Markham Stouffville Hospital

Markham Stouffville Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada78 reviews
Great team to work with in NICU and Paeds. Busy and fast-passed environment. Rewarding to work with babies, children and their families. The community is also very support of the initiatives the hospital partakes in to deliver the best care to patients.
Pretty good to do a coop placement there. A typical day is filing, organizing and taking phone calls. Coworkers are very nice and cooperate to achieve the common goals of the day.
Collaboration with community partners was tantamount in ensuring the needs of the patient were emphasized and incorporated in the everyday work.

Management was supportive and provided me the opportunity to grow.
Professionalism and friendly enviornment in the diagnostic department is very healthy.All the staff members share and celebrate their joy and sorrows equally as a team to achieve the success and reach the goal.All team members vision is very clear "Pt's care ,confidence and comfort is the top prority" and we all work hard unitedly to optimize our target.Respect each other,reduce the repeats is our slogan.The time management,punctuality,excellent attendance and accountibility are our strength and contineous learning improves our weakness and for that reason our management team is proud for us tobe the team members of the diagnostic department of MSH.
I liked working there as I don’t care to work at union hospitals. Pay is on par without the useless union dues. I haven’t worked there in 10 years so not sure my review has any value.
I do know from friends still there that over the years the hospital was replacing RNs with RNAs even in active areas with the RN still responsible for their practice. A number have also left

havleftlefangotemployeeemployment elsewhere.
Terrible culture driven by poor leadership I would not recommend working here Their values are merely words on a poster as they do not demonstrate them at all
Pros
None really
Cons
Brutal leadership (mostly). Dishonest and backstabbing environment.
Very stressful & negative work environment. Management more concerned about how department looks than supporting staff. Always playing the blame game.
It was a busy unit , most of the time the staff worked well together. But there were some staff that were not helpful. Modern unit, However it is a non union hospital at the Markham site,
The teams you work with here definitely make working here a lot more fun and relaxed. You learn a lot about certain things, depending on what unit you work on.
Lovely place to work I presume, I am not really sure though because I am just a volunteer. However the staff I do work with seem content and happy enough.
Great place to work. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Management treats you with respect and values the work you do.
Only thing I don't like is the electronic documentation system... it's not very user friendly.
very fast paced work environment, always on your feet , great hours , and gives you a great sense of accomplishment. friendly work environment and lots of team work.
The environment is very good.
Co -workers okay. Work balance and hours are very good.The location is not to bad. The hospital is very clean and tidy
crazy busy unit. lots to learn. manager is awesome, she listening and observing and also helping out if you needs. Lots sick calls, some staff constantly get sick when floor is heavy. Mix culture, some staffs are rude and hard for new staff. Overall , workload is heavier than other hospital, lots total care patients. If you can handle this unit, you have no problem to work in other place.
Enjoyed working along with nurses, physicians, social workers, etc. Judgement free work environment. Collaborative team approach in place. Learned so much about mental health.
There is so much favoritism within the Finance area. Office politics is so extreme that it hurts productivity and keeps people from thriving. Think before joining.
Set up for write ups left right and center they should focus on helping the employee for rehabilitation on the write ups not hammering them with more. Managers abuse there position
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
Poor management
You will find the most extreme cases of Nepotism and financial mismanagement within the Finance function at MSH. Whistleblowers are disregarded by both HR and senior leadership. Management will post jobs externally to cover their basis but already have a candidate ready to hire. There is a reason it's difficult to enter the healthcare space.
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
poor leadership
This organization does not live up to it's name. I worked in the Uxbridge site for a short period of time. Emergency is dirty. So called central registration is a joke; basically one member doing 3 jobs. Although this site is unionized but the total mind set is non union. Unorganized HR department. They messed up the orientation training dates and no accountability. Very poor management, no organization. Worked another part time job and was asked repeatedly to drop shifts at the other place to accommodate them. Senior staff is a bully and favoritism is very common. Management is not there to listen to your concerns or to help. Low wages and high expectations with no clear plan in place. Horrible place to work, will never recommend any one to work at especially Uxbridge site.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
If you work a certain position part-time at the hospital your not guaranty hours at all. Its a job with no security as your always chasing the next shift in line. The least they could do is to provide a minimum hours so you can balance your life.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
No hours to work...
HR department not very good.
Good customer service skills.

A lot of staff looking for money. Did not care they were done at work.

Long lunch for some people.

Norbert
Pros
absence
Cons
long huors
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Markham Stouffville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.