Marriott International, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

four points
HouseKeeper (Former Employee) –  5505 Airport Way, Kelowna, BC V1V 3C310 August 2018
best job i ever had, as well as the easiest. sometimes it would be a little stressful because when cleaning rooms, you never know the severity of it until you're in said rooms, so time management is very important. with that being said, after you got the hang of it 9/10 you'd finish your list of rooms early and would get to go home if they didn't have anything else for you to do. which in itself is a blessing and a curse because leaving early reflects on your paycheque but you also get an early day. i left because of that reason, and also because i had lived on the other side of town and bussing isn't ideal.
Pros
beer tips, money tips, good benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
-with experience, the job becomes easy over time
-acquired exceptional customer service and time management skills
-great people, and amazing benefits
Very productive work place
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Ahamedabad21 June 2018
This was my first job after i finished my study and it was a good move for me.
I started to learn my work from scratch.
Wonderful collegues to work with.
Pros
Free food for staf in cafeteria
Cons
Not enough pay
pruductive and fun
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
I have fun and interesting job and the hotel because we meet
a different nationality
I have extra income everyday given by guest like tips or gratitude
we have discounted in every HOTEL
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hrs
Great team environment
Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Great place for learning and development for professional as well as interpersonal skills. Fantastic company with a huge portfolio of job opportunities and benefits.
Don't work here
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
They will overwork you if you give them the chance. It is not uncommon that they have people working 6 or more days straight. That being said, you won't get any over time, they structure your hours so you could work 8 days straight, and not receive any over time.
They are willing to cross train people in different departments. That being said if you have received a raise or 2 in one department, when you start working in a different department, your raises are void and you will start at the starting wage of the position you are working in. So if you are working $16 as a houseman, if you are getting cross trained as a bellman, your wage when working a bellman shift will be $14.50. They also don't mention that to you unless you bring it up.
There are many more problems with this company and the way they treat their employees.
Cons
Overworked, little room for advancement, will screw you over if possible
Dining room waiter (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 March 2018
Great benefits on hotel deals and restaurants
Great company
Nice working environment
Get to meet people from all over the world
international brand
would work for them again
Cheap much?
Esthetician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
Are you people that cheap and unreasonable that you want one person to do multiple types of jobs for one salary? Really?... esthetician/receptionist/maid/sales associate . My goodness.
Good Workspace
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 January 2018
I never worked here but I have history working at Four Points most of the people were rude but gave me good compensation. I enjoyed the luxury the hotel gives and will love to go back for that reason.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Employers
Star wood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 December 2017
It’s a good work place friendly people they provide lunch and good trainging easy to get used to the hours don’t change the trainers up on the floor make sure you are always helped when you first get up there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
Great, challenging place to work for
Food and Beverage Trainee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL9 December 2017
the Riz is very good place to work for and grow in the hospitality industry. i learnt a lot in this company, i became more proffessional than i was. It is such amazing the training is very good. Unfortunately some employees never like working as a team in which i think its often good. It was more like each man for himself. the management is ok and more strict when it comes to the company policies. the hardest part for this job is the hours which are too long.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
great coworkers, management so so
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON5 December 2017
great place to work to gain more knowledge about the industry. Gained a lot of useful experience here. Management could be better and there is sometimes workplace drama. Overall good place to gain knowledge if you are passionate about hospitality. Hours are not evenly spread out.
Pros
free meals, coworks, hours, no benefits are part time
Cons
long hours, uniforms, workplace style policy.
Good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2017
For the short time that I volunteered there, I'd say that it is a good place. The staff are very friendly and are close. The staff take good care of their customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can get very busy, especially during holidays
Positive workplace, fun coworkers and excellent benefits package
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 October 2017
I have worked at Marriott for 3 years as a housekeeper. The management is absolutely excellent in showing genuine care for their staff. I worked with a wonderful team.
Pros
free lunches, christmas party, low cost benefits package
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
Decent workplace for a kick start.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Nice workplace with nice employees. Growth is very slow for an employee. All in all a good place to enter into the industry. My experience with the company has been good and i enjoyed my time with them.
Cons
no increments and low wages
Great people, terrible job
SPG associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 August 2017
Lots of expectations from supervisors who haven't even done the job. They never had to reach the same requirements yet get advancement for knowing or being related to someone. Coworkers were the biggest pro about the work place. The actual job itself wasn't enjoyable, being told we had to pretend to be at the hotel so the guest would "believe" us then get yelled at by the guest because we lie. So many loopholes and not very structured. Worked here for a year and became severely depressed. Everyone I know that works here wants to quit.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free lunches(sometimes)
Cons
High expectations, back to back calls, blamed for not trying hard enough
Great Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
It's a good place to work, however there is an extreme amount of pressure and stress there. The hours are guaranteed 40 hours a week and the benefits are great.
Pros
Benefits, Wage, Solid Hours
Cons
Stressful Environment
Easy to learn job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Eventhough it was a tough and hard job I can still manage to make the rooms good for people. The hotel itself is good and nice. But some employees are disrespectful sometimes
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
tough job
Good benefits but little advancement
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
There are good and bad factors for this job. While they have paid training with guaranteed full time hours and the opportunity for overtime, there is also much less opportunity for advancement than they make it seem. There is flexibility in scheduling as well which is nice, with the possibility for day or evening shifts, and the chance to take unpaid time off without using sick or vacation days. The job itself is fairly monotonous, and dealing with customers all day can be a little exhausting, especially if you get a lot of angry guests in a day.
Pros
Overtime opportunity, benefits
Cons
Advancement is very slow, monotonous tasks
front desk/senior night auditor
Front Desk Agent / Senior Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 June 2017
great people great owner and management..
great benefits provide awesome training and everything seem in line with the company mission and vision... will work to this company again if i got the chance
Pros
great training
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.6K