Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Forget about your life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 April 2018
Absolutely the worst place I've ever worked. 18-20 rooms a day, sometimes more. You get days off but they call for OT all the time. Once you're done your rooms you have to help the same slow people every day. Management/supervisors don't care and are RUDE. Pay is not even close to being enough for the work you do. Don't bother working here, you'll regret it!
Cons
Good place to work except for the owner sucks.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 April 2018
Great company to work for, except for the owner of the Hotel is cheap and the hotel is falling apart.
Marriott Hotel Inc. should wake up before the hotel is a slum hotel.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
The owner is a slum Lord
Worst job ever
Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON9 April 2018
You take upwards of 100 calls a day back to back with no break in between to even swallow. People are people so you get what you get. You are marked on your calls by metrics and you better get them or you are out. Supervisors are brutal they got to where they are before Marriott took over and they do nothing but brown nose hoping they will get further ahead. There are no advancements. You get 7 minutes a day of "personal" time to catch your breath between calls or go to the bathroom. This job doesn't care about you at all, they only want you to make sales and get off the phone to take the other 99 waiting for you. This is a last resort job.
Starwood was great - Marriott not so much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
VP of Sales and whole organization did not listen to anything Starwood did right - only followed Marriott's old ways. All about money! No heart. No fun.
fun
Housekeeper/Laundry Porter (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 April 2018
had amazing experience working for Marriott company i would love to continue working for them when i move to Vancouver this month. overall couldn't say anything bad about the job except it was a bummer to leave it.
Fun people happy place
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON30 March 2018
Very nice place and people had a real family environment, create a stable work place with people knowing they were in an establishment that cares about them and not just the guests
work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2018
sanitation cleaning great work ethics doing banquets dinners deserts appetizers,main coarse being punctual dependable hard working great personal skills
Pros
free coffee
Cons
great hours
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 March 2018
Loved the job, and the people. It was a fun environment to work in, although not knowing what time you would finish was hard. The best part about the job was it was close to home.
Pros
Travel discounts.
Cons
Not knowing when your shift would finish.
horrible job
RnR Grill server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 March 2018
love working there most of the people i worked with were great but the management sucks. really wish they would learn on how to handle problems properly
Pros
non
Cons
managment
Productive work place with great benefits
Banquets Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
The Marriott is a great company to work for with lots of opportunities to advance your career and work in different countries / locations. I would recommend this company to someone looking for a new company to work for.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons

Want to know more about Marriott International, Inc.?

Ask a question
Top End Hotel in Ottawa, Canada
11 Colonel By Drive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2018
I experienced rapid career growth and advancement in all aspects of this 5 star hotel's operation both in the front as well as the back of the house duties.
Pros
Growth and Advancement
Cons
Demanding long hours
Don't work here
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
They will overwork you if you give them the chance. It is not uncommon that they have people working 6 or more days straight. That being said, you won't get any over time, they structure your hours so you could work 8 days straight, and not receive any over time.
They are willing to cross train people in different departments. That being said if you have received a raise or 2 in one department, when you start working in a different department, your raises are void and you will start at the starting wage of the position you are working in. So if you are working $16 as a houseman, if you are getting cross trained as a bellman, your wage when working a bellman shift will be $14.50. They also don't mention that to you unless you bring it up.
There are many more problems with this company and the way they treat their employees.
Cons
Overworked, little room for advancement, will screw you over if possible
Advancement
CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
Everyday is a new day. There's never a dull moment working in one of the most fast paced, versatile, multicultural, learning facilities under a great management. If you are a passionate and hard working individual who puts your heart in what you love to do, every company you land in becomes your home, your family.
Pros
year end staff party, summer picnic, christmas party
Dining room waiter (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 March 2018
Great benefits on hotel deals and restaurants
Great company
Nice working environment
Get to meet people from all over the world
international brand
would work for them again
Very great opportunity
MI CAS A BY CHEF JOSE ANDRÉS (Former Employee) –  Dorado26 February 2018
I love this company, it was my dream job. They give me lay off because the close the hotel because of the hurricane.

I learn a lot about how HR worked and what real proffesionalism is.
Good work environment
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
Working at the westin was always a good time. It's hard work banquets but working with a good team that has good leadership makes all the difference. Would this job also allows for pleanty of movement within the company.
Pros
union
Cons
late nights
Productive and healthy for social well being
Assistant Manager housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
The environment and this type of job is very healthy because of the type of formal dress code. Going to work and seeing others in the way they are dressed is a healthy part of one's social life. Communication is also the good thing in this field
The layout of the department heads adds to the structure of the working environment. It is a psychological milestone that clearly has been improved upon over time and history.
Keeping focused on this a good part of being a good worker.
Pros
Seeing famous people
Cons
Compitition
Productive, resolve problems and good job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
- The typical day at work is always do the best I can do to provide the best service for my clients.
- Every day I learn more and more with my coo-works, and clients.
- Be a manager is take care about all of responsibility, and make the
work environment good for all.
- Analyze, and activate the company culture for organizational success.
- When we have all schedule of the day organized and make it works we do not have hardest part of the job.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is see that every things going okay and not just me, but coo-works and clients is are happy.
Experience at Sheraton
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sheraton on the Falls, ON13 February 2018
I worked at Sheraton on the Falls for 4 months during the 2017 summer months for my college co-op. I don't know where to begin with the review, except I would never go back to Sheraton on the Falls. Next to no job security, agents often discussed the likelihood of one of us being fired/laid off. Supervisors doing managers jobs, Front Desk agents doing supervisory jobs. I'm looking for a job where I feel appreciated and involved, with a goal that everyone can get behind and appreciate
Pros
Upsell bonuses
Cons
Job security
Only the finest services offered to all ladies and gentlemen
Cook 4 (Former Employee) –  Avon, CO6 February 2018
Our supervisors do line-ups to all the kitchen staff for the reservations we have every day. One of the most fun placed I've work since I encounter people with different nationality. And there are fun activities offered in our hotel that we can avail on our rest day.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K