Mark's

Mark's Employee Reviews

Canada487 reviews
Enjoy my job been promoted twice in the past year. Love the product the environment and fellow employees. Management is great. Fun place to work. Have had 2 promotions within the year. Love love my job
A great learning platform to improvise and work on your sales skills. A very friendly staff who encourage you to perform better. Hours are given to those who perform
marks has become more about the almighty dollar than actually serving the customer properly. head manager in this store does not know how to manage time and puts her jobs onto other employees making it impossible to get your own work done, then she gets praise, and you get reprimanded for not having your work done on time.!! management spends a lot of time in office on cell phone !! very frustrating RUN DO NOT APPLY at smithers location , the district manager does nothing to help situation , a lot of hard working staff have quit because of this.!!!!! all you get is threats about failing the audit !!!
Pros
some great staff that used to work there, still friends
Cons
management too wrapped up in passing audit to care about anything else
Most of the staff is awesome to work with while some stand around or take longer breaks then what they should be taking , the pay isn't that great but the staff discount is pretty good , the managers are nice but need to take more charge of some lazy staff .
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
managers need to do something about lazy staff and time theft
Enjoy most days at the job. easy going. Don't have to worry about dress code for the most part. Learn alot about work boots. New fashion. Great sales for employees
Was only there part time, but really enjoyed the team i was involved with. Easy workload. Lots of standing and walking. Flexible scheduling. No complaints at all!
They are really good at working with you with the amount of hours you would like to work. The work environment is very friendly and everyone works well together. Customer service is key from working on cash to folding clothes and organizing racks, to receiving items in the warehouse.
Best job and the best management, especially our Store general manager. I loved working there. I also love the workplace culture. It is the safest place to work.
Mark's is a good place to work as a first retail job, but not great in the long run. You have to be pretty independent and have to be able to learn quickly when you first start, because there is an immense lack of training. I also find it difficult sometimes to balance work with school, extra curriculars, etc, because I always receive way more hours than my max, and there are constantly new online courses you have to take. Other than that, it isn't a bad first job, it pays moderately well, and has good discounts.
very enjoyable workplace due to teamwork throughout the staff.everyone at the peterborough location gets along away from work which helps with the productivity at work.
Very little room to move up and if there is it's for upper management. It's a great job for beginners. The corporation is money hungry and cares more about sales than anything else. Overall I'd recommend this job if you just want some extra pocket money or for a first job.
A day at work- I wish we had 4 hr shifts?
Learned a lot about the culture at Mark's.

Management was a glorified Clerk.

Hardest part of the job was folding and standing.

I always like knowing some about my peeps I work with.
It was great helping customers find what they needed and finishing it right to the end with ringing their purchases through! I would recommend it to anyone!
Workplace culture at my specific workplace was really bad. Upper management could not place a proper leash on a couple of employees that were constantly stirring up trouble. However, the good employees there that did work and were not conniving were quite enjoyable, altogether, it made my experience a neutral one
I personally wouldn't recommend working for the company. Although one good thing I have to say is that they are very accommodating with your school schedule. On the other hand, they're very heavy on favoritism. It's very hard to climb the ladder with the company. If you're looking for a casual summer job it's decent.
Most of the people I worked with are gone but there are still several people there that are great to work with! Can be confusing at times as the communication from management sucks! It's a franchise store but also has to follow some of the corporate policies which can make things more complicated. But if you want a good job and to go home without taking your work with you, great place to be.
Marks works with your schedule and values a positive work atmosphere. the management was friendly and co-workers were happy to help out and teach tips and how to use different systems. I worked part time as a student and was an overall positive experience
I really enjoyed my time with this company. The entire team is usually collaborative, creative and participates in teamwork. There are lots of opportunities to grow in product knowledge; professional and personal development. However, little opportunity for advancement and wages are minimal with slight annual increase.

Overall, postivie experience. Not long term.
Nice starter job, almost always something to keep busy. I still haven't recieved my record of employment though, and it's been quite a while. Does get busy during christmas, but some days there's nothing to do because of less stock shipments.
If you need a little bit of extra money, or you have no job experience, this place is a good first start to help you with your experience in the working industry.
Upper management was unable to train employees properly resulting in poor work conditions.High turnover rate was also a factor into employees not being trained properly.