Markham Stouffville Hospital

Working at Markham Stouffville Hospital: Latest Markham Stouffville Hospital Reviews

Canada91 reviews

Awesome co-workers, subpar management

Great co-workers, love my team. Upper management is only concerned about budget. Often you are spread thin and told to deal with it. Lots of burnout

Good place to work. Good team work . Fast paced. Short staff. Busy units. Self scheduling is a best part. Day and night shifts available. More chances to become incharge

Insights into Markham Stouffville Hospital

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

good place to work

MSH is a great place to work with lots of opportunity to move around to different departments. The only thing I would say is management could be better at actually listening to employees concerns

Supportive team members

Open to change and innovation. Management was fairly supportive and the other healthcare members in the team were helpful and kind. Learned a lot while working here.

Great for Voulnteers

Many available department positions which is great but not a lot of work to do. Found myself having lots of spare time once all my daily tasks were done, just waiting around for something to do.

Fast paced, you have to work long hours non stop. Too much pulling and boosting. Management are good though but they can do better. Overall nice place to start your career

Pros

Some of the co worker are good

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance

MSH is supportive to their staff.

Working at MSH gives me the chance to work collaboratively with the dynamic health care team. It has a great supportive atmosphere! Everyone is so helpful and friendly!

Pros

Bursary/tuition assistance for all staff; great health benefits for fulltime employees

Cons

No union for RNs

Environmental services…Great gig if you’re trying to step foot in the hospital field

This was a decent paying job. Scheduling is based off seniority. Like any job in the beginning you should’ve stuck with the grunt work. I think it’s a perfect job for a highschool kid starting at 20$+ an hour. You will not make 25$ an hour no matter how long you work here. Unless you want to work night shift, you’re going to be part time for many years.

Pros

Can accommodate and decent pay

Cons

No advancement or acknowledgment in that department

not good management teams at all

Very ignorant management team… they don’t want to do anything for you. They bully you and make you feel like you’re the bad person. No one should feel that way in a workplace.

I feel like I'm making a difference in my community

I work in the outpatient ambulatory clinics and it's an amazing place to work. I feel like I have a lot of autonomy and I'm working to my full scope of practice. The pitfall of this hospital is the horrendous EMR system they use (it's too outdated and complicated to use). Another pitfall is their management teams. They do not include the workers in the decision making process for things that will affect our jobs.

Pros

Great teams in ambulatory care

Cons

Management needs some work

The reason I give Markam Stouffvillle 5 stars

I give Markham Stouffville 5 stars because they regard their staff as family and treat them as such. I have worked at many other hospitals and this one is by far the best!!

Manager does not know how to manage

Working in the Communications Dept. was fun but no management. Some women who had been there for a long time took full advantage and took longer breaks and lunches. Management didn't do a thing.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Horrible Management

Good experience overall

This was my first experience in the health care field working at a hospital. I liked the bright atmosphere of the hospital and the lovely team they have there. I was taught a lot of things from the nurses working there even though they did not have the obligation to do so. All of them were very helping and likes to talk about ways to improve.

Good management

Pretty good to do a coop placement there. A typical day is filing, organizing and taking phone calls. Coworkers are very nice and cooperate to achieve the common goals of the day.

Productive and collaborative work environment

Great team to work with in NICU and Paeds. Busy and fast-passed environment. Rewarding to work with babies, children and their families. The community is also very support of the initiatives the hospital partakes in to deliver the best care to patients.

Productive and fast-paced work environment

Collaboration with community partners was tantamount in ensuring the needs of the patient were emphasized and incorporated in the everyday work. Management was supportive and provided me the opportunity to grow.

pt's care,confidence and comfort are the prority at MSH ,prepare and built the techs mentality and physicality to accept any professional chalanges.

Professionalism and friendly enviornment in the diagnostic department is very healthy.All the staff members share and celebrate their joy and sorrows equally as a team to achieve the success and reach the goal.All team members vision is very clear "Pt's care ,confidence and comfort is the top prority" and we all work hard unitedly to optimize our target.Respect each other,reduce the repeats is our slogan.The time management,punctuality,excellent attendance and accountibility are our strength and contineous learning improves our weakness and for that reason our management team is proud for us tobe the team members of the diagnostic department of MSH.

Haven’t worked there for years but was at that time a nice place to be an RN

I liked working there as I don’t care to work at union hospitals. Pay is on par without the useless union dues. I haven’t worked there in 10 years so not sure my review has any value. I do know from friends still there that over the years the hospital was replacing RNs with RNAs even in active areas with the RN still responsible for their practice. A number have also left havleftlefangotemployeeemployment elsewhere.

Horrible Culture

Terrible culture driven by poor leadership I would not recommend working here Their values are merely words on a poster as they do not demonstrate them at all

Pros

None really

Cons

Brutal leadership (mostly). Dishonest and backstabbing environment.

Negative work culture

Very stressful & negative work environment. Management more concerned about how department looks than supporting staff. Always playing the blame game.

It is an OK place to work

It was a busy unit , most of the time the staff worked well together. But there were some staff that were not helpful. Modern unit, However it is a non union hospital at the Markham site,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Markham Stouffville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement