Marshalls Employee Reviews for Cashier

Open and encouraging workplace, lots of positive feedback
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
A typical day at work was greeting managers and co-workers in the break room, most of us had very well relations with each other. It would then go to clocking in and checking in with a manager to see what todays goals were and then going about to complete them. I learnt a large amount of customer service skills wether it was helping someone find a certain item or if it was dealing with an upset customer. Management was excellent my managers were always happy to help or teach when needed.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Few hours
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
successfully handled large quantity of money transactions and also refunded items. Excellent customer services. Helped out in training co-workers at cash register.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
marshalls
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  mcdonough GA2 February 2017
great starting job for students and hard working individuals looking for a second job. They did a wonderful job with working with my school schedule and helped build my knowledge in customer service
Great People and atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 January 2017
The people here are amazing and very friendly. There is many different places you can work in the store so you never get bored. They are also very understanding of your schedule
A positive work environment with people who are motivated to work.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2016
Management team is remarkable, how they manage the store, treat co workers and customers are perfect. Very impressed by how they manage the store typically, an organized team who you can depend on with out a doubt.

What I have learned by working with them is that team work is very important to run a successful business, without any team work you are left with complaints, a messy store, so its very important to be sure who is hired because it can take one irresponsible person to mess up the whole routine. So must always do your duty and keep managers up to date about anything in the store or in personal life that may affect your work habit.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who treated others as if they were like family. Second was dealing with customers, enjoying a simple conversation and lots of laughs.

Marshall's at Edmonton South Common was a wonderful experience and I would go back again.
Pros
occasional free lunches/ snacks, positive atmosphere
good place to work. could use more hours
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2016
Every day is a good experiences, i like working there and i have great co workers. My managers are very understanding and easy going.
Pros
Meeting new people
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2015
Marshall's ,it is a American store . I use to work as a cashier.very neat and clean environment.Management and co- workers are very helpful.Lots of space to grow.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.