Martin Brower

Martin Brower Employee Reviews

If you have advanced unionized experience, it may work for you. Unionized employees are divided and and difficult to work with, which makes it a very toxic environment.
Pros
Compensation package
Cons
Unionized environment
J adore travailler chez Martin Brower. Formation très bien.
Pros
Tres belle équipe. Sympathique. Flexible b
Cons
Aucune a date.
Not a place you would want to settle down. Management is horrible, HR, no respect. Avoid, simple. If you respect yourself, go on and do better. Work at a company than has the decency to treat you with respect. That is all.
If I could get the years back I wasted at this thankless abysmal environment my life would be better off. I've had the opportunity to work for some other big companies since leaving Martin Brower and I can honestly say this is the worst job environment I've ever been in. My work was sabotaged, my efforts were futile and I was at constant odds with management and the employees there. This company is EVIL.
They are anti-english employer in Quebec , once they know your french is not the best they will not proceed with job interview. Even though werahouse tasks dont required that much of french . And i worked in many warehouses which are 90% french and never had issue getting hired
J'ai travaillé a cette compagnie 5 ans. Les premières étaient super. Beaucoup dovertime et plein de travail. Dans la dernière année, la direction a commencé à couper dans tout. Donc, attendez vous a travailler toutes les fins de semaine pour de très longues années et a faire autour de 40 h. Aucun vie familiale possible avec cet horaire. De plus beaucoup d'erreurs sur les payés. De plus j'attends toujours un montant
Cons
Tout depuis la dernière annee
J’ai changer d’emplois à cause de ma vie de famille
I don't mind hourly rate but hrs should be around 60 for all the drivers. Like junior drivers just got 40 or 44 etc . Then I can run my home properly
Over time things became worst. No managent can think outside a box. Will hire degrees that have nothing to do with the industry. They got rid of all older employees who have proven their loyalty to the company. Hired new but had no one ro train them?
It is a good company to work for in terms of compensation for the work performed. Job security I feel is very strong. These are the only pros to being employed here. After being employed here for 1-2yrs it is very safe to say you will strongly dislike working here but the compensation will play a big role in sticking around. There is too much to complain about.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Martin Brower?
Although it was my first job in Canada, it was an average experience working with company. Colleagues are very supportive, however the higher management is not really keen to help and provide proper training.
Martin Brower has friendly employees. They had coffee everyday for the employee at the office and the warehouse employee. It was the best employer that I got hired. The employees at every department if collaboratively working together and help each other to get the satisfaction from the customers or clients. I was very happy to got that job as a warehouse coordinator but the system went down and make me lost the job. Binh Dang
Fast paced environment. Management is clueless to the day to day problems on the floor or just don't care. The scheduling is an on call system that is tough to get a life balance to work
stressful workplace with strict deadlines, to be successful you need to be very self-directed with excellent time management skills, by working on a lot of different projects you learn a lot
If you have no personal life and don't mind being on call 24/7 and starting work anytime from midnight to noon then this is the job for you. Also they have runs that are like 2 day runs way up north 800 plus kms. Basically you are their slave and will do as you told or else you will be suspended without pay or fired. Union seems useless and dosent do anything. Decide for yourself if you're willing to sell your soul for some extra $$$. I decided not to.
24/7 operation. Unionized. Top 20 or 30 drivers on the list are okay the rest are used and abused. Great place to start your driving career at a young age as you will work your way up but the seniority list makes starting middle age very difficult as there is very little room for advancement on the list through attrition.
DC managers in Brampton grossly incompetent. More interested in leaving early on Fridays to go drinking then managing the union. Union owns the management, even though they are paid way over market reference. Embarrassingly unproductive group. Massive middle manager turnover should be a very telling sign of the mismanagement at upper levels.
Great management with good employee atmosphere. Martin Brower provides employees with competitive salaries and benefits. Highly recommend working for this company.
It had great Management very helpful Human Resources department when you needed them they were always there. Coworkers were absolutely amazing and offered there help and assistance when I was in need.
Work comes first here... even if it means working late, from home and on weekends for a low base salary. Make sure you dont expect to get an annual raise after all of those extra hours worked in a high stress environment. And the only people who reap the benefits are management because they get the bonuses... not the planners that are actually saving the company all of the money. And most of our jobs are being replaced in the US but they are pretty much waiting for us to leave instead of paying out packages.
Don't work there. The bosses don't know what they are doing and will abuse hard workers. They are dismissive and disrespectful -rule by fear. There is no point in speaking up about issues.
Cons
Long unpaid hours. Disrespectful environment encouraged.
  1. Employee reviews