Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 754 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,009 reviews

Enjoyable

Training, training and more training, it was a win win for all involved as if you treat your staff great then they will treat the company great and that’s a satisfying feeling all around

Pros

Great perks, hotels, meals, shirts, cash incentives

Cons

Hours weren’t always to accommodating but were made to work out in the long run

This is a terrible place to work

The management is terrible nobody is willing to help when you need it, you’re literally on your own. I feel like this is a good company but this is a terrible location where it’s impossible to succeed or advance. Things change constantly with no warning or support. Not even management can keep up with the changes. The customers are very angry and hard to deal with because they have been wronged by this company. Upper management pretends to care but nothing changes. I would recommend steering clear of my place Canada.

Pros

Absolutely nothing except the hotel discount

Cons

Everything about this opportunity is terrible

Pleasant place to work very professional

Bonjour, I enjoyed working at the A.C. Marriott Montreal , I worked as a waiter in the dinning room , great staff , I enjoyed the friendly guest , food was delicious great chef , very professional. I would love to work their again. Due to the Covid they closed all non essential hoping to be rehired when things come back to normal.

Pros

The food was fresh

Cons

Very repeative

Privilege culture

Overload of work that will be highly scrutinized. More often than not, you will be reprimanded for the pettiest of mistakes the more so if your ethnicity is of a certain type in which case you can expect continuous disciplinary actions and write ups.Surprisingly; managerial culture leans to taskmaster style. Management teams are not people with professional training (in hotel management or business) neither multilingual individuals. It can be very difficult to explain to them decisions made based on Accounting principles, or market segmentation. They're not just there neither they are open to listen or learn. Contributions on how to increase financial performance will be lousily shut down by mgmt, only to have them implemented a few month later as mgmt's own process re-engineering.The company expects employees to apologize and be subservient to rude and abusive customers; especially those that booked wrong dates, room type, number of guests, etc. Zero accountability for lazy people who will not contribute to the daily operation, pointing this out will automatically label you as a problematic individual and a non-team player.The hardest thing to learn and witness: ethnicity plays a big role in your performance review and advancement.The most enjoyable part: you meet nice colleagues and there is good camaraderie.

Pros

If you like to travel, employee discounts do make a difference, for good.

Cons

Ethnicity plays a big role in professional growth regardless of credentials

I enjoyed learning how to advance within the company and was easy once you follow the way things are don't, which you also get competitive rewards for work well done. As well the amazing discounts on hotels and other kinds of free promotional stuff is actually very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches and surprise goodies

Cons

Handlinfg escallated calls but can be turned into a pro whwn handled correctly

Marriott offered opportunities for advancement

My immediate supervisors were awesome! Opportunities for advancement. Enjoyed teaching incoming Customer Service Agents. I was able to gain extra computer and teaching experience. Great benefits.

Pros

Discounted hotel rates

Multicultural staff makes for warm-hearted discussions when the pace is slow. We really were there for each other when the pace was fast!

Show them that you are a world citizen with no prejudices. They will treat you the same. They supported me and gave me greater confidence in driving a wide variety of vehicles.

Pros

Tips

Cons

All in all a great brand to work with. They have franchised properties as well.

Its a great brand to work for. It has more that 7000 properties across the globe. But the thing with that is some are franchised properties and the management can differ from hotel to hotel. Some of them I worked for were great, others not the best. But, there's a lot of departments you can work in so, there's not a shortage of work other than because of covid.

Pros

Employee Discount, Brand Recognition

Cons

Different Management everywhere.

Productive & Fun

Exciting work environment, meeting new people everyday. Gaining knowledge and improving in customer service skills. The guests are always the best. The service expectation of delivering and putting out our best, only enhance your true inner ability.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

working weekends

Focus on Employees learning and growth

Manager's are quite helpful to help team members for their Individual growth. As a culture they promote cross training, in house web training etc.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Good experience

Super good experience, management perfect, workers always available for help, good benefits and salary. I really recommend because for me was awesome experience.

Pros

Salary, benefits, management

The best people ever to work for

Clean and honest place to work. Friendly and supportive everyone makes you feel like family. Miss everyone very much the pandemic has made many changes.

Pros

Great perks

Cons

Not enough hours

Productive and respecful

The hardest part of the job has to run to all floors to clean. A typical day at work is not that hard if you do not do it every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.

benefits

Cons

overtime

Great place to work, bad management

I didn't have the best experience there. The system they use is super old and it's easy to make mistakes (so old it's black screen like you are coding), the supervisors were usually rude to help you out or to help with a problem and they usually hire many people and only give them few hours.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

old system, bad management

fast paced stressful workplace

workplace was very stressful. teams did not work well together. thre management team seemed very insecure and did not work well together. the place is micro-managed and very stressful to the workers. Watched like a Hawk and worked on "pins and needles". There are some good people who work there that cannot show their true selves because of the work atmosphere. I know business is business bit it can't always be about the all mighty dollar. I think it could be a wonderful place to work if the management and the executives would relax and think about the workers a bit more than the money.

Pros

benefits and cheap rooms for staff when travelling aroud the world

Cons

micro-managed

Nice building

To difficult for a shuttle driver to do a laundry help, janitorial and gardener as per housekeeping manager told us everything are and ahould do by the shuttle driver and the salaray is minimum.

Pros

Free lunch from left over from the customer

Cons

To much drama

Très bien

Très belle expérience mais être en forme !belle famille et être sur d’aimer travailler dans ce domaine

Cons

Courte pause

Amazing but super fast paced place to work

Marriott is an amazing company to work for. Like With any place it has its ups and downs but at the end of the day the people, the place, it makes it worth it .

Pros

Benefit at over 100 different locations throughout the city

Cons

Long hrs, difficult balance home/work life during baseball season

Awesome company

Can’t say enough about the community and culture that Marriott creates and fosters. Fantastic company to work for, opportunities are everywhere! Highly recommend.

Great atmosphere

Loved the Management and staff. All of my peers were very helpful. They look after you very well and make sure that you are an essential part of the team,The human resources department are very accomidating.

it was a good experience. Unfortunately because of covid we are all in chomage. The hotel has low and high seasons which is hard if you want to have a stable income.

Pros

Free food, union contract

Cons

long hours standing

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Marriott International, Inc. with

• Marriott International, Inc.