Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc.

Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc. Employee Reviews

The crew is good

The crew is good, and no high turn over rate. They do a good job to incentive employees to relate and be friendly (events, everybody knows you're name, training). It's not the best payment, but not far from most average manufacturing jobs.

Typical work shop experience

Overall a decent place to work , clean lunchroom/lockers, monthly b-cake, pizza days, always something to do and learn. Weekly meetings, safety is a top priority.

Pros

fellow workers are more than willing to show you the proper way of doing the job

Cons

non

Toxic workplace on the shop floor, professional customer facing staff

Be aware that you will be micromanaged intensively. This position is good for a new graduate to learn the ropes as you will be expected to do everything. You will be held accountable for anything that goes wrong, but are given no authority to effect any changes. Workplace culture is a well-developed, highly political environment where bullying and backstabbing is promoted. Perfect attendance is a must as any raises are intrinsically tied to that instead of actual performance goals. Improvements are carried out under duress by shop-floor management who will do everything to undermine the success of the project. The Engineering, Purchasing and Sales teams are very professional by comparison and are very easy to work with, if you are given the opportunity. All promotions in the company will only come through sales department.

Ok as a first job

Good place to learn new things if you want experience. Head office is in Texas and that is used as an excuse for many things. Perfect attendance is only way for a raise so family life and being sick is burtful to your raise decided by someone who has never met you in Texas.

NIce people all around

I felt very friendly environment at this place. They give you time to learn things and proper training for work and safety measures. i felt very safe and secure working there.

Horrible

I quit there. Supervisor called me and told me I left a bunch of tools there. I was busy, and took a week to go grab them. When I went in to see him he acted like he didn't know why I was there and said they were gone. Bunch of guys that think they know stuff but really don't. Low quality work. Bad pay. Lack of organization. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here.

Worked there years ago as a welder in Ayr facility

When I was there I was on second shift. They only had 2 welders on that shift making 18 an hour or more. There was 7 welders making 16 or less an hour and they treated them as just another number. Most of us stayed just long enough to gain the experience before moving on to bigger better things in places that paid what your worth. The management was awful at the best of times I doubt it has improved as the company is all about the bottom line profit

Here for short time... Not a good time

Applied to a general labor position, when I got there they made me feel sorta bad for having little weld experience. The important thing to note is that the Ayr location for Martin sprocket is not a plant pushing production. More specific they assemble very large custom metal work. An example would be a grain elevator. To work here you must be a decent MIG welder. If not your to the curb. They wire weld on round surfaces, different metals, combination of different material ranging from aluminum, to stainless steel.

Pros

They give you a cool hat

Cons

Breathing in weld fumes consistently, gradually leads to cancer.

Slave like company

Treat it as a school,a place to learn. Head supervisor is an idiot. Management is both organized and dis organized. Slave work for hard workers. Multiple culture atmosphere.

Cons

Long hour, low wages, slave work

excellent working environment

The woking conditions are excellent All the staff and team members are qualified Work is mostly Quality concentrated There are so many of new equipments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

2.4Job security/advancement

Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc.