Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very Customer Oriented.
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Taking care of guest needs and concerns in relation to HVAC, pool operations and room electronics, room readiness. Everyday was a look forward to going to work day.
Pros
Great team to work for.
Cons
none come to mind.
my manager was my best friend
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
it was amazing working with janitor hotels the most good things is the manager was my best friend he was always good man i was his closest though he was a good friend to all of us i cant forget that beautiful days easily
n/a
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
Solid management,great staff. Most work well together as a unit.Management regularly backs staff in in their decisions made by themselves when dealing with clients
Not your typical Hotel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2017
Everyday was pretty much the same routine, checking guests in and out of hotel, answering switchboard and forwarding calls, taking reservations, payments, daily cash reconciliations, correcting any errors in pricing and guest information. Hardest part of job was dealing with irate guests from previous shifts who did not have their needs taken care of and most enjoyable was having happy guests leaving at the end of their stay.
exciting new and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON3 August 2017
Starwood was a great place to work as well, my coworkers were very friendly and a lot of us became friends. Starwood always had some new and fun surprise for there staff be it in the form of contest or visitors
Great people, terrible job
SPG associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 August 2017
Lots of expectations from supervisors who haven't even done the job. They never had to reach the same requirements yet get advancement for knowing or being related to someone. Coworkers were the biggest pro about the work place. The actual job itself wasn't enjoyable, being told we had to pretend to be at the hotel so the guest would "believe" us then get yelled at by the guest because we lie. So many loopholes and not very structured. Worked here for a year and became severely depressed. Everyone I know that works here wants to quit.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free lunches(sometimes)
Cons
High expectations, back to back calls, blamed for not trying hard enough
Great Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
It's a good place to work, however there is an extreme amount of pressure and stress there. The hours are guaranteed 40 hours a week and the benefits are great.
Pros
Benefits, Wage, Solid Hours
Cons
Stressful Environment
Easy to learn job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Eventhough it was a tough and hard job I can still manage to make the rooms good for people. The hotel itself is good and nice. But some employees are disrespectful sometimes
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
tough job
Productive and willing to learn
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Kuwait23 July 2017
I have a good experience in my present work.,more learning and knowledge that i get to make it treasured for the future.

And in thise company I learned a lot.,to communicate in different languages and most of all we have a team to make our work worth it everyday.
Pros
Free lounce
Cons
Duty hour
Sheraton Wall Center
Management Trainee in Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2017
I was a student as a management trainee to work in Sheraton. It was my first time to work in a hotel, also, it was my first time to work in housekeeping department. I have learned a lot of things which I couldn't learn from the school.
Productive and fun workplace.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
The Ritz-Carlton- Toronto is a productive workplace. Professional and friendly colleagues to work with. Fair treatment by the management to its employees.
Good benefits but little advancement
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
There are good and bad factors for this job. While they have paid training with guaranteed full time hours and the opportunity for overtime, there is also much less opportunity for advancement than they make it seem. There is flexibility in scheduling as well which is nice, with the possibility for day or evening shifts, and the chance to take unpaid time off without using sick or vacation days. The job itself is fairly monotonous, and dealing with customers all day can be a little exhausting, especially if you get a lot of angry guests in a day.
Pros
Overtime opportunity, benefits
Cons
Advancement is very slow, monotonous tasks
Learning
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 July 2017
Night auditor: Required to perform the typical front desk functions during the graveyard shift.
These functions include check-in, check-out, reservations, responding to guest complaints.
Making sure the Audit reports like daily transcations reports balance.
Pros
learning how the industry works
No advancement opportunities
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
No advancement opportunities and poor middle-management. Poor recognition and ability to balance work/life due to inability of managers' to make proper schedules.
Good Company, but sometimes a little slow
Switchboard Operator and Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 June 2017
There was a high turnover rate. For those who stayed for some time, they were rewarded. For myself, this was an easy job that showed opportunity for advancement, but I was not interested. I was layed off because the business was too slow.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Could be a little too slow
front desk/senior night auditor
Front Desk Agent / Senior Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 June 2017
great people great owner and management..
great benefits provide awesome training and everything seem in line with the company mission and vision... will work to this company again if i got the chance
Pros
great training
Cons
nothing
Dynamic workplace that strives to accommodate employees needs
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 June 2017
The Westin is a great place to work if you're looking for fun, friendly, and accommodating employers who strive to meet your needs. The staff at The Westin really try to reward their employees and keep them happy.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules, friendly staff, great salary
Cons
Disorganized, long hours
flexible and stimulating work envirnonemt
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 June 2017
a flexible work place for anyone, flexible work hours. A great place to build on customer service skills and take control of your own growth and learn to work independently.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 June 2017
I would recommend any one looking to start out somewhere it would be try the Sheraton. You have the opportunity to move within the hotel and try different departments. I have worked in both bars for 5 years. I started off as door security and moved to server then coat check, Now I work in the kitchen. I have also helped with events with bartending.
Pros
co workers are friendly and the managers are great
Cons
work weekends and late nights
Very good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 June 2017
Had an incredible time working Co-Op at Sheraton Parkway. All the chefs were very kind and understanding and eager to teach the ways of the trade. Would work there if presented with options to again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K