Marshalls Employee Reviews

Co-op/Employee
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
I started as as a co-op student eventually getting hired as a employee, I have learned how to handle customers and work as a cashier. The hardest part would have to the the busy hours where many customers come in. The most enjoyable part was working with my coordinator as we got along really well. The workplace was really friendly and welcoming.
it is a place where it is productive but also a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
it is a place where there friendly hard working staff. it is a place where there is a lot of work and it is tiring but it is also a fun place to work. Marshals made sure that every employee had proper training and were always ready to help out
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
it is tiring working on the floor for hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 May 2018
It was a good place to work. I learned more about working with others and collaborating during the days before the store opened. We shared a lot with one another which helped us know each other better.
A fun and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
It has been a good place to start my career in canada. Ever since i moved here in 2017, this is my first job. I am only looking to switch as sufficient hours are not given to associates which usually forces people to leave and look for better opportunity. I did learn about canadian work culture and improved my communication and problem solving skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not a physically neat and clean store.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
No full time sales people, worker responsibilities can be a little vague and management can be unorganized or incomplete when discussing policy and training staff
Retail store nightmare
Associé aux ventes - entrepôt - caissier (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 April 2018
Depending on the store, your managers could either be the best, or the worst. Most of the time they overwork you for minimum wage, and only offer you up to 55 minutes of break time for an 8-10 hour shift.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
Le personnel est très sociable et celui-ci toujours prêt à aider lorsque le temps le permet. Il y a une ambiance chaleureuse.
Fun and Family like work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 April 2018
I really enjoyed working here, loved the people and the experiences as well as the great interactions with customers. I learned a lot from the company cashier systems, to merchandising/processing, to how to deal with unsatisfied customers. All in all i really liked working there and looked forward to each day!
co-op treatment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 April 2018
it was ok working there for 4 months as a co-op student but the on floor supervisor had a a lot of attitude and pushed me around a lot. very disrespectful.
Pros
there was a vending machine and donuts and coffee were brought in every morning
Cons
no wifi, no couches in break room, very crowded warehouse, the floors were dirty and dust bunnies collected a lot under the rolling peg walls.
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2018
Day work: Merchandising , customer service, cashier, warehouse job,fitting room.
Customer service is a priority of company.
Very nice management stuff.
Friendly team work atmosphere.
I love to work with customers.
Great place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 April 2018
Marshall's was a great store to work at. Employees were great as well as the management. Everyone was always very kind to one another which made it a great environment to work at. Taught me to be great on cash.
environnement stable
Conseillère en vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2018
le confort et la diversité des cultures est un atout
great knowledge with great peoples
Customer care service (Former Employee) –  south edmonton common23 March 2018
taking the every type of customer and respect to them and fulfil its requirement..team member doing fun with nice peoples.and improved team work and having joy
Environnement de travail productif
Conseiller la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 March 2018
Une journée de travail typique, serait de sortir des pièces de vêtements ainsi que des accessoires, les ''processer'' et poser les systèmes d'alarmes de l'entrepôt avant et afin de pouvoir les placer sur la surface de vente. Il y a des critères à respecter, lors du placement des morceaux. Tels que les prix, la marque, le matériel et plusieurs autres critères. J'ai appris à agrandir mes connaissances en ce qui en est de la vente, conseiller la clientèle lors d'un achat, Comment apprendre à utilisé une caisse et comment servir les clients pour les salles d'essayage. L'aspect le plus difficile en ce qui en est de travailler dans la vente est de savoir comment gérer son lieu de travail afin de pouvoir travailler dans un environnement sain. Ce n'est pas toujours évident d'avoir à sortir des vêtements de l'entrepôt, à placer les morceaux sur le plancher tout en sachant l'emplacement exacte des morceaux(lors d'une situation de rush), vider la salle d'essayage ainsi que le service et replacer les morceaux à terre. Mais à travers le temps on se développe une certaine technique de travail. L'aspect le plus agréable du poste est de pouvoir assembler des morceaux qui iront bien ensemble afin de permettre à la clientèle de pouvoir économiser du temps et choisir directement les combinaisons qui pourraient aller ensemble. Un autre aspect amusant du travail est de pouvoir conseiller les clients lorsqu'ils sont indécis en ce qui en est de certains morceaux.
Pros
Rabais aux associés
Cons
Pauses mal gérées
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 March 2018
Racist & Bossy management
Ignorant & Mean associates
Poor work place culture
Worst Customer service
Friendly environment .... What is that
No 1 would cooperate
Pros
Money for savings
Cons
Poor workplace culture
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2018
Hardest Part: hard to get wanted schedule and hours.
Most enjoyable part: fast paced, wage.
Restocking store, organizing, cleaning, putting out new items. Customer service
Pros
wage
Cons
hours
fun and educational workplace
sales associate (Former Employee) –  london ON11 March 2018
was a fun and friendly environment where everyone was able to work as a team to accomplish everyday tasks. I was able to learn how to interact int he public center in a forgiving environment.
Very stressful, lovely coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC9 March 2018
The managers were fairly unprofessional and hardly understood that I have a life outside of work. They put a lot of work onto associates at once and put us down if we didn't get it done fast enough
Some days were hard, and some were easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Working on sales floor got hard at times. However, due to friendly and cheerful staff, one does not feel too stressed out at the work place. Management would not interchange duties of cashier and sales associates to train each person all over.
A great place to get started
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 February 2018
I enjoy working here a lot and management and coworkers are easy to get along with. They're very understanding when it comes to students and availability.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
If you're primarily cash or fitting room, it's hard to branch out to positions on the floor