Marshalls Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

customer service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2018
Day work: Merchandising , customer service, cashier, warehouse job,fitting room.
Customer service is a priority of company.
Very nice management stuff.
Friendly team work atmosphere.
I love to work with customers.
great knowledge with great peoples
Customer care service (Former Employee) –  south edmonton common23 March 2018
taking the every type of customer and respect to them and fulfil its requirement..team member doing fun with nice peoples.and improved team work and having joy
great work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 July 2017
great store
great co-workers
amazing manger

great environment, great place to be at.

overall this place will be a great and cool to work at and wish to live this experience
Pros
everything is good about this store
Cons
greasy and loud kids
A Company I Love
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I have worked as an associate at Marshalls in London, ON for 8 months now. I am so lucky to be a part of such a fantastic team. The managers are highly motivating, they help to ensure you are successful in any and every role.
friendly work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2016
friendly work place where i got to develop more of my communicational skills because it was very fast paced i got to communicate with people at a faster pas but at the same time help them with their purchases.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough hours for work given
A day in the life of
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
on a daily basis i stocked products from the backroom to the sales floor. I also showed great customer survives.
I worked well with my co-workers
Pros
helping people
Cons
don't have any
I enjoyed working at Marshall's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 January 2016
serving customers
I learned alot about people
The management was very nice, I got along with my co-workers very well and we had fun together while doing our work.
Keeping a good attitude when customers would deliberately make a mess of the clothes
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
would like to have worked more in different departments
Not the best job but it got me by
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
I've worked for this company for about 8 years.Its not the best company but it puts money in the bank. Can grow in the company if you want
great people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  oshawa25 August 2015
Great people to work with, but not enough work hours for part time. Fun outings with the team though and the christmas party was always a good time.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2015
I overall enjoyed working at Marshalls.

I was in charge of the shoes department.

A typical day would consist of me:
- Update and arrange inventory as needed.
- Assist customers if they had any questions/concerns of me.
- Process and help with returns at the front of store.

Overall I would say that the job greatly helped me learn how to be part of a team and taught me that working as part of one can really give a sense of family at work which can make your workplace a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I got along very well with two of my three managers
Most people at my work didn't like the head manager because she was always first to criticize everyone and didn't ever take people's feelings into consideration. I accepted her for the way she was and tried my best to not take things personally.

I got along very well with my coworkers and even made a few friends. We all knew each other by name and it was a pleasure working there everyday.

The hardest part of the job were sale days. It was ridiculously busy which made it hard to get a lot done with people constantly needing my help and the workload was multiplied on those days so it was definitely a challenge to be able to find time to get everything done.

My favorite part of working there was again, my coworkers.
We all got along very well and it made it worth going in 4 or 5 times a week just to talk with them and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun & Friendly Atmosphere, Free Lunch (Sometimes)
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Flexible schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West, ON27 April 2015
Marshalls has a very flexible hours and the managers are always willing to work with my schedule. The family culture makes the working environment very enjoyable. During these turbulent economic times this has been a very stable job.
not happy workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 April 2015
Short staffed
So can't complete assigned tasks
leave feeling exhausted , under trained
very few hours for minimum wage
not much chance for advancement
Cons
not enough hours
Comfortable work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississauga3 March 2015
My part time job. Best part about this job was, I got to meet new people everyday. Got to see all the new merchandise and process them. All the co-workers were very easy to work with.
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2014
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Pros
10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons
6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service & Sales associate (Current Employee) –  165 Trainyards Dr Ottawa, ON15 January 2014
A typical day includes being harassed by management in some form or another, being told your work is unsatisfactory then management taking credit for the work.
Pros
Cons
Lies, Unfair treatment, Unprofessional Behavior
Fun retaiilstore environment
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2012
Working at the store for just over a year has been a fun ride. Some good and not so good experiences have made the year a very full experience.
Pros
free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons
no cons to report