Marsh & McLennan Agency Employee Reviews

No Advancement and Poor Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 January 2018
If you like to work the job of three people while getting paid for less than one, then this is the place for you. From the poor discernment shown by the management to the lack of career advancement (although they will sell you a pipe dream during the interview that you have “room to grow”) there really isn’t a good reason to work here. The structure is poorly set up and the producers who know NOTHING of insurance are praised as God’s while all the real work is placed on the unfortunate soul that becomes the assigned Account Executive.

The only benefit you really get is having your brokers license renewed for free and even then...it’s not even worth it.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, no career advancement
Nice place to work
Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at Marsh & McLennan - I only left to stay at home with a new baby. work/life balance was well respected. Pay was quite nice for the time
Poor Management
Senior Account Executive - Large Commercial Lines (Current Employee) –  New York, NY2 January 2018
MMA is not run like MMC. The culture is still an all boys club. They second guess your work. Management has a tendency to put you down. Producer are treated as kings.
Marsh & McLennan is a great company to work for.
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX16 November 2017
A corporate decision was made to close the San Antonio office down effective 12-31-17. We unfortunately were all laid off. I planned to retire with Marsh.
Productive, fun work evironment
Benefits Open Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 October 2017
Due to relocation, I had to leave Marsh & McLennan. It was however, one of my favorite places to work at. My boss was fabulous, I could come to her at any time with any questions or help. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.
No review
Advisor, Employee Benefits, Southwest Region (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX16 October 2017
No sure why I have to write a review on this company. I had a very specific role there and was unlike most jobs for this employer so what I say won't be for most.
Pros
A lot of free lunches
Cut throat
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC20 September 2017
Soliciting and closing sales... some support but for the wrong reasons...

Culture was to bleed every dime of commission no matter who it came from
Emerging Industry with stability and Growth Opportunity
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA13 September 2017
Great work environment with many opportunities for growth. Job stability with the company expansion in the health and wellness sector. Time management and ownership is key to succeed. Communication barriers throughout department may be challenging, until you establish relationships. Overall great place to work but compensation for promotions could be better.
Great enviromnet
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 August 2017
Company loves their people, tries to ensure they have a great work/life balance. Massages on site, bonuses, free food, team outings, professional development provided.
Mostly enjoy working @ Marsh
Employee Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 232302 August 2017
I like the flex hours and benefits, I receive 4 weeks vacation per year a long with 10 paid holidays. However; they tend to have special treatment for certain non productive employees that are very distracting.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Special treatment for negative employees
Management made the work enviroment fun
PLAN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI1 August 2017
Work environment could be stressful at various times of the year based on client needs. Training opportunities provided helping employees to keep up.
Pros
Many Wellness benefits and programs
A great company for those who wish to work in the insurance field. Top products.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH21 June 2017
What makes MMA great are the people. From the CEO down, they were always willing to help and were genuine. The industry itself can be cut throat and is not always designed for new producers to succeed.
Pros
Autonomy, good bosses
Cons
Going through a transition sometimes blurred communication
Extensive resources and expertise
Sales Executive/Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 June 2017
The Marsh name carriers alot of respect. When facing with clients, there is almost nothing we could not accomplish to provide value in some way. Growing and evolving agency.
Pros
Expertise
Cons
Transition
MMA Culture
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 May 2017
Growing evolving culture that was going through a bit of transition when I was there. Great account management and support people. Extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Lots of potential
Cons
Transition
Be prepared to overachieve
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS14 May 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering client interactions, marketing to various carriers, issuing certificates of insurance, or meeting with the Marketing Coordinator and/or producers to develop a strategic plan to maintain client retention. Management is available to their employees. This is a corporate workplace culture. The retention goals are higher than at other agencies. The hardest part of the job is juggling all of the high priority functions. At the end of the day, it is rewarding to know that I've helped clients.
Typical Insurance environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJ3 April 2017
A typical work day starts at 8:30 and ends around 4:30.
The workplace culture was overall a pleasant one but there were exceptions depending on who your manager was and department you worked in.
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Big agency that often doesn't feel like one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 March 2017
Typical agency faire (new business, renewals, etc.). Great sales team! I learned a lot about client relationships because I was allowed to be more engaged one-on-one. Senior Leadership makes concerted effort to provide a positive working environment. Unfortunately, there is a lot of cattiness amongst lower management and their teams, making it difficult not to get involved and focus on your primary responsibilities.
Pros
Great sales team that you can learn a lot from
Cons
Too much gossip/cattiness at lower levels makes day-to-day often very challenging.
great place all around
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX6 January 2017
Great place all around.
Great people. At least one free meal a week
trining could use some improvement for producers
lavish offices
not alot of turnover
raises every year based on performance.
Decent work environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 September 2016
On the average, in comparison with other corporate companies, this is a decent place to work, The work culture does it's best to promote a form of unity within the organization.
Good place to work if experienced
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA5 May 2016
Typical day consists of troubleshooting desktop application issues. Well planned projects. Most enjoyable part of my day is when someone is genuinely happy and thankful for the service received. Hardest part is when users are impatient.
Pros
Work autonomously
Cons
Limited IT training