Mark's Employee Reviews

Marks Review
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON22 April 2018
Marks Work Wearhouse was my first job. The atmosphere was extremely accommodating and welcoming. It was a great introduction into the working environment.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks
fun workplace with marks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB22 April 2018
my day at work includes counting cash registers at the end of the day and counting deposits and money also helping customers when they have complaints.
overall: a good time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 April 2018
marks is really good at feeling like a family, usually you become friends not only inside of the work place but outside the work place. this is a great first job to have.
Good but could be better.
Front sales and excellence in customer relations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2018
Like most jobs in retail, it can be particularly hostile when dealing with some customers but the discounts and products available at Marks are nearly unmatched. Needless to say, that’s the best pro I’ve found.
Productive, easy going, fast paced
Customer Service/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
The workplace was easy going and i enjoyed help customers with their purchases. Everyone was like family their. Hard at times but still enjoyable, we work as a team helping each other from time to time. I enjoyed working at Marks
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
Great coworkers, Birthdays always celebrated, Christmas and holidays always a good time.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB9 March 2018
I worked for the Mark's in Wainwright, which is a Franchise and not a Corporate owned store. It was a great work environment. Had a great managerial team. We always made sure to celebrate birthdays and any holidays we could. It was a family vibe with all of us. I met my best friend there and made some other life long friends. If you need time off or anything, the managers are pretty easy going about it. If you are looking for a job in Wainwright, and you can handle the fast pace of retail, then I would for sure recommend this place!
Pros
Great Coworkers and Managers
Cons
The Christmas Craziness
Marks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2018
This is a great place to work. The stores are well managed and they take the time to make sure you have all the knowledge you need. The supervisors are easily available to give you any assistance with customers when needed.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
varying hours
Good people
Manager - Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2018
The people make mark's and the Canadian Tire Group of companies what it is and they treat their people with respect and understand the need for personal time and that to succeed in business you work force must also succeed.
It is a great place with a variety of awesome co-workers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 February 2018
Depending on the day, weather and season Marks can be either fun, stressful or boring. I started working there in August of 2017 and so far I love it. I'm responsible for the mens jeans/pants/dress shirts and it keeps me constantly busy, which I love. We occasionally get a few characters in the store but mostly the customers are just strangers but customers who we are there to serve. During the Christmas season it can get really busy but it forces you to hurry, which I like. At my Marks the managers are awesome but peculiar in their own ways. There is one who closes really fast which is good because I'm usually closing and there is one who takes a really long time but I guess those kinds of people are everywhere.
Pros
the breaks. for a 8 hour shift its 2 15 minute breaks and one half an hour
Cons
A few of the customers are characters so you have to be prepared
Overall, the job was alright.
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2018
The managment is often changed around so it makes it hard to build relationships with your co-workers and bosses. The store is usually run very strrictly so "having a good time" is uncommon. Be prepared to work hard and know your place.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
harsh managment
Fantastic work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB24 January 2018
I love working for Marks. The corporation really looks out for the best interest of the employee. The job is fast passed. I like the changes that always occur. The product is amazing. Great work environment.
Very Friendly
Great Northern Road - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON22 January 2018
Mark's was a nice place to work although they need to work on who they hire in for management. They tend to not listen to the employees or help them when they go to management for a problem.
Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 January 2018
Arriving to work at Mark's work wear house was always a pleasure, friendly staff and management created a safe working environment.
Here I would interact and aid costumers gaining customer service experience. The many tasks provided to me, helped positively shape my time management skills as well. Working for this company helped me grow tremendously as a person even in the short time I've worked there.
Very interactive and a comforting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 January 2018
I was able to build confidence through my peers and gained more knowledge about management and the systems as the years went on. I was also able to meet lots of amazing people.
Pros
Social Interaction
Cons
Not enough to do, bored sometimes
Good Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB9 January 2018
HL location was good. Had good employees and a chill environment but had to find things to keep you busy. Edm location is good, keeps you busy but a couple of the workers are hard to work with, they criticize you for asking questions and can bite your head off for no reason. There's also unnecessary drama and that's not good. And the pay could be a little better.
great place to work
Sales Accociate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 December 2017
I worked there seasonal. It was a great job and had nice management. There was no problems at all and the only reason I left was that the job was seasonal.
Good to work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 December 2017
Great place to work as a college student , allows you to network with a lot of people if your the sociable type , discount is decent and pay is avg for what your required to do .
Pros
discount, and networking
Cons
management sometimes
Fun
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 December 2017
was only there for seasonal work. Customers at times could be very rude, but management was awesome. Made lots of friends fast with other co-workers and always had a great time at work. Most days it didn't feel like a job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some days were too long.
Working with friendly staff and in a safe working enviroment
cash and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 November 2017
Pros
friendly staff, excellent working environment
Cons
n/a
Sales duties (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC14 November 2017
This place was a great place to work at. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my customers. I learned alot in customer service and the duties of my job where demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mark's. Our community is ready to answer.