Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 573 reviews matching the search See all 17,153 reviews
environnement tres agréable
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Key West, FL11 January 2019
professionnalisme, leadership, esprit d'équipe et surtout l'atmosphère familiale.
Terrible management.
Second cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 January 2019
If you want to work in a kitchen, avoid Morton's at all costs. "Chef" is a terrible person to work for who will yell at you and belittle you infront of all the staff, or pull you into a walk-in cooler to "talk" with you.
Pros
Not any I can think of
Cons
Terrible work environment
Good student job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2018
A typical day at work varies depending on what kind of function you're working. Marriott offers benefits with full time employment, as well as great hotel discounts.
They try
Sales and services (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 December 2018
They try hard but they aren't fixing the problems there all there doing is covering it up. Its painful to sit in a chair all day and asking for help. Don't bothet all they do is hang up and tell you to figure it out.
Not worth it.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everything else
Food & Beverage Service
F&B-Service Department as Hostess (Former Employee) –  Canada17 December 2018
Looking for job opportunity, i have visitor visa of Canada, searching job with Permanent-Full time job offer with endorsement or LMIA
Looking for migrate in canada/any province
Pros
Food & Beverage Service
Cons
Permanent-Full time job offer with endorsement or LMIA
Team work in the Rooms Division
Manager on Duty- Rooms Operations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2018
A typical days is ensuring that the Front Office and Guest Service teams are looking after our guest arrival, in-house and departure experience. There are daily audit functions that are required throughout the daily and I have to sign off that the accuracy of the reports are complete. GSS is answered and acknowledged within 48 hours of guest sending in comments from different avenues of Online platforms. Consistently walking thru the Hotel to ensure the safety of the building and guests in all public areas. Act as the Manager on Duty at night in absence of the daytime management team gone home by 5pm.
Pros
Monthly team goals and achievements rewarded
Cons
Note always having enough time in the day to complete all tasks
Stressful Work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON14 December 2018
good pay and benefits but poor management
everything is apparently changing so I could be wrong
customers will treat you poorly and you are expected to accept this
Appeler des donneurs pour leur informer des futures collectes de sang
Héma-Québec Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Montreal30 November 2018
It was a good volunteering experience that help me developpe new communication skills. It had a friendly environment that was really stimulating.
I would recommended to anyone looking for a volunteering opportunity.
Working at Marriott is pretty hard but worth it.
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2018
Since it is my first job, I learned a lot about how workplaces works, and I enjoy working with them. Though it's pretty hard at first I manage to work things out. The management are pretty strict in terms of cleanliness which is a very important part in our line of work. The hardest part of it is when the peak days come, lots of hours in the other hand but super tired, while the most enjoyable part is when I can meet different types of people staying in the hotel coming from different parts of the world.
Pros
They have soup, breads, coffee, tea and others that we can enjoy at our break time.
Energtitc work environment
Housekeeping Manager, Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2018
1K room hotel with 70K sq ft of meeting space. Managed Housekeeping department, overseeing over 100 associates. Managed the day to day operations of the Front Office and Valet.
Pros
Always learning
shift supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sindh28 November 2018
I was selected for the front office , it was a great work experience being in the main lobby all the time and than i was promoted to shift supervisor later
Pros
free food and laundry
Cons
less salary
fun place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2018
co-workers and general manager were amazing to work with, however, my supervisor was not. She could not see, always would mistaken me for someone else because of her poor eye site. She did not handle private matters well.
Esprits d'équipe
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QC17 November 2018
Une esprit d'équipe sein et tres valorisant et le client est le patron
Fast-paced ,physically demanding job
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
When i clean, i cleaned well but wirh the way i clean, the time limit and the 15-16 rooms (9-13 checkout rooms), is undeniable extremely hard work that i have to put myself in extreme physical stress.

Management and co-workers are very friendly though. But it is very physically demanding.
Pros
Very friendly management and co-workers
Cons
extremely physically demanding.
Delta Toronto Airport
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Delta Toronto Airport is good when it comes to hiring within. However, what i've noticed is teamwork is lacking, and once given the tools to succeed, growing within the company is difficult. and not worth it. Pay compensation is also lacking. More work for less pay
Team work is success
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 November 2018
The more you give, the more they are expected on you to complete the job well-done . Focus on what the standard is for the policy after while give them what the best in you to complete the job
Meals included, Great annual Holiday Party.
Cleaner/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kent st, Ottawa1 November 2018
Learned a great deal on how a hotel works and operates. Working overnights, they paid a dollar an hour premium. Very busy hotel with many staff members. Staff were required to be flexible for scheduling. Management was fair and also flexible for day off requests and vacation times. You are treated with respect and valued as part of an important team. There are staff incentives, like prizes for nominated for best employee of the week, helping other staff members, etc.
Pros
Lunch and dinner supplied. Staff incentives, gifts for good work, etc.
Cons
Sometimes overtime to cover sick time.
good benefits
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2018
good lunch and diner charge low price. super busy in hot season, super free in winter time. good benefits for us. but the some polices in hotel and unclear.
Pros
good lunch and diner charge low price
Amazing culture and support system, dependant on location
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2018
I have worked at several locations and it truly depends on who has taken over ownership of each individual location.
The best overall experience I gained was through the Delta Vancouver Suites. The management team has an incredible support system developed, and creates a fun working environment.
Pros
Learning, benefits, culture, hospitality (Vancouver)
Horrendous Experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 October 2018
People I worked with were extremely careless. The managers had no idea what he was doing. He did not respond to any of my concerns. Co-workers were rude and only cared about themselves. People will blame you for their mistakes.
Pros
Discounted rooms for family and friends
Cons
Incompetent Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K