Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Clean and honest place to work. Friendly and supportive everyone makes you feel like family. Miss everyone very much the pandemic has made many changes.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Not enough hours
The hardest part of the job has to run to all floors to clean. A typical day at work is not that hard if you do not do it every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.
benefits
Cons
overtime
I didn't have the best experience there. The system they use is super old and it's easy to make mistakes (so old it's black screen like you are coding), the supervisors were usually rude to help you out or to help with a problem and they usually hire many people and only give them few hours.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
old system, bad management
workplace was very stressful. teams did not work well together. thre management team seemed very insecure and did not work well together. the place is micro-managed and very stressful to the workers. Watched like a Hawk and worked on "pins and needles". There are some good people who work there that cannot show their true selves because of the work atmosphere. I know business is business bit it can't always be about the all mighty dollar. I think it could be a wonderful place to work if the management and the executives would relax and think about the workers a bit more than the money.
Pros
benefits and cheap rooms for staff when travelling aroud the world
Cons
micro-managed
To difficult for a shuttle driver to do a laundry help, janitorial and gardener as per housekeeping manager told us everything are and ahould do by the shuttle driver and the salaray is minimum.
Pros
Free lunch from left over from the customer
Cons
To much drama
Très belle expérience mais être en forme !belle famille et être sur d’aimer travailler dans ce domaine
Cons
Courte pause
Marriott is an amazing company to work for. Like With any place it has its ups and downs but at the end of the day the people, the place, it makes it worth it .
Pros
Benefit at over 100 different locations throughout the city
Cons
Long hrs, difficult balance home/work life during baseball season
Can’t say enough about the community and culture that Marriott creates and fosters. Fantastic company to work for, opportunities are everywhere! Highly recommend.
Loved the Management and staff. All of my peers were very helpful. They look after you very well and make sure that you are an essential part of the team,The human resources department are very accomidating.
it was a good experience. Unfortunately because of covid we are all in chomage. The hotel has low and high seasons which is hard if you want to have a stable income.
Pros
Free food, union contract
Cons
long hours standing
The hours are all regular, the same shift everyday. And if you finish early, you are encouraged to help others who are not done their rooms. This helps everyone to work like a team. Workplace culture was really good.
Pros
Schedule is pretty regular, tips sometimes
Marriott group is so respectful and they have the ways to respect their team , they have an excellent objectives to develop their team members and prepared them for future opportunities
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Typical day involves dealing with customers needing assistance with booking reservations, modifying current reservations, providing answers, dealing with complaints. Management is very supportive, respond to requests for additional training, resolving schedule conflicts, providing guidance for improvement. Technology issues can be very frustrating. Satisfaction and bonuses for doing the best to help customers is very rewarding.
Pros
Working from home, no travel expenses.
Cons
Social isolation.
Working with the Executive chef Mueller and GeneralManager Ray Raymond at Delta Beaousejour these two persons are such and a..le, there is not good management and everyone literally have to lick Ray foot, the kitchen tols and equipment at this hotel everything is so old. Never recommend working or staying at this hotel
Cons
Never having a break
Great place to work . Only drawback is parking you can pay upto $30 a day if in season of $8 for non season. Management Salary Is low too . That’s the 2 reason I had to resign .
Pros
Free food, benefits, laundry
Cons
Late nights, expensive parking, low management salaries
!x par semaine on se rejoint par équipe pour revoir nos objectifs de chaque section, on parle de nos difficultés et de se qui devrait être améliorer. Il y a aussi des prix a gagner pour ceux qui arrivent en premier a accomplir les défis et augmenter la fidélité de nos invités.
Pros
Rabais dans les hotels de la chaine marriott partout dans le monde.
Cons
si ta personnalité ne s'adapte pas a eux, ils te le feront savoir!
I enjoyed working there. All the great friendships that were made and all the amazing colleagues I had the pleasure of working with. The atmosphere was amazing I enjoyed the team I was on while working there for close to 5 years
Promoted quickly and had several salary increases within a year. Enjoyed talking to the customers and members and some co-workers and managers were very nice to work with.
Pros
Great benefits and lots of training/coaching to get better.
Cons
Being "on" for long periods of time can be exhausting.
The Marriott is a beautiful and pleasant place to work, although competitive at times, The personnel is friendly, courteous and eager to help. It’s never the same routine, every day is different. The schedules are not fixed therefore we’re able to balance our work with our other obligations. Openings are regularly posted therefore we have the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours, salary increases, benefits, friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes long days
I love everything. I don't have any complaints. Management were very understanding and accommodating.I enjoyed all my time in all the Marriott properties I work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A fun learning Company, that treats the employees very well. Alot of the work is now remote, so that is a bonus as you work from home. The Managers are a very professional and friendly team.The great customer service I give to the Hotels as well to the guests, makes me feel very proud to work for Marriott International. I thoroughly enjoy my job.
Pros
Explore Rate, highly discounted travel rate