Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the search See all 6,284 reviews
productive and challenging
COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2018
TJX is a wonderful place to work if you are a dedicated hard worker. there is lots of space for growing with the company. the most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished at the end of the day.
Productive place of work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2018
Great place to work, hours given based in your availability, customers are friendly, the work environment is friendly, and there is always someone to talk to if needed!
Decent first job
Sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 August 2018
This was my first job and it overall wasn't too bad. They didn't listen to my scheduling needs and being in high school made this very important and was ultimately why I left.
productive and fun place to work
Store Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
great workplace , more opportunities as one can grow within a company. however, there should be moreopportunities for part time workers to ehance their skills
Pros
Fun place
Cons
less part time opportunities
Wasn't what I thought it would be.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
Working at Marshals was really hard to want to do. I would get to work and would not want to be there, lots of the workers were grumpy, lots of people slacked off and weren't doing what they should be doing. Shifts were not consistent, would get little to now hours, if i wanted to move to full time I would need to re apply for my own job. Would not recommend.
Pros
Set break times
Cons
Hours sucked
Sales Associate / Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 July 2018
Worked as part time, good place to work for students. Given desire hours, more hours for old and experienced employee. Ok wages, basic salary and no benefits
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2018
poor management, rude and disrespectful
work environment with employees were not terrible, very nice people and fun to work with

.........................
Pros
Employees
Cons
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 July 2018
First time working in retail was at Marshalls and it was pretty good.
Spent most of time working and monitoring in the fitting rooms. All you pretty much have to do is help customers to find what they are looking for and keeping the sales floor clean.
Pros
Flexible hours and discounts.
Cons
Theres always something to clean up because customers either make a mess or misplace things.
very good
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 June 2018
its a very good place to work as a student because they are accommodating towards school and hours. understandable management never gives any problems for sick calls.
Pros
good hours
Interesting and fast-paced
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Working at Marshalls was a learning experience. It engaged me with new skills and communication techniques, such as customer service. Working at Marshalls in Mississauga was a good experience overall
Over Worked, Underpaid
Merchandise Coordinator (Department Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2018
low wages, high work volume
lots of running around with minimum down time
favouritism with employees
exhausting shifts
lots expected of you with minimal praise for hard work
Co-op/Employee
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
I started as as a co-op student eventually getting hired as a employee, I have learned how to handle customers and work as a cashier. The hardest part would have to the the busy hours where many customers come in. The most enjoyable part was working with my coordinator as we got along really well. The workplace was really friendly and welcoming.
Enjoyable place to work, meet new people and help lots of customers.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2018
I learnt from this job how important it is to ensure the customers have the best experience possible from the moment they enter the store to the moment they leave. I gained lots of confidence in approaching customers with a friendly face and making sure they found everything they needed.
it is a place where it is productive but also a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
it is a place where there friendly hard working staff. it is a place where there is a lot of work and it is tiring but it is also a fun place to work. Marshals made sure that every employee had proper training and were always ready to help out
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
it is tiring working on the floor for hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 May 2018
It was a good place to work. I learned more about working with others and collaborating during the days before the store opened. We shared a lot with one another which helped us know each other better.
A fun and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
It has been a good place to start my career in canada. Ever since i moved here in 2017, this is my first job. I am only looking to switch as sufficient hours are not given to associates which usually forces people to leave and look for better opportunity. I did learn about canadian work culture and improved my communication and problem solving skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not a physically neat and clean store.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
No full time sales people, worker responsibilities can be a little vague and management can be unorganized or incomplete when discussing policy and training staff
Retail store nightmare
Associé aux ventes - entrepôt - caissier (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 April 2018
Depending on the store, your managers could either be the best, or the worst. Most of the time they overwork you for minimum wage, and only offer you up to 55 minutes of break time for an 8-10 hour shift.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
Le personnel est très sociable et celui-ci toujours prêt à aider lorsque le temps le permet. Il y a une ambiance chaleureuse.
Fun and Family like work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 April 2018
I really enjoyed working here, loved the people and the experiences as well as the great interactions with customers. I learned a lot from the company cashier systems, to merchandising/processing, to how to deal with unsatisfied customers. All in all i really liked working there and looked forward to each day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.

52K