Mark's

Mark's Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Fort McMurray, AB10 reviews
Upper management was unable to train employees properly resulting in poor work conditions.High turnover rate was also a factor into employees not being trained properly.
People were nice but lazy. There’s no communication between ANYONE. Flexible hours but you will not be scheduled enough. About 20 employees for a store that does not need that many people. Scheduling management is horrible. The interview process was bad. They still follow a list of questions that does not make sense for a job thay pays and schedules you to the bare minimum. I strongly believe that the store needs new management.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Short hours. No communication. Not paid enough. Horrible benefits.
I enjoyed working for Mark's because of overall experience was great had a great manager at the time I was there . Co-workers was there to help out new workers and show them the ropes.
Pros
this is a good entry level job, has competitive wages flexible hours and a friendly work team, truly made me feel like part of a big family. i recommend this team
Pros
flexible hours, competitive wages
Cons
no commission
My job entailed driving to and from work sites.. Selling product to the workers. Responsible for loading truck with the proper merchandise. Best part was working with other store members and the public. Learned the proper clothing needed at the sites, which included, FR and steel toe boots.
The people make mark's and the Canadian Tire Group of companies what it is and they treat their people with respect and understand the need for personal time and that to succeed in business you work force must also succeed.
Typical day at work consists of helping customers, completing assigned tasks by the shift leader and keeping everything nice and tidy. At the end of the shift you have to clean the floors usually and take out the garbage as well as pick up a few things here and there to keep the store clean. PS3 needs some cables to be hooked up to the TV but is fully functional and allowed to be used when on breaks.
The hardest part of the job is when there are no customers, the work can get very boring and dull very quickly. Also, usually there are about 3 people in the store at a time so very little hours available to the employees because there are twice as many people working there at the moment than there is supposed to be.
Pros
Flexible hours, free parking
Cons
Very little hours given to most employees because very overstaffed.
Very slow environment for sales. Short staffed a lot of the time. The workers made the job go by faster. Most enjoyable part was cleaning up the store when we didn't have customers.
Pros
Discount on expensive wear
Cons
Poor management
co-workers were amazing we were all there to help each other out and our main goal was customer service, always making sure the customers were being helped and that we made their shopping experience easier for them
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
rude customers
Basically the dream job for any high school student or part time job for a college student, payed well, fun workplace, good people.