Marsh & McLennan Companies
Coronavirus update
Information from Marsh & McLennan Companies:

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
The global capacities of this organization made it a pleasure to engage with prospects/clients on their international business, offering collaboration opportunities with colleagues around the world.
When I first started it was an amazing company. Great management and good work life balance. Over the years the management changed and so did the culture. Now it’s like a lot of US companies, too much focus on the bottom line and no focus on people.
IT Management sucks but Business people I worked with are great.
Stressful place as people's jobs threatened daily. Poor decision making for application development leaves business unhappy with tools to do their job.
This is a well managed, compassionate and thoughtful employer as well as an Organization that truly cares about its clients
I would return to the Organization for any role available thau I would qualify for.
Too much politics. They don't allow you to be great. I will maybe work for them now that I am a professional broker. But will love to work in a different country
Excellent employer! I would recommend being part of this world leader to everyone, as I get the chance to develop and learn every day. I enjoy being part of MMC, as there is no micromanagement and work is very flexible.
i learnt a lot of things in terms of skills, knowledge and professional growth.i have a breath of software experience so i marsh i have a lot of data management ,data mining experience and excel vba, MS Access and outlook. Marsh have environment friendly atmosphere and good career growth.
Professional and great place to advance your career. Company was driven and fun place to work. Reputable company and with lots of training available to help employees excel their career.
a very balanced but fast paced work environment. lots of training was provided in order to achieve maximum results. the employees are fun to work with and also keep it very real and straight forward. very high turnover rate but due to management issues allows for this.
It is a company with an excellent work environment, continuous training, always concerned about their workers, work stability, a place full of great cordiality.
Multi-national company with an open workplace culture with room for growth for those willing to work hard, network and be patient. Great place to start a career.
Pros
Remote working option
Cons
Low margin industry
As a fire prevention specialist, I had the responsability to evaluate property insurance risk for the insurance brokers. We had to test all fire protection systems: sprinklers, fire pumps, hydrants....
Pros
Challenging position
Cons
Pros

Location is very feasible

Wide variety of large projects

Growing organization

Cons

Management is very strict and prefers micro managing

No work life balance as management expects you to work at least 10-11 hours every day

Working from home is not encouraged by the management

Work flow is very old school and management do no encourage new changes

Management do not acknowledge or appreciate despite working hard

Working atmosphere is very stressful and fearful

There is no process in place to provide feedback to its employees
good work/life balance
good management/relationships

company is very large- workflow needs improvement

few management positions, opportunity for some advancement
Overall my experience was good. I had the opportunity to be challenged and learned a lot.

Currently restructuring happening in the Corporate functions.
I enjoyed every bit of working with these great companies.
Gained lot of experience and worked with some wonderful people in the industry.
Great managers, ability to cross train and learn other jobs, co workers are the standard, some nice some not so nice. most enjoyable is being paid for statutory holidays, staff pot lucks. it takes a number of years before you're able to move up. the pay is just above minimum wage. However you know what they say its better to have bad pay and a great manager than good pay and a terrible manager.
Cons
Pay, benfits, advancement
great staff, great hours and work is not overwhelming. Working there as thought me how to balance my life and work, and has encouraged me to do my job to the best of my abilities
no job safety but a fun place to work at i had a great boss and there is a lot of positions to choose from however there is no full time opportunities
There are not enough future opportunities in Toronto office including all sister companies of MMC. hard working employees are laid off and employees with no dedication towards their job are given raise. Lot of office politics.
Pros
charity events
Cons
no furthur advancement in the company
One of the best companies to work for. Excellent people to work with, always willing to help for the ultimate goal.