MARS DISCOVERY DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Stay away
Supervisor property admin (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
My department at Mars was the worst to work for. Toxic environment, dirty politics & too much negative energy at work place. Better to stay away from this company. No sense of respect for the effort you put in. I learned about the industry by working here but regret to work for this company. They suck on moral values.
Lacking in guidance.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
It seems like it may have just been my department but the sever lack of guidance/support from my manager along with the toxicity of some of my co-workers negative energy is too much. Other departments seemed much more supportive and enriching. But I am not in their fields of work so transferring isn't as much of an option.
Pros
Great benifits and holidays
A growing workplace that offered diversified services.
Manager, Financial Reporting - Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
The demands of the role required someone who could build effective processes for real estate holdings. Worked with management in resolving and implementing strategic solutions. Enjoyed the fast-paced environment.
Pros
Supportive team dynamics.
Cons
Management decision making took time.
Exposed to interesting programs that make meaningful differences in the world
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
The building hosts a variety of startups and has innovation as their main objective. Some companies that occupy MaRS include Airbnb, Facebook, Uber, and more. There are countless events that take place in the building due to the proximity to these companies as well as being a cornerstone in Toronto for innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. However, many of the employees that work there are quite new and there is always turnover due to the industry. I would highly recommend this place if you would like to start to work with entrepreneurs and see how the impacts that the various programs make are vital to growth in society.
Pros
Loads of free lunches (leftovers from events - always happens)
Cons
Long Hours
Innovative and Open Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2015
MaRS is a great place to work, particularly if you are a self-starter. I learned pretty quickly to determine what opportunities in the company were aligned with my skills and needs and I always received the support of management in pursuing them. In general, my colleagues are respectful, open-minded and quite brilliant. Most people at MaRS are quite open to connecting regardless of level so there is enormous opportunity to learn from people at all levels of the organization.