MARITIME BEAUTY SUPPLY Employee Reviews

Awful management. No stability.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia24 June 2019
They cut my hours back, told me it was due to budget cuts, then gave those hours to another employee if she promised to leave her second job!!! Felt betrayed and unappreciated considering that location had no manager previously and I was the only full timer. I was doing way more than what was required of me, all for the company. Why? Because I genuinely loved my job. Not long after we got a manager at that location, I was shoved on the back burner.
Management is a joke!! Never will work for them again, or even reccomend them for that matter. Turnover rate is also very high, they cant keep anyone in there for a long time and people end up going on medical stress leave....speaks volumes in itself.
Pros
Money. Incentive programs.
Cons
Awful management. Unprofessional.
kindergarden
Warehouse Clerk (contract) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2019
i got challenged to a fight by another employee, when reported the company got rid of me instead of the problem
management runs the safety committee, they don't like those who can think for themselves
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
poor
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 July 2018
poor place to work. low morale,high turnover. management and hr are afraid to make difficult decisions due to lack of knowledge and let senior employees do as they please.
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS1 June 2016
I love working there. I just need more hours to make it perfect. There is always constant learning and education which I enjoy.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Not Enough Hours
No job security
Store supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax NS9 September 2015
Although I enjoyed working with the people and the overall set up on the workplace the management is unprofessional with a high turnover rate and is not a secure workplace
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 November 2014
I have worked here for 9 years now and I love it! Always a positive atmosphere and lots of room for growth.
Fast Paced Whole Sale Beauty Supplies
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 February 2013
A typical day would consist of completing in person and over the phone orders for pick up, dealing with customers in person and over the phone, selling education classes, stocking and facing the shelves, contiuning education, learning features and benifits of every product, prepairing the daily task sheet for the store employees, and over seeing the daily running of the store.
The best part of the job was seeig all the customers, helping them with their needs and listening to them.
The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone motivated to do thier jobs too
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
location
Independant work with great perks.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 September 2012
amazing company to work for. Great management, plenty of bonuses and incentives.
Fast past work environment.
District Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 August 2012
A typical day at work would be meeting clients daily, reports, and business planning. Learning to deal with situations on the fly of the moment and having solutions to issues that might come up. Working with a team that consist of Customer Service, Manager, and purchasers. The hours were long though I loved what I did. Had great relationships with my customers that I hope that will last after leaving the company.
Pros
setting my own hours
Cons
Very nice to work but the attention to worker was very poor.
Shipping-Receiving (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2012
In early morning started the operation, very nice and focus on my job.
I learned so many thing about warehouse operation. Sometime was very smooth and no competitive. When they went ont the rennovation, and we have to up-down .