Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stress Induced Unorganized
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 June 2018
-Can't provide proper working equipment for employees
-hotel is fallingapart, owner is very cheap doesn't care for hotel
-no work/life bal.
-job is very strenuous on the body sometimes having 20+ rooms a day
Pros
Very friendly helpful staff
Cons
High stress for min. wage
Very Poor Management, Hard Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 June 2018
I did not enjoy working at the Marriott, Girls would call in all the time so if you think you have a easy day your probably getting extra rooms to clean. If you call in because your sick to your stomach & cant move ..expect to be treated as if you just called for little headache.. meanwhile the managers go "home" because of an headache all the time.
Pros
Free lunch only on the WEEKENDS (soup only)
Cons
Hardwork, Favoritism
Co-op work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2018
This was a co-op job i did part time when i was in school. This place was awesome. We had a great team and i leaned a lot at this place as an accounting student.
Great People but horrible management.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2018
Working at the Westin is very customer service heavy and dealing with entitled guest is very tiring. Dealing with power hungry and insecure management also does not improve team moral.
It makes it challenging to grow and look forward to a days work when your leaders have their favourite, and choose to single you out and pick on you. Every slight change is faced with resistance, but exceptions are made all the time for those who are staff and not management.
All in all, it paid well, but the managers were way to self involved and only cared about how they looked for their bosses and did little to make every team member they led, feel heard
Pros
Good pay, great co-workers
Cons
No room for growth, Bad hours, and poor managment
Exciting
Bell Captain (Former Employee) –  Sheraton kuwait13 June 2018
By the way it is Sheraton Hotel and not Marriot.Everyday was challenge,plenty of request.Since that we have drop off and pick up from the airport, our guest sometime is late and demanding to be alone in car so there is no day that there will be no complain.So far it was excited and at the end the work is done.
workplace
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I love working with team and learning new stuff from my coworkers such as cultures . the hardest part at job is when I don't know the environment of my work place . the most enjoyable part at work will be friendly understanding one other.
Loved my Banquet Team
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
I worked at the Sheraton for almost 4 years. It is a nice place to work the employees are great everyone in every department gets along great. The management is nice but will happily throw you under the bus if need be to save there own butt. The people on my team were amazing it is part of the reason i stayed so long. One thing you need to understand at that hotel is that there are lots of people who have been there 20+ years and they are not going anywhere so don't expect to move up in seniority any time soon or at least very quickly. In all my time there I moved one spot and was still part time throughout my whole time there.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Meals come out of your pay
five star hotel
laundry attendant (Former Employee) –  downtown ottawa29 May 2018
this is a good place to work because a very nice company and as a laundry attendant I learn to work in the washing machine, presser machine and distribute it to floor by floor of the hotel. Learn to manage your time of work by being consistent and hard work to produce a quality of production in timely manner.
Pros
free lodging when vacationing to differnt part of North America
Cons
no chance to become full time
I work in a hotel but not Marriot
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2018
Every hotel company allow their staff to learn and to grow to their field of work. Provides training to help employees to achieved their objectives. As a hotel worker for 6 years internationally allow me to understand every needs of different person and to communicate to them properly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No holidays
Great benefits and performance incentives
Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 May 2018
Workplace can be toxic, hard to advance unless you know someone in the company or you are willing to be the boss's best friend. Management makes you feel unappreciated and aren't loyal to their associates.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 May 2018
I had never worked in a hotel before, it really was a lot of fun. My co- workers were amazing and helpful. The best part about working here was meeting people from all over the world.
Amazing Company to Work For
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 May 2018
Cares about the employees and develops great workplace culture. Career development opportunities are plentiful and always encouraging to grow. There are so many brands and opportunities to choose from.
pruductive and fun
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
I have fun and interesting job and the hotel because we meet
a different nationality
I have extra income everyday given by guest like tips or gratitude
we have discounted in every HOTEL
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hrs
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON10 May 2018
Just as a person I need to be constantly moving or doing something to not be bored. Waiting for calls to come in killed me and made the time go by slower. I may be biased but I would rather work somewhere that I wouldn't mind showing up everyday for.
Pros
pizza days, fun lunches, great training
Cons
don't get to choose your shift, late hours
Work at The Westin Resort and Spa, Whistler BC
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC10 May 2018
I worked one winter season for The Westin Resort and Spa in Whistler BC and I am not sure that I would return. The hotel is beautiful and offers a great deal of services as well as great proximity to skiing. What I found to be most difficult about working there is Whistler itself. It is a very small community and very much designed like a resort that has one major attraction. I found the situation too small for my liking and prefer a larger city.
Marriott is a respected brand and has an engaging culture.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Housekeeping4 May 2018
We recently converted from a Renaissance to a Marriott. The property itself has always had an energetic vibe and it is in the centre of all of Toronto's main attractions. The team is dynamic and supportive of one another. It has always been a very positive experience working at this hotel.
Hotel Job
Service Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
I learned a lot working for The Westin Prince Hotel. I made friends there but not too many. The people were somewhat friendly but not many. Not too many people were too happy with management.
Pros
free food
Cons
food not tasty
Too many and unrealistic expectations
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
Serious work life balance problems. Management expects you to do multiple tasks at once and despite managing the tasks(i.e. staying late to get it done); you are still held accountable for things that you could not finish on your 12 hour shift.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management and job expectation
Forget about your life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 April 2018
Absolutely the worst place I've ever worked. 18-20 rooms a day, sometimes more. You get days off but they call for OT all the time. Once you're done your rooms you have to help the same slow people every day. Management/supervisors don't care and are RUDE. Pay is not even close to being enough for the work you do. Don't bother working here, you'll regret it!
Amazing Second Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 April 2018
At this location, this was my second job ever, and it was pretty sweet! I started out being a housekeeper, I loved it, learned new tricks, and how to work under pressure well. The staff is hard on the team but means well, all in learning. It's the whole "work hard, play hard" but they treat us employees very very well. It was a very tough job, I was the youngest on the team, everybody there was 19+ and I was 16, but I met some amazing people, and they pay was very well at the age I was. Overall you will LOVE the people there, very welcoming, and caring.
Pros
Buffet Lunches
Cons
Hard on body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K