Marriott International, Inc.
Updates from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada707 reviews
Friendly and fast paced
Christmas season. Busy and of course be on top of it. Friendly staff. They are well put together and organized to the best they can. Culture was great. Management was on top of it with emails and letting us know when shifts are available.
Nice place to work
Nice place and good benefits. Fast paced and competitive environment. Excellent business ethics. Friendly work colleagues and decent compensation. Long work hours though
Management was a disaster
The job itself was fine but the manager (who is no longer there) was a nightmare. She would steal tips and issue out write ups for things that made no sense (like doing your a task too early or calling out drinks "too loudly").
Friendly, customer focused work environment
Atmosphere varies by department and pay structure.
Environment is generally fun and collaborative, however there is professional competition.

Working hours vary by pay structure. As with any company, salaried associates work longer hours than hourly

Management is supportive

All departments come in contact with guests, high focus on customer service
Excellent
Calgary's largest four-diamond property with 525 guest rooms and 26,000 square feet of event space to plan your meeting in style and to rest after a successful day
good place to work good environment
I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for less than a year

Great team - so supportive even when working remote Great benefits and pay Not a stressful job considering being a counselor
Good COmpany
Good culture, support and best training experience. Ensured work life balance, and supported external and internal trainings. Staff benefits are also good
Knowledge and Work
It has been a great experience to work at Marriott as I work at Marriott on The Falls Hotel. The working environment is very good. The staff is very responsible and help each other. It is a very good experience to work with Marriott International.
Good company
I like working for Marriott it was a good company they treated us well I always felt like I matter and I recommend to anyone they are great plenty of chances to move up
Productive workspace with staf cafeteria and colleagues will assist if you are new..
The Marriott has provided a great part-time job for the past two years as a part-time banquets server. Each department has their own set of managers and job descriptions which allow a focused and productive workspace that can be lax at times but can also be very demanding. Excellent payoff for hard work, otherwise if doing less than what is required the shift can become very long. Hours vary so must be flexible by providing 3 open days of availability at least.

Some workers (%20-%30) take advantage when working independently so do not be surprised if you are working an event and notice someone slacking when managers are not present.

The company treats banquets servers well with a gratuity on top of regular pay split between employees within that workweek. There is also an online resources for shift trading and professional communication with colleagues. Staff are friendly and some staff are favorites and are long term employees which can be noticeable with requests off and so forth.

Marriott also provides most Uniform tops but pants and shoes are usually purchased by employees.
Opportunity for internal development!
A great company to work for! Lots of opportunity for growth and development. Supportive team and leadership. System driven. Very positively transparent company.
experience
you met many people from all aspects of life, management were amazing and so where the other employees, it was fast paced and stressful at times but a laid back job
Excellent place to work
Marriott Inc is a great place to work. Always lots of projects on the go. Projects tend to have quick turnaround times. Flexible shifts and great benefits.
Pros
Work from home, flexible shifts, benefits.
Cons
Occasionally need to work longer to meet project timelines.
All reward for loyal guests and no reward for loyal employees
This company was very disheartening to work for. I am a person who only knows how to go above and beyond everyday. This will go unrecognized and unrewarded by upper management.

My immediate managers on duty were excellent however they were not treated well either. I watched 2 managers I consider friends develop anxiety attacks and mental health issues while I was there.

The HR director as mentioned in a review below, is in fact very difficult to work with. A HR department is supposed to take issues in the work place and work together with the parties to find a solution. This HR department caused more problems than I saw it solve. I ended up bypassing the department all together and speaking directly yo the hotel manager. It wasn't worth the consequences causes by their departments incompetence.

I worked 6 months over the summer and I worked 6-8 days straight when they were understaffed. They then over hired for the winter and cut my shifts to 4 days a week. They deduct ski pass payments and an increased winter rent from that too. I walked away with 300-400 a fortnight after tax. Not to mention they had myself and my fellow senior agents train these new staff members who'd take our hours. They did not ask if I was comfortable training or offer any pay rise for my extra responsibilities.

If they had treated me better I'd have stayed and applied for permanent residency but the idea of being locked into them for even a season longer...Not even permanent residency is worth that
Productive, Focused, and Fun work environment with the possibility of working outside during summer.
A typical day includes opening activities that usually last an hour, serving every guest with exceptional service during meal periods with the customers receiving everything they've requested. Prompt payment is taken and clientele must be invited back. During down time, various duties are to be completed such as polishing cutlery and glassware, sanitizing surfaces and busing tables. End of shift duties to close take approximately 45 minutes, which ensures success for morning crews. The hardest part of the job is learning to put customer needs as priority above all else. This includes when customers are unhappy and taking nearly any measures as means of service recovery. The best part of the job is the bonds created working so closely with other members of staff, from those you interact with during your daily duties, to the members of housekeeping and front desk whom you acquire intense respect for and dependencies upon their services.
Pros
$5 dollar meals that are directly deducted from pay
Cons
Inconsistent levels of business thus hours per week of work available
great place to work and learn
A very good and professional learning environment, the management supports you in your growth and empowers their associates as they go the extra mile to win their guests and make their guest experiences memorable. Relocation worldwide is a great benefit.
Hard work
Working as a banquet server is hard work. The management dont really treat team members in the best way at all times. They expect alot for what the wage and return benefit to the employee is. Overall team was amazing. Fun work environment. Staff cafeteria is worst food ever.
benefits and pay
it's a good place to work. Good pay and benefits. Hours are flexible and can enjoy lots of family time. Being able to enjoy the hotels around the world as an employee is an added bonus!
Fun and very professional workplace
Excellent work benefits
Great employees/staff/managers

Room for growth

Awesome staff perks

Guests would leave happy

They give you top notch training, top notch support. You can always con to work knowing you will have the tools needed to be successful. Only downer was the balance between work life and personal life.
Good Work Life Balance
I worked as a contractor via ITC Infotech. Great work-life balance - however, there is no job security for the contractors. Contractors can get laid off at any point.
Ability to work with people from all backgrounds, diverse and fun place to work.
Ability to meet people from all cultures and different backgrounds. I learnt a lot and developed my inter-personal skills greatly. Thank you for the opportunity to work at your company Marriott.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.7K