Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Top End Hotel in Ottawa, Canada
11 Colonel By Drive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2018
I experienced rapid career growth and advancement in all aspects of this 5 star hotel's operation both in the front as well as the back of the house duties.
Pros
Growth and Advancement
Cons
Demanding long hours
Don't work here
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
They will overwork you if you give them the chance. It is not uncommon that they have people working 6 or more days straight. That being said, you won't get any over time, they structure your hours so you could work 8 days straight, and not receive any over time.
They are willing to cross train people in different departments. That being said if you have received a raise or 2 in one department, when you start working in a different department, your raises are void and you will start at the starting wage of the position you are working in. So if you are working $16 as a houseman, if you are getting cross trained as a bellman, your wage when working a bellman shift will be $14.50. They also don't mention that to you unless you bring it up.
There are many more problems with this company and the way they treat their employees.
Cons
Overworked, little room for advancement, will screw you over if possible
Advancement
CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
Everyday is a new day. There's never a dull moment working in one of the most fast paced, versatile, multicultural, learning facilities under a great management. If you are a passionate and hard working individual who puts your heart in what you love to do, every company you land in becomes your home, your family.
Pros
year end staff party, summer picnic, christmas party
Dining room waiter (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 March 2018
Great benefits on hotel deals and restaurants
Great company
Nice working environment
Get to meet people from all over the world
international brand
would work for them again
Very great opportunity
MI CAS A BY CHEF JOSE ANDRÉS (Former Employee) –  Dorado26 February 2018
I love this company, it was my dream job. They give me lay off because the close the hotel because of the hurricane.

I learn a lot about how HR worked and what real proffesionalism is.
Good work environment
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
Working at the westin was always a good time. It's hard work banquets but working with a good team that has good leadership makes all the difference. Would this job also allows for pleanty of movement within the company.
Pros
union
Cons
late nights
Productive and healthy for social well being
Assistant Manager housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
The environment and this type of job is very healthy because of the type of formal dress code. Going to work and seeing others in the way they are dressed is a healthy part of one's social life. Communication is also the good thing in this field
The layout of the department heads adds to the structure of the working environment. It is a psychological milestone that clearly has been improved upon over time and history.
Keeping focused on this a good part of being a good worker.
Pros
Seeing famous people
Cons
Compitition
Productive, resolve problems and good job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
- The typical day at work is always do the best I can do to provide the best service for my clients.
- Every day I learn more and more with my coo-works, and clients.
- Be a manager is take care about all of responsibility, and make the
work environment good for all.
- Analyze, and activate the company culture for organizational success.
- When we have all schedule of the day organized and make it works we do not have hardest part of the job.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is see that every things going okay and not just me, but coo-works and clients is are happy.
Experience at Sheraton
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sheraton on the Falls, ON13 February 2018
I worked at Sheraton on the Falls for 4 months during the 2017 summer months for my college co-op. I don't know where to begin with the review, except I would never go back to Sheraton on the Falls. Next to no job security, agents often discussed the likelihood of one of us being fired/laid off. Supervisors doing managers jobs, Front Desk agents doing supervisory jobs. I'm looking for a job where I feel appreciated and involved, with a goal that everyone can get behind and appreciate
Pros
Upsell bonuses
Cons
Job security
Only the finest services offered to all ladies and gentlemen
Cook 4 (Former Employee) –  Avon, CO6 February 2018
Our supervisors do line-ups to all the kitchen staff for the reservations we have every day. One of the most fun placed I've work since I encounter people with different nationality. And there are fun activities offered in our hotel that we can avail on our rest day.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner

Want to know more about Marriott International, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great Work Environment
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON4 February 2018
My peer were very supportive when I started out helping me and teaching me the ways of the workplace. Allowing me to ease into the job and become a useful part of the team
Pros
Subway Lunch
Cons
Standing for long hours
Cheap much?
Esthetician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
Are you people that cheap and unreasonable that you want one person to do multiple types of jobs for one salary? Really?... esthetician/receptionist/maid/sales associate . My goodness.
leant many new skills
FIG SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  sheraton manitoba18 January 2018
loved working in solitude in the bush working so close to nature i walked out of contract work when completed very satisfied an will venture to that kind of work experience if opportunity arises again
Good Workspace
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 January 2018
I never worked here but I have history working at Four Points most of the people were rude but gave me good compensation. I enjoyed the luxury the hotel gives and will love to go back for that reason.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Employers
productive day and fun place to work.
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2017
Very busy on days that Banquets are going on. Learned on how to order chemicals and how things work in the Banquets area, like plating and sorting the proper way of dishes
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long Hours
Star wood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 December 2017
It’s a good work place friendly people they provide lunch and good trainging easy to get used to the hours don’t change the trainers up on the floor make sure you are always helped when you first get up there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
Great leadership
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2017
I like the leadership in Sheraton hotel. Managers are great, and they always make small conversation with you, and ask how you doing, even you as a co-op student. Great people to work with, most of them are genuine hard- working people. Great place to work at!
I dont recommend to apply for this company
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 December 2017
The HR Manager will hire you as a full time but after the one week training thats the start of your on call schedule based on the hotel occupancy.And after your probationary period if the management dont like you they will terminate your contract without a valid reason.
Pros
Cons
They will use you when they need you
westin hotel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
I would lime to gain more work expérience in the Marriott hotel relaetd to Great Customer service as i Am intéresser to work there.
Tanks for taking it
Great, challenging place to work for
Food and Beverage Trainee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL9 December 2017
the Riz is very good place to work for and grow in the hospitality industry. i learnt a lot in this company, i became more proffessional than i was. It is such amazing the training is very good. Unfortunately some employees never like working as a team in which i think its often good. It was more like each man for himself. the management is ok and more strict when it comes to the company policies. the hardest part for this job is the hours which are too long.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K