Mark's Employee Reviews

Wonderful co-workers, and great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC22 May 2018
I love working here! Everybody on the staff is friendly and good to be around. It's not a high stress job and it mostly consists of organizing and being comfortable with people. they teach a lot about till and cash and how all that works. They make sure you are very clear on company rules and standards. Biannual audits are done to be sure the store is compliant with company rules, as well as a yearly inventory. The hardest job I would say is stock or ladders depending on if your good with heights or heavy lifting. The best part by far is the staff though.
Pros
40% off regular priced items, and 20% off sale priced items
Cons
It can get to be physically draining sometimes
Great co-workers, poor leadership
Visual Merchandiser, Shipper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 May 2018
I was hired as a visual merchandiser but mainly put out clothes and sold. I was a key holder until I was told they were getting rid of the key holders. It was not important they said. I rarely saw the district manager and my manager was a micro-manager who took credit for my ideas.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor Manager
Customer greeting, Stocking shelfs
Sales Associate Boot and Shoe Department (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 May 2018
Temporary employment, not a career position. Good training with inter perosnal skills .
Handling customer orders personal and corporate. Dealing with customers to problem solve.
Fun and Aggravating at the same time
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 May 2018
The staff and customers are very fun. It's aggravating because of a certain program being used for our ordering systems which has caused major delays.
Fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver/Shiftleader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, West7 May 2018
Mostly top down management. Great staff and management to work with at store level. Canadian Tire Corp. has ultimate say in everything but can be a fun place to work. Mostly positive customer base.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No real raises unless you are promoted to AM or SGM
Productive and professional work place
FT Key Holder Supervisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2018
Mark's offers an environment with a superior work ethic, their dedication to the image and quality at which there product is presented to their customers is unparalleled.
working here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2018
worked here when i was in highschool and loved it, however, had to part ways due to other opportunities. working there was great, had alot of fun being in the atmosphere with great people.
Pros
easy job, loved it
Cons
didnt get enough hours being part time.
part time
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 May 2018
Enjoyed working at Marks. The employees were friendly and easy to work with. Very accommodating as I was only available certain hours as I was working full time as well.
Pros
discounts
Good working atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 May 2018
A typical day at work could be a lot of fun. There were good customers, a friendly staff and always something to do to keep busy. From working here I learned more about time management and how to approach and talk to people I'd never met before.
productive work environment
Part time cashier/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2018
Working on maintaining the stores cleanliness, helping customers find what they are looking for. I've learned how to take roll in being a leader. the hardest part of the job must be the customers who would yell and be rude to the Marks team
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 April 2018
I gained lots of product knowledge as well as became more confident in customer service while working at Marks. My co-workers were all very polite and fun to work with.
Great Canadian Owned Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I would have stayed with the company longer but specific management caused high turnover rates, me included.

Great customer base, great benefits, wage was on par
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management is hypocritical
Marks Review
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON22 April 2018
Marks Work Wearhouse was my first job. The atmosphere was extremely accommodating and welcoming. It was a great introduction into the working environment.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks
fun workplace with marks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB22 April 2018
my day at work includes counting cash registers at the end of the day and counting deposits and money also helping customers when they have complaints.
overall: a good time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 April 2018
marks is really good at feeling like a family, usually you become friends not only inside of the work place but outside the work place. this is a great first job to have.
Good but could be better.
Front sales and excellence in customer relations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2018
Like most jobs in retail, it can be particularly hostile when dealing with some customers but the discounts and products available at Marks are nearly unmatched. Needless to say, that’s the best pro I’ve found.
Productive, easy going, fast paced
Customer Service/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
The workplace was easy going and i enjoyed help customers with their purchases. Everyone was like family their. Hard at times but still enjoyable, we work as a team helping each other from time to time. I enjoyed working at Marks
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
Great coworkers, Birthdays always celebrated, Christmas and holidays always a good time.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB9 March 2018
I worked for the Mark's in Wainwright, which is a Franchise and not a Corporate owned store. It was a great work environment. Had a great managerial team. We always made sure to celebrate birthdays and any holidays we could. It was a family vibe with all of us. I met my best friend there and made some other life long friends. If you need time off or anything, the managers are pretty easy going about it. If you are looking for a job in Wainwright, and you can handle the fast pace of retail, then I would for sure recommend this place!
Pros
Great Coworkers and Managers
Cons
The Christmas Craziness
Marks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2018
This is a great place to work. The stores are well managed and they take the time to make sure you have all the knowledge you need. The supervisors are easily available to give you any assistance with customers when needed.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
varying hours
Good people
Manager - Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2018
The people make mark's and the Canadian Tire Group of companies what it is and they treat their people with respect and understand the need for personal time and that to succeed in business you work force must also succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mark's. Our community is ready to answer.