Martin Brower
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Martin Brower Employee Reviews

Canada79 reviews

Not Great, Not Terrible

The pay is good in the warehouse but getting full time work and working decent shifts is hard to get at first.Some supervisors and managers are ok to work with but are mostly clueless.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Shifts terrible at first

Truck driver

Best job ever , pay is good, lots of OT, people are friendly, equipment is new, get to travel all over the province , benefits are the best, it is the safest company to work for.

Pros

Pay benefits safety

Cons

Work weekends

Management has no clue

management and supervisors have no clue what there doing or how to run the place! EXTREMELY POOR management! coworkers always cut coroners and moody and hate to work, always look for the easy way out of work

Stressful Place to work

Would not recommend this place to anyone who wants to work here. The work simple dropping skids at McDonald’s. The management makes it difficult they treat you less than. You are constantly watched by other drivers.They are trying to cut overtime by getting new drivers. Good luck getting any overtime.You don’t get a schedule until you are one year in the job. On call 24/7 they will call you whenever they want. You don’t have a idea when you are working until they call you before 2 hours before your start time.

Find another place to work, runaway fast

Very disorganized company !!17 transportation managers in 11 yrs something definitely wrong here!!Recommend looking for work elsewhere, very unappreciated and they treat you like your not even a person

Be on call and available for work 24-7

This place went downhill when the new socialist management and presidency took over. They lost more employees in the last year than any year previous only due to abuse of employees through intimidation and promise to replace current workforce if you don’t comply.

Pros

Ignoring their constant phone calls and text messages

Cons

Management that tries to divide and conquer with fear and intimidation.

Good Company to work for with lots of opportunity if you are willing to put the effort - Very fast paced.

Lots of learning opportunity, lot of work with supportive teams. The industry is fast moving and therefore the day to day is following the same path..

Pros

Industry is a bulldozer

Cons

Too much movement

The job is easy and simple. One of the easiest places to work in the food service delivery jobs.

My overall experience so far is good. The people who work there are friendly and supportive with any questions you have. This place is all about the union.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

waste of time

Poor Management. Stressful... they people take more than a month for training . Waste of time. They screw up the people. Don’t care about other peopleIf , you want to work your life away with no balance for your home life this jobs for you. Money isnt always happiness ... i was in the training with drivers who have kids and familly and advise me that they were working week end all 15 years !!! you do not have a realy life and familly life .... you are just a number , before asking for advantages and benifits ask , about how much people did the training , in the same week !!! training all the time enrolling people hhhh ask drivers they know evry things and they will told you how much people get the training before you hhhh in a few days ... only few people who dont care about familly and there kids can stay there , without week end and workinf under call for minimum 4 years after geting there own shcdules ...

Pros

pay

Cons

Evry things Elyes

Administration

J adore travailler chez Martin Brower. Formation très bien.

Pros

Tres belle équipe. Sympathique. Flexible b

Cons

Aucune a date.

Rude, stuck up, ignorant management

Not a place you would want to settle down. Management is horrible, HR, no respect. Avoid, simple. If you respect yourself, go on and do better. Work at a company than has the decency to treat you with respect. That is all.

The Worst experience of my life

If I could get the years back I wasted at this thankless abysmal environment my life would be better off. I've had the opportunity to work for some other big companies since leaving Martin Brower and I can honestly say this is the worst job environment I've ever been in. My work was sabotaged, my efforts were futile and I was at constant odds with management and the employees there. This company is EVIL.

Anti-english

They are anti-english employer in Quebec , once they know your french is not the best they will not proceed with job interview. Even though werahouse tasks dont required that much of french . And i worked in many warehouses which are 90% french and never had issue getting hired

Très très bonne compagnie

J’ai changer d’emplois à cause de ma vie de famille

Terrible Union Environment

If you have advanced unionized experience, it may work for you. Unionized employees are divided and and difficult to work with, which makes it a very toxic environment.

Pros

Compensation package

Cons

Unionized environment

Good

I don't mind hourly rate but hrs should be around 60 for all the drivers. Like junior drivers just got 40 or 44 etc . Then I can run my home properly

Started good

Over time things became worst. No managent can think outside a box. Will hire degrees that have nothing to do with the industry. They got rid of all older employees who have proven their loyalty to the company. Hired new but had no one ro train them?

Good pay, good benefits atrocious culture!

It is a good company to work for in terms of compensation for the work performed. Job security I feel is very strong. These are the only pros to being employed here. After being employed here for 1-2yrs it is very safe to say you will strongly dislike working here but the compensation will play a big role in sticking around. There is too much to complain about.

Average working experience

Although it was my first job in Canada, it was an average experience working with company. Colleagues are very supportive, however the higher management is not really keen to help and provide proper training.

Martin Brower of Canada Co is a fun and the best work place

Martin Brower has friendly employees. They had coffee everyday for the employee at the office and the warehouse employee. It was the best employer that I got hired. The employees at every department if collaboratively working together and help each other to get the satisfaction from the customers or clients. I was very happy to got that job as a warehouse coordinator but the system went down and make me lost the job. Binh Dang

Fast paced, high energy job with a focus on the customer.

Fast paced environment. Management is clueless to the day to day problems on the floor or just don't care. The scheduling is an on call system that is tough to get a life balance to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Brower. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement