Martin Motor Sports Employee Reviews

An Industry Leader!!
Power Sports Sales (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB15 May 2019
Martin Motor Sports is at the top their game- leading the Motor Sports Industry. Every day is different. You have the opportunity to work with great people and amazing products! We also get to be involved in fun events- trade shows, demo rides, employee/client training. It's a really great place to work and to grow your career.
Pros
Quality brands, employee discounts.
You give a lot and get nothing in return
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2019
I was so excited to get to work with and for some of the best products in the industry. The staff environment is like you’re in high school.. There’s favourite, no one listens to your concerns, and no one works as a team. No one ever takes responsibility and it’s always someone else’s fault. Very one sided they think that just because their job title requires them to do a certain task, means they shouldn’t have to help other departments when they need it most. Management is a joke, and they favourite towards men. It’s a zero respect in the store environment towards the staff memebers. The management also has no backbone.. doesn’t support policy and makes you look stupid in front of customer as if you don’t know how to preform your job. I do however still have the upmost respect for the owners of the company. Since their management has changed in the last couple years things have gone down hill.
Horrible management
Marine Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2019
Martin Motor Sports sells some of the greatest products in the world. Their management is incompetent. There is no chain of command, and no one knows who they answer to. Certain employees are shown blatant favouritism and there is a lot of backstabbing that goes on. I would not recommend this place to anyone strictly due to the fact that the management sucks. I was so excited to work for Martin and I truly had a passion for the product I was working with, but I was forced out after a long time employee threw me under the bus for something I didn't do.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Horrible work environment and terrible management
Challenging Work & Great People
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alberta26 September 2018
This place isn't for everyone but I really enjoy working here. It's a company that's really driven and overall everyone here seems to be up for a challenge. We sell boats so it's never a bad day when you get to see a family go home happy. The management team is really committed to only bringing in high quality products and we focus a lot on customer service so it's nice being able to stand behind what we sell.

It's a big enough company that you have the resources you need to do your work, but also small enough that you can get to know the owners and management team and know that you matter. It's a really great group of people who love to have fun and joke around but are also always growing and working towards something new. Really fun team to be a part of.

I say it's not for everyone because there are busy seasons and the hours can get long sometimes. But the people make it worth it and at the end of the day I like working for a company that's successful.
Pros
Fast Pace, Lots Going On, Great People
Cons
Long Hours During Busy Seasons
No good
Lead Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
The management is terrible. They will not stand behind you. The HR department is run by one of the senior controllers, so you issues will be ignored.
The wages are poor. The bonus program is set up to only benefit the owners.
Over all it was a terrible experience.
Pros
Cons
Managers, owners, wages, culture.
Opportunity to sell products you love
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2018
Being a dealership, you give up some work/life balance based on the hours and weekends. Overall the staff are good and most of the team is there to support you.

The products are top-notch and industry leading.
Pros
fun atmosphere, good people, interested customers
Cons
Long hours, weekends, trade shows
Wonderful staff and helpful supervisors.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
During my time volunteering at Martin Motor Sports, I would stock shelves, retrieve parts and accessories for customers, organize and reorganize stock, as well as fill and shelve the oil for the sleds.
I learned a great deal about parts and accessories for quads, boats, sleds, and the like. I also learned how to print and assign labels, and track down customer orders efficiently.
The management is excellent. They take time out of their day to make sure that you're doing well, and always take notice if something is stressing you out, providing a safe work environment.
The hardest part of the job had to be the memorization of parts and their corresponding numbers. While not impossible to do, there are a lot of items available, and so there are a great variation of part numbers to memorize.
I most enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with, as they were a constant source of encouragement and aide.
Pros
Flexible hours, agreeable staff.
Cons
Heavy lifting, physical strain, stress.
High School
Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2016
Working for Martin Motor Sports was like being in High School with a negative work environment of backstabbing, favoritism, incompetence, no accountability where any type of criticism is met with "How Dare You Question The Great Oz!"
Pros
Product
Cons
Work Environment
Slow paced and minimal work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2014
This job isn't very difficult but the hours are very minimal and the days are slow.
Management and co-workers are some of the best people I work with.
Hardest part of the job is location.
The people I work with are enjoyable.
Pros
Occasional free food