Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 586 reviews matching the search See all 17,867 reviews
Fast-paced ,physically demanding job
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
When i clean, i cleaned well but wirh the way i clean, the time limit and the 15-16 rooms (9-13 checkout rooms), is undeniable extremely hard work that i have to put myself in extreme physical stress.

Management and co-workers are very friendly though. But it is very physically demanding.
Pros
Very friendly management and co-workers
Cons
extremely physically demanding.
Delta Toronto Airport
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Delta Toronto Airport is good when it comes to hiring within. However, what i've noticed is teamwork is lacking, and once given the tools to succeed, growing within the company is difficult. and not worth it. Pay compensation is also lacking. More work for less pay
good benefits
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2018
good lunch and diner charge low price. super busy in hot season, super free in winter time. good benefits for us. but the some polices in hotel and unclear.
Pros
good lunch and diner charge low price
Amazing culture and support system, dependant on location
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2018
I have worked at several locations and it truly depends on who has taken over ownership of each individual location.
The best overall experience I gained was through the Delta Vancouver Suites. The management team has an incredible support system developed, and creates a fun working environment.
Pros
Learning, benefits, culture, hospitality (Vancouver)
Horrendous Experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 October 2018
People I worked with were extremely careless. The managers had no idea what he was doing. He did not respond to any of my concerns. Co-workers were rude and only cared about themselves. People will blame you for their mistakes.
Pros
Discounted rooms for family and friends
Cons
Incompetent Managers
not that great place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2018
not at all a great place to work too much stress less pay no proper management too much stress long hours and less pay . there are better company outside
great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2018
it was a great place to work
the people are nice
alot of work when people are absent
the staff is nice
great breakfast
the head housekeeper was a nice lady
Pros
great breakfast
Cons
meeting everyday to interupt our work
Buen ambiente laboral
Steward (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 October 2018
Te dan la facilidad de crecer en la empresa, cuentas con las herramientas y equipo nesesario, y disponibilidad del equipo para aprender y hacer carrera en la empresa
Pros
Brindan las prestaciones y oportunidades de crecimiento
Cons
Horarios fijos
working with profissional people everyday
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Calmar, AB13 October 2018
Working with professional and fun loving people especially my chefs is the important part in my workplace, always excited to come to work everyday to learn more things.overall this place is great to worked with.
Worst mgmt saskatoon airport location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 October 2018
Supervisor was no good. Put his people down using his hurtful words. Doesn't appreciate his employee. Gm is the same too. Will tell their employee not nice things. Don't even work at this place.
very hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 October 2018
clean the hotel room. very hard, pay not good. you must work at the weekend. it's a Seasonal job. you must finish 16 rooms a day. in the summer, you have to work 5.5 days, but in the winter, you no work a month.
Hard work, Bad management
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 September 2018
I started to work here as a Room attendant. Hard physical work, which I love to do, I was enjoying the job a lot.

The reason I quit was the management, or lack there of.

Employees are treated poorly and spoken to rudely when asked questions about the work and other related topics.

As a room attendant, we need to know the room status, whether it's empty or is a guest in there. There was a bit of a confusion one day regarding certain rooms. I needed to ask about certain rooms' status, for which I was told by my manager, "you make my life miserable", and not even in a funny way.

At another occasion, I was calling in to let them know that I was going to be a bit late due to car trouble. I barely said "I am calling in because...", when my manager chimed in and said "You're in few weeks and calling in already. Ok thank you", and slammed the phone down.

Just a few reasons why I quit; just thought I should share my experience.

Pros
Lunch buffet is good, colleagues were friendly
Cons
Management, rude behavior, supply shortage, unprofessional work culture
The best Place to work
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2018
Since my first day was amazing, all the team manager are very professionals. The Company encourage you and give you many trainings for improve your skills. Definitely THE BEST PLACE TO WORK
Pros
Flexible
Cons
World's worst place to work at
I WORKED THERE FOR 5YEARS (Former Employee) –  AIRPORT DELTA MARRIOTT21 September 2018
THE MANAGERS ONLY LIKE MOSLEM,
HR IS very HOT TEMPER
VERY HARD TO TO STAY
ALL SHORT TEMPERS.
EVERYDAY they are hiring WHY....?
BECAUSE they are firing people for no reason.
Workers are hired for part-time with low pays and
Asking workers to work full-time hours for less money and no benifit.
DO you want work and no future.
PLEASE try to understand. Good jobs are very hard to find these day.
Cons
No future
Maintenance worker: terrible manager, terrible pay
Preventative maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON20 September 2018
The manager consistently lied, no team morale, low pay. Constantly expected to do more and more with no extra compensation. Expected to work during holidays. Overall a terrible place to work. Do not recommend
Great Company
Director Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 September 2018
Diverse range of properties and styles - excellent company to work with Excellent online resources, and training tools for team development.
GREAT OPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
prioritize and organize is important
In Room Dining Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2018
working the early morning shift in a fast pace environment. everything is based on daily routine which consist of prep work and side duties. management is always willing to assist during busy time. the most difficult part of the job is time of delivery. and therefore, time management, prioritize and organize is key to successful deleivery.
Fun and Enthusiastic Atmosphere
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2018
This is a great place if you're looking for an upbeat enthusiastic environment. I learned a lot about team work and the Hospitality Industry.

You get to meet many new and interesting people from all over the world.
Pros
The people
Cons
Difficult guests sometimes
Owner to cheep to get things done
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 September 2018
Residents Inn Whitby is in need of new owners, management trying to get things done but owner is to cheep.
Place is in very bad shape, pool always broken down, Room A.C broken, elevator broken, what's not broken.
Pros
The place has not burned down yet.
Cons
Place is in very bad shape.
Housekeeping is not fun
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Delta Hotels - 75 Lower Simcoe St2 September 2018
Co-workers are very nice so do everyone else, but the housekeeping management team is lacking of skills and capability as they promote people who do well on housekeeping jobs, but not necessarily good at coordinating, facilitating and communicating over 50 people. Also some supervisors speaks poor English and make it hard to understand causing communication issues all the time. Supervisors aren't very helpful, no management skills at all, does't seem intelligent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K