018
If you decide to not show up to work for whatever reason and is beyond your 7 days now (used to be 10), and your on last chance probation, they will do everything in their power to fire you from the plant, any excuse or violation they deem fit to fire you, they will exercise it even with a union by your side, watch yourself.
Pros
Fellow employees were great.
Cons
Management and regulations.
Not the greatest
Team Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 February 2018
I enjoyed working with my team. The shift that I had worked well for me and I was happy to have learned from this industry. I had issues with the management and culture.
Pros
Free turkey was given on holidays
Cons
culture
Great environment to work in
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 February 2018
Productive family oriented work place.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON20 January 2018
Martinrea Metallic was a great place to work. You clock in and start your shift, safety checks and begin operating. We are allowed 3 breaks all paid. People treat you like family there and its an excellent place to work.
Pros
Safe work environment, excellent supervisor
Cons
Midnight shifts
Great Place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 January 2018
Great place to work....environment was great, people who worked there were very nice. Enjoyed learning alot and gained great new skills. Was a pleasure to work there.
Very challenging environment
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 December 2017
Fast pace, a lot of reporting requirements from BU and Corporate level. Finance team at BU and Corporate is very supportive. Company provides relevant training periodically which is very helpful.
produtive and relaxed atmosphere
Press Operator / Welder (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON20 November 2017
great teamwork /,problems on floor were dealt with quickly /,all employees got along great creating a relaxed workplace/ management took employees concerns about quality and acted quickly about them
The people I work with are friendly.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON5 October 2017
I’ve worked at this company for 13 years so I’m good to have a full time job and I show up to work every day, I am a hard worker and dedicated to my job and push myself to the max.
Opportunity
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MO1 October 2017
Good company with opportunity available. Benefits are average. Minimal resources available. I gained a lot of experience starting from the bottom working my up to management.
Dont work there
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2017
Money machine no life. Horrble managment get used if your a good worker make you do the hardest ops. If your fat and lazy or women you get to work the press or easy ops. Rotate 3 shifts no sleep always tired. Teamleaders walk around like there king but really just aholess. Id rather be homeless then work there again.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Working there
A lot of good hard working people
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON20 September 2017
Really good hardworking people, in a fast paced environment . Good management , with high end facility.lots of overtime including manditory Saturdays can be tough but worth it.
fabco
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON7 July 2017
You come to work, and go into the plant punch in at the clock for the shift. Go speek to the shift supervisor and receive your job for the night or what ever shift that you are on.
Work till you bleed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 June 2017
Not a stressful place but hard to get on full time and pay isn't very good. Most shifts are weird hours and not too many people stay there because of the low income
Pros
Free work shirts
Cons
Bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martinrea International. Our community is ready to answer.