Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews

Canada818 reviews

Found 818 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,105 reviews

The Wonderful experience at Marriott international

Simply Marriott's means Love and Life. An option where the world is sidelined to the other, The Marriott's are in favor of me. Job has clean and clear definition with The Marriott.Have a good time on Earth with Delta Fredericton, The Marriott's. Take my Love!

Pros

Always

Cons

Always

You will not be treated well

Awful workplace culture. So much effort put into giving the appearance of a caring, inclusive workplace that treats employees like family, but in reality the senior management are in it only for themselves. If you are not working for their own personal gain, you are not a "team player".

Insights into Marriott International

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Internationally recognized organization

Internationally recognized company where you get to help people with their travel and trips. Very fast-paced work environment, with the ability to work from home for some roles. This would be a great place to start a career in the customer service or travel industry.

Good coworkers but expect long hours

Hotels are typically low pay and long hours.You work there either because you are addicted to travel perks or you love the industry.High volume, stress, and doing more than one person's job is standard.Marriott is probably the best of the worst but they are US based and love to micromanage.They are a huge company and keep buying out their competitors. Many of the perks these other brands had were not kept or things like bonuses were so much smaller. When you are the biggest, it's all about the dollar. There's a noticeable difference working for a US based company than a CAD based company.Loved getting cheap hotels to travel but ultimately the 12 hour days (when I only got paid for 8 hrs) was not worth not having a life and got out of the industry.If you want to be in hotels, start here. You will get good training and Marriott does attract good people. Met a lot of my good friends from work.

Stressful

Company is good, benefits are good, but you do not get paid enough to be yelled at by people on the phone for your entire shift. The training is not adequate to prepare you for the harsh reality

It’s a job

Seems like those that advance are someone management knows. It’s hard to move up. Pay is good but it’s way too busy which can be stressful because you never get a break.The special things they do for appreciation is a hotdog, bottle of water and a snack size chips. It use to be more about the associates but now it’s about taking a lot of calls so Marriott is taking care of. We don’t matter as much. We are burning out but it’s okay.

Pros

Good pay and great benefits

Cons

Too busy, mental stress, having to use sick days to get a break away from mental stress

Exciting workplace at times but management can be hard to work with

Work place was fun considering it is located downtown and most of the staff there want to help you if you have any questions. Management however does not care about their employees and there is no room for growth. Dead end job but fun if you need to do it for a couple of months/years.

Huge shid show

This hotel was wildly unorganized and just a complete circus but nobody cared as long as your job got done. They hired an assistant manager externally rather than promoting a loyal employee of several years if not more. It wasn’t me nor would I want to manage, so it’s not a personal issue, still doesn’t sit right with me. If you confide in your manager about struggling with mental health concerns such as panic attacks interfering with your work, you’ll get told you’re “difficult to work with”. Cool lol.

Pros

Free soup for lunch

Cons

Disorganized, apathetic management, stressful

Productive and fun place to work

Very nice place to work, the staff is friendly, space to grow your hospitality journey, many things to learn, best customer service, good entry level pay

Good training

very fast paced inound calls, tech support is great for issues with equipment. managers re stretched thin and their managers are even busier. working form home was great

Enjoyable employee employer relationships

Nice to work with associates AND THE COMPANY. Adequate and consistent reports in accordance with accounting principle. Top notch Guest relationship and employee with fully understanding & well communication skills

Over worked

You will work very long days with forced over time. Delta Grand Okanagan Management do not seem to have any experience. Management keeps changing the structure of positions and can not stick to the plans. No consistency and follow through.

Not enough pay for the stress you will go through to make a big corporation money.

Save your body. The Marriott in Niagara Falls is not a Marriott. No brand what so ever. Students for cleaners that don't even clean. They just hire them because they only pay half their wage. It is run very cheap for how much they charge people to stay there. The food isn't even fresh.

Good place for internship

I had my internship and part-time with Marriott for about 2 years. A really good vibe among coworkers. Everyone I met was helpful and passionate about their jobs.

Professional Work Environment

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone when this industry starts up and really moving once again. Good management that I dealt with in my short time here (Hired just before the Pandemic hit). All the staff I met had worked there for a years, so I'd say it seemed everyone was happy working there from my experience.

Pros

Staff cafeteria/ Proper breaks

Cons

The Banquet uniforms were not flattering for anyone wearing them

Good group of people, team work

I was working in housekeeping. I typical day is cleaning on average 6 rooms. Start my day loading up my cart with supplies. Cannot load cart day before since employees steal your stuff and don’t replace it. I had a David’s tea then ace stolen from my cart, very disappointing. Vacuum l my designated floor in front of elevators and dust whilst waiting for guests to checkout out. Start cleaning the rooms. I learned a lot about cleaning. Management very nice. Workplace culture positive. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish your rooms on time. Most enjoyable was the teamwork.

Pros

Free parking.

Cons

Pay not great.

Productive and fun workplace. Staff is very friendly and helpful

Productive and fun place to work, management is very helpful and don’t make you feel stupid whe you are new. There is always smiles on peoples faces and fun things going on. Lots of room for advancement

I now hate a job I once loved and my mental health has suffered severely.

More times then not I was forced to skip my lunch to not fall behind. Their time management is horrible and I was forced to stay late many times. I often felt like my work was not valued and it made me discouraged. My mental health suffered severely while working there and it has made me hate housekeeping which I genuinely enjoyed previously.

Pros

Decent pay, lunch provided

Cons

Horrible management, improper training, rude supervisors, horrible time management (often had to skip lunch and breaks to not fall behind)

Poor management

Interview is easy but they do not give you enough hours. And keep pressuring you to work fast. Like if you are scheduled for 8 hours they will ask you to leave early

Nice Place to work

It was a good place to work and start your career. Staff, supervisors, and managers are all great. You had to do some projects that could take a day in your weekend.

Pros

free refreshments, great onboarding, good support from management

Cons

pay average at best, expected to do things far outside your job scope

Great workplace to learn in a huge company

I like working here and learning and being surround by talent and many different chefs. Pay is great and work is fair. Sometimes it’s busy and sometimes it’s not so you go with the flow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement