Markland Wood Group Employee Reviews in Toronto, ONReview this company
Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 3 reviews
Job work-life balance
Indeed featured reviewThe most useful review selected by Indeed
I had the pleasure of working at Markland Wood Group as a lawn care technician before having to go back to school. It was a great experience.They treat you well, you get to work independently, they provide real on the road training, their wages are very competitive compared to what you'd be making in retail or with other lawn care companies, and their benefits are good too. They also have year-round work available. The work can get tiring sometimes. Lawn care (believe it or not) is a very labour intensive job. You're outside all day and sometimes in some of the hottest and most humid conditions. There are also expectations set out on how much time it should take you to complete each job. You're also expected to have a good grasp on how to perform your duties following completion of your training, so you are expected to be a quick leaner. In conclusion, if you like being outdoors, working independently, and a hard worker, you'll love it. If you're not into hard labour, unable to meet strict deadlines, and pick up on things quickly, than this may not be the job for you.
Competitive wage, stable schedule (unless it rains), benefits, paid training, supportive people.
Upward mobility is minimal as they're still a smaller company, but growing quickly!
Was this review helpful?
Based on 1 survey responses
Insights into Markland Wood Group
What people like
- Sense of belonging
- Support from manager
- Overall satisfaction
See more jobs
Jobs at Markland Wood Groupin Toronto, ON
See more Markland Wood Group reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?Ask a question about working or interviewing at Markland Wood Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question
Based on 3 reviews
Ratings by category
5.0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
5.0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
5.0 out of 5 stars for Management
5.0 out of 5 stars for Culture
Questions about Markland Wood Group
- What is the vacation policy like at Markland Wood Group? How many vacation days do you get per year?One person answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Markland Wood Group about how to improve the company?One person answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Markland Wood Group? What are the steps a…One person answered
- What would you suggest Markland Wood Group management do to prevent others from leaving?One person answered
- What benefits does Markland Wood Group offer?Answered by Markland Wood Group
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at Markland Wood Group?Answered by Markland Wood Group