Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc.

Martin Sprocket and Gear, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
The crew is good
The crew is good, and no high turn over rate. They do a good job to incentive employees to relate and be friendly (events, everybody knows you're name, training).
It's not the best payment, but not far from most average manufacturing jobs.
Ok as a first job
Good place to learn new things if you want experience. Head office is in Texas and that is used as an excuse for many things. Perfect attendance is only way for a raise so family life and being sick is burtful to your raise decided by someone who has never met you in Texas.
NIce people all around
I felt very friendly environment at this place. They give you time to learn things and proper training for work and safety measures. i felt very safe and secure working there.
Horrible
I quit there. Supervisor called me and told me I left a bunch of tools there. I was busy, and took a week to go grab them. When I went in to see him he acted like he didn't know why I was there and said they were gone. Bunch of guys that think they know stuff but really don't. Low quality work. Bad pay. Lack of organization. Wouldn't recommend anyone working here.
Worked there years ago as a welder in Ayr facility
When I was there I was on second shift. They only had 2 welders on that shift making 18 an hour or more. There was 7 welders making 16 or less an hour and they treated them as just another number. Most of us stayed just long enough to gain the experience before moving on to bigger better things in places that paid what your worth.
The management was awful at the best of times I doubt it has improved as the company is all about the bottom line profit
Here for short time... Not a good time
Applied to a general labor position, when I got there they made me feel sorta bad for having little weld experience. The important thing to note is that the Ayr location for Martin sprocket is not a plant pushing production. More specific they assemble very large custom metal work. An example would be a grain elevator. To work here you must be a decent MIG welder. If not your to the curb. They wire weld on round surfaces, different metals, combination of different material ranging from aluminum, to stainless steel.
Pros
They give you a cool hat
Cons
Breathing in weld fumes consistently, gradually leads to cancer.
Slave like company
Treat it as a school,a place to learn. Head supervisor is an idiot. Management is both organized and dis organized. Slave work for hard workers. Multiple culture atmosphere.
Cons
Long hour, low wages, slave work
excellent working environment
The woking conditions are excellent
All the staff and team members are qualified

Work is mostly Quality concentrated

There are so many of new equipments