Marriott International, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Great team environment
Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Great place for learning and development for professional as well as interpersonal skills. Fantastic company with a huge portfolio of job opportunities and benefits.
Don't work here
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
They will overwork you if you give them the chance. It is not uncommon that they have people working 6 or more days straight. That being said, you won't get any over time, they structure your hours so you could work 8 days straight, and not receive any over time.
They are willing to cross train people in different departments. That being said if you have received a raise or 2 in one department, when you start working in a different department, your raises are void and you will start at the starting wage of the position you are working in. So if you are working $16 as a houseman, if you are getting cross trained as a bellman, your wage when working a bellman shift will be $14.50. They also don't mention that to you unless you bring it up.
There are many more problems with this company and the way they treat their employees.
Cons
Overworked, little room for advancement, will screw you over if possible
Dining room waiter (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 March 2018
Great benefits on hotel deals and restaurants
Great company
Nice working environment
Get to meet people from all over the world
international brand
would work for them again
Cheap much?
Esthetician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
Are you people that cheap and unreasonable that you want one person to do multiple types of jobs for one salary? Really?... esthetician/receptionist/maid/sales associate . My goodness.
Good Workspace
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 January 2018
I never worked here but I have history working at Four Points most of the people were rude but gave me good compensation. I enjoyed the luxury the hotel gives and will love to go back for that reason.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Employers
Star wood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 December 2017
It’s a good work place friendly people they provide lunch and good trainging easy to get used to the hours don’t change the trainers up on the floor make sure you are always helped when you first get up there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
Great, challenging place to work for
Food and Beverage Trainee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL9 December 2017
the Riz is very good place to work for and grow in the hospitality industry. i learnt a lot in this company, i became more proffessional than i was. It is such amazing the training is very good. Unfortunately some employees never like working as a team in which i think its often good. It was more like each man for himself. the management is ok and more strict when it comes to the company policies. the hardest part for this job is the hours which are too long.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Pure trash, but a job is a job
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2017
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else.
There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day.
Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them.
At least there was no shortage of hours.

The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
Good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2017
For the short time that I volunteered there, I'd say that it is a good place. The staff are very friendly and are close. The staff take good care of their customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can get very busy, especially during holidays
Housekeeping is interesting
Housekeeper/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 October 2017
It was a good place to work as long as you got along with all the girls. but as far as any job with as many people working in the same department under the pressure required to maintain standard could be a bit much
Positive workplace, fun coworkers and excellent benefits package
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 October 2017
I have worked at Marriott for 3 years as a housekeeper. The management is absolutely excellent in showing genuine care for their staff. I worked with a wonderful team.
Pros
free lunches, christmas party, low cost benefits package
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
What to expect
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2017
At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.
Pros
Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.
Cons
Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management
Decent workplace for a kick start.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Nice workplace with nice employees. Growth is very slow for an employee. All in all a good place to enter into the industry. My experience with the company has been good and i enjoyed my time with them.
Cons
no increments and low wages
Great people, terrible job
SPG associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 August 2017
Lots of expectations from supervisors who haven't even done the job. They never had to reach the same requirements yet get advancement for knowing or being related to someone. Coworkers were the biggest pro about the work place. The actual job itself wasn't enjoyable, being told we had to pretend to be at the hotel so the guest would "believe" us then get yelled at by the guest because we lie. So many loopholes and not very structured. Worked here for a year and became severely depressed. Everyone I know that works here wants to quit.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free lunches(sometimes)
Cons
High expectations, back to back calls, blamed for not trying hard enough
Great Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
It's a good place to work, however there is an extreme amount of pressure and stress there. The hours are guaranteed 40 hours a week and the benefits are great.
Pros
Benefits, Wage, Solid Hours
Cons
Stressful Environment
Easy to learn job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Eventhough it was a tough and hard job I can still manage to make the rooms good for people. The hotel itself is good and nice. But some employees are disrespectful sometimes
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
tough job
Good benefits but little advancement
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
There are good and bad factors for this job. While they have paid training with guaranteed full time hours and the opportunity for overtime, there is also much less opportunity for advancement than they make it seem. There is flexibility in scheduling as well which is nice, with the possibility for day or evening shifts, and the chance to take unpaid time off without using sick or vacation days. The job itself is fairly monotonous, and dealing with customers all day can be a little exhausting, especially if you get a lot of angry guests in a day.
Pros
Overtime opportunity, benefits
Cons
Advancement is very slow, monotonous tasks
front desk/senior night auditor
Front Desk Agent / Senior Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 June 2017
great people great owner and management..
great benefits provide awesome training and everything seem in line with the company mission and vision... will work to this company again if i got the chance
Pros
great training
Cons
nothing
Dynamic workplace that strives to accommodate employees needs
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 June 2017
The Westin is a great place to work if you're looking for fun, friendly, and accommodating employers who strive to meet your needs. The staff at The Westin really try to reward their employees and keep them happy.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules, friendly staff, great salary
Cons
Disorganized, long hours
a fun place to work and good collegeaus
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Very nice place to work with staffs from all over walks of life's
and different cultures. A lot fun, smart people to work with,
good benefits with an excellent employees fitness centre.

Management are very friendly as well, and it should be
recommended if you are a person who likes to work with
people, customers and co workers alike.
Pros
can learn a lot new stuff daily, like new computer system ...etc
Cons
no free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K