Mark's

Mark's Employee Reviews

Canada478 reviews
Good
It was great helping customers find what they needed and finishing it right to the end with ringing their purchases through! I would recommend it to anyone!
very productive and enjoyable workplace
very enjoyable workplace due to teamwork throughout the staff.everyone at the peterborough location gets along away from work which helps with the productivity at work.
Not a fan
Very little room to move up and if there is it's for upper management. It's a great job for beginners. The corporation is money hungry and cares more about sales than anything else. Overall I'd recommend this job if you just want some extra pocket money or for a first job.
It a job for people who want to get out of hte house or get good employee discounts.
A day at work- I wish we had 4 hr shifts?
Learned a lot about the culture at Mark's.

Management was a glorified Clerk.

Hardest part of the job was folding and standing.

I always like knowing some about my peeps I work with.
Good workplace if you want to be introduced to retail.
Workplace culture at my specific workplace was really bad. Upper management could not place a proper leash on a couple of employees that were constantly stirring up trouble. However, the good employees there that did work and were not conniving were quite enjoyable, altogether, it made my experience a neutral one
Not the best
I personally wouldn't recommend working for the company. Although one good thing I have to say is that they are very accommodating with your school schedule. On the other hand, they're very heavy on favoritism. It's very hard to climb the ladder with the company. If you're looking for a casual summer job it's decent.
People there are great to work with. Current manager doesn't work half as hard as her employees & takes all the credit for their hard work!
Most of the people I worked with are gone but there are still several people there that are great to work with! Can be confusing at times as the communication from management sucks! It's a franchise store but also has to follow some of the corporate policies which can make things more complicated. But if you want a good job and to go home without taking your work with you, great place to be.
Friendly and flexible
Marks works with your schedule and values a positive work atmosphere. the management was friendly and co-workers were happy to help out and teach tips and how to use different systems. I worked part time as a student and was an overall positive experience
Good Starting Point
I really enjoyed my time with this company. The entire team is usually collaborative, creative and participates in teamwork. There are lots of opportunities to grow in product knowledge; professional and personal development. However, little opportunity for advancement and wages are minimal with slight annual increase.

Overall, postivie experience. Not long term.
Pretty Good
Nice starter job, almost always something to keep busy. I still haven't recieved my record of employment though, and it's been quite a while. Does get busy during christmas, but some days there's nothing to do because of less stock shipments.
Good for your first job
If you need a little bit of extra money, or you have no job experience, this place is a good first start to help you with your experience in the working industry.
Stressful workplace
Upper management was unable to train employees properly resulting in poor work conditions.High turnover rate was also a factor into employees not being trained properly.
nice place to work
it was a good work place for me but i quit because of the salary is low that was all
cant complain management were good as well as co workers

enjoyed being part of marks family
job was great
the job was great until the higher-ups decided with our new manager the store needed a "new start". but besides that everything was great all the other employees were amazing to work with.
Very good product selection
Insufficient staff and lack of product knowledge training. Good quality goods at a reasonable price. Larger stores suffer from an insufficient number of trained staff to provide quality service and diligent loss prevention.
great place to work for
great company to work for, however, the store I worked in was in a very small town, where the store manager was friends with all employees, and she would favor them and keep that friendship on the time clock.
Pros
Great regional manager
Cons
Needed a store manager who could separate work and personal life
Productive and Fast paced
If you would like to work in a friendly but fast paced environment, Mark's is the place to go, there is always work to be done. The staff will always be willing to help.
An active and fast paced environment
Mark’s is ever chancing, striving to improve customer experience, keeping up with what’s trending amongst our demographic. There is always something new to learn about our products, and a great history of reliability in product and company.
Fulfilling
Working at Mark's was my first ever retail job and I had no idea what I was getting into going into it. Working during the Holiday season, there were many customers and opportunities to improve my customer service skills.
Undergoing Change
Mark's (owned by Canadian Tire) is a company undergoing a lot of internal changes to continue their success. This is an evolving company so there is a strong need to be flexible and positive while these changes occur. This company is good to their staff and really care about work-life balance. There is a strong focus on mental well-being and plenty of room for advancement.
fun place to work
amazing staff , great place to work, relaxed atmosphere , nice customers, store always clean, clothing always up to date, felt like part of the team despite only working there for a few months