Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Mars:

Mars Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Mars Food specifically have issues with management and inconsistent caliber of line managers . Some line managers can be good, but some are terrible. The overall culture is that the general manager only interacts with his direct reports, leaving the other employees with very little visibility and sense of real ownership of the business. There is no focus on talent development and feedback (this is an organization that does NOT use 360 feedback in its framework - in this day in age!). It's also disappointing to see so many line managers who has known managerial issues continue to strive in the organization despite feedback given. Clear indication that they don't really care about the associates.
Pros
competitive salary in industry
Cons
Office location is far, senior management doesn't REALLY care
J'ai apprécié de travailler avec l'équipe et le gestionnaire
My dream job. Working in a fast pace environment is so interesting as we do not feel bored or sleepy. Staff is cooperative and friendly. They need perfection in your work.
Je n'ai que du positif a dire de la compagnie mars. C'était au niveau de certains cadres ou patron direct que j'ai moins apprécié. Une personne avec un gros égo qui a du pouvoir n'est probablement pas la meilleure personne à ce poste. L'originalité de la culture Mars était extraordinaire, une culture marginale et dynamique y régnai. J'ai beaucoup apprécié!
A typical days work at Mars was packaging chocolate goods. I have learned that working at a fast pace is the best policy at Mars. The management at Mars is good. Workplace culture is at a all time high. The hardest part of the job is picking up chocolate goods. The most enjoyable part of the job is pay day.
I love my job. We had friendly environment. All the co-workers are very helpful. we worked as a team. I am a very good team player. Flexible hours which suits my needs
The principled based environment and the ability to learn and grow make Mars the best company Ive worked for so far.
The culture is based on the 5 principles and you live and work within them daily. Its not for everyone as the pace is fast but the associates working beside you are very talented and driven. Made many lasting friendships there
Such a friendly environment and feeling of family. Many opportunities to advance. The company treats there associates very well and is very good at acknowledging people who are doing well.
Great company to work for. Great atmosphere, and culture. Very relaxed environment, with casual attire. Lost of team building and fun activities throughout the year.
Horrible management, if you take pride in your work. Dont work here. If you wanna make money dont work here. If you wanna have a life outside of work dont work here. If you want lots of hrs dont work here. If you want unmaintained machines staff that is very unfair and unwilling to do the work that is assigned to them. Ive worked at 3 or 4 bad places in my time. This is by far the qorst place
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mars?
Mars incorporated provides each of its employees with so many growth opportunities that really allow you to learn and grow with the company. Great culture, fantastic benefits and even better people.
You work rotating shifts 2 days then 2 nights followed by 3 days off @ 12 hrs shifts. Pay is calculated at 40 hrs only. Benefits and retirement is ok. Onboarding is 2 weeks long all video training, then they throw you on the floor with no guidance. The workers dont care to train as they are too busy sleeping or on 2 hrs breaks, so your on your own to figure out stuff. Shift leads are never around, switch shifts or off. All management talks about is safety, #s for paper and records. They dont actually care about the employee, 3,6,9 month review can be done all in a month, but not actually about performance or development, just if your following plant safety.
A typical day at work would require packaging chocolate and lifting heavy objects. Also operating machinery such as conveyor belts. I learned the process of how a chocolate bar is made.
A good working environment
- You are able to enhance your team membership skills

- Being able to help customers feel confident is the best part of the job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Overall Freedom to grow and develop your business and personal objectives. A once Entrepreneurial spirit that is changing to tighter controls, increased systems and limited scope.
The job takes a lot of sitting down, but the Bolton (Canada Head Office) is newly renovated, open concept and dog-friendly. They have an indoor and outdoor dog park as well as a fully equipped gym, yoga and cardio classes and spacious change-rooms with showers, towels and lockers.
All Team Leads are fantastic with people, validating work and offering constructive feedback.

Plenty of opportunities to work from home in most office positions

The company expects VERY professional behavour

Tea and coffee machine is free for all associates
Pros
Intern ($22/hr) and factory pay ($30+/hr) is great
Cons
Summer student pay is $14/hr when they have the same qualifications as interns
Working for this company was a great experience and a lot of fun. I had a lot of pleasant and interesting iteractions with both the customers and great staff for the Pet store.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
The few quiet times with few customers made the time seem very long.
Wonderful company, great people, loads of opportunity for advancement, solid culture, loads of collaboration, team atmosphere, great place to learn and grow.
Over 10 years with Mars, excellent Company. Most enjoyable was the sales and interaction with customers, as well as Company sales meetings with colleagues.
I started working for Mars during a bad recession, I was in the construction industry and forced to find other work during this period. Mars gave me the opportunity to earn a comparable wage with lots of overtime. I was grateful and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
All you can eat.
Cons
I worked in the pet food division.
A lot of Overtime . Not enough family time. Office staff and warehouse /production / management dont see eye to eye and dont talk or listen to each other.
Pros
Perks and free stuff
Cons
To much work not enough family time