Martinrea International

Martinrea International Employee Reviews

Canada117 reviews
In the maintenance department, the company was a good place to work.
Started the machinery each morning. Checked for an unnecessary noises. Throughout the day dealt with any machinery issues.
I learned about different types of equipment that were different from my previous job.

Management was OK to work for.
Treat your temps better
If a temp is coming from an agency and is consistent and hard working. After their 6 month probationary period it would be nice if the HR staff kept up on the persons progress so they know exactly when to hire them. That way the company has a higher percentage of motivated staff.
Not a good place to have a career..
Worst place to work...very manipulative environment..make promises they dont keep...worked 4 yrs with no raise or evaluation or promotion...supervisors never able to assist.
Pros
Not good place to work.
Cons
Not a good place to make a career
Don't work for them
Worked in middle management. It was an us against them mentality with
upper management. Was the worst experience in the working world I've ever had. Would not let my worst enemy work there.
Dirty and hard job
Job is hard on your body and not for people that aren't physically fit. Get really greasy and dirty from the parts. Shift work which is 7-3, 3-11 or 11-7
Ingersoll Plant
The worst management.. they don’t know what are doing . They have 10 rulers.. hahah is a joke is not place to respect the man power .. I don’t think the CEO and the top managers know about how they follow and respect the Martinrea Culture . In other words this facility is a joke !
Company lays off people just to hire back for much lower wages
Not a good company at all after Martinrea took over. Worked at Company for past 11 years, then laid off from Martinrea then told if want to come back as TPT for $6 less an hour. Company doesn't care about workers and cost of living just save money. Would not recommend.
Great workplace for maintenance team. Safety and quality is top priority.
Great experience. Good maintenance management. Very accommodating to family needs. Good training and clean plant. Safety is paramount and clean place to work. Quality is top priority and above customer standard. Very advance manufacturing process.
Good Management
they tried to have a good work environment
keep employees up to date

good benefits

good communication with most bosses

if you know your job its a great place to work
Pros
lots of overtime for trades
Cons
lots of overtime for trades
Good for learning for beginners
I joined as Summer Intern in Martinrea International Inc o/a Alfiled industries in Vaughan, its 's good platform for co-op for innovation. Only thing they give entry with some internal reference hence missing many talent people behind who are knocking the doors
good workplace and verry clean.
I think there it good location driving to work and morning shift for me best time, every one nice worker at Martinrea and good information,system,safty for every thing.
Hard place to work at if you are female. -
Highly stresslful, hard core and burns people out.....still the old boys club.

Pay is good, expectations are high with no room for error. The environment is very "political" and it is easy to be caught between the cross hairs without a net.
Great team.
Automotive by design is a fast paced environment. You must be ready for change and challenges. Great team of people to work with. Everyone is dedicated.
One Love
Martinrea Ajax great people good place to work good communication with the workers and management I find I wish it never close I would still be there
really best place to learn and grow.
Pros

the company is run on very strong values and you see this day in day out around the business, strong values and a good culture fit are the two main aspects to the interview process here, this I believe is the reason we have such a good bunch of people who I genuinely think of as my extended family!

Cons

You do have to make your own path if you want to progress, this isn't necessarily a bad thing as you have the freedom to explore new options and take your career in the direction in which you want it to go.
Good working environment
Good management, lots of opportunities for growth. Excellent salary and will have good training opportunities to help you succeed in your role. A lot of nice people to work with.
Good place too work
Really good place to work and learn in any maintenance trade, robot tech, millwright apprentice, electrical apprentice, really helped me advance my skills and knowledge from starting off not knowing much to knowing as much/more than licensed mechanics there.
Opinion about martinrea
I worked five days a week and I missed my friends and management people. I learned a lot of things from there how to worked as a team and how to cooperate with a team. One day we got customer complained and my supervisor said this is your fault but I know that its not my fault and i proofed it so that was my hardest time during i work there. On the Christmas party we enjoyed a lot also our all culture festival we celebrate together with managements. It is a good time get together and enjoyed a lot.In the workplace culture good environment ,expectations and goals also respect and fairness. All managements are very helpful if we need any help on the floor they always there for any help.They shared all information's include production and about new contract. I worked 19 years with this company and liked to work with them.
Too many cooks
As a production worker, we saw a great deal of conflicting opinions and agendas from our upper administration within the building, and little consideration was given to worker input about the proposed changes and how these changes would affect the workflow; such as limiting range of motion in the work areas, not supplying sufficient ventilation, etc.

The people I worked with were what kept me coming back in every day, there was a shared push among everyone to keep going and stay positive. The supervisors on shift had the hardest job trying to balance the heat coming from above and below, and still managed to be great at what they did and to everyone on the floor
Good company to work for
Learned a lot of good things there. Corporate involvement is a grate help. Company is transitioning to become more competitive in automotive industry and I think is a good place to work
Good Work place
Good Work place with nice people around, management cares about people and makes sure they are feeling comfortable in the work environment. Company is growing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martinrea International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9