MARINELAND OF CANADA INC.

MARINELAND OF CANADA INC. Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Working at Marineland was a new experience for me, I enjoyed it.
I worked in the admissions department and had 3 jobs to learn. We had some training, so you had to learn as you went along.

I was thankful for the supervisors as well as the return employees.
To be honest, you get what you put in it. If you go to work with a crummy attitude, you will not have a good work experience. They have high standards to ensure everyones safety. The managers are tough but fair. It is a well running organization because of it. Dealing with tourists is very difficult and yet they pull it off. Marineland is still my favourite place to be!
They work you like a dog.
They expect you to drink alot of water but have fun peeing in bushes because nobody comes to relieve you.

Coworkers are amazing, supervisors are on a power trip
I had fun working at Marineland this summer, I met a lot of friends and staff that are wonderful to work with. Their only cons is how the place is poorly managed, someone needs to step up their managing skills.
Unpaid breaks, shifts up to 13 hours with only one unpaid lunch.
No AC in a glass panelled store. I got heat stroke and had to miss work three times, which was held against me.

Don't work here.
Show up at work. Go to the Guest Services office and sign out a Train key and a Com Radio. Go to train parking area and pick up a train and drive it to Guest Services. Once there we have to clean and sweep out all the cars. Once all cleaned we head to the first pick-up spot. We load on passengers and there strollers. Once the train is all loaded we start to drive our route through out the park. At the certain locations we let passengers out. At the end of the day we park the Train at its parking location. We them walk back to Guest Services and hand in the Keys &Com Radio. Then we punch out for the day.
If you find where you fit in and stick with it you will be happy. Don't go into this place wanting for more, you will end up grossly disappointed. They said they are changing things, we will see.
Same thing happened to me I was fried too and it was a wrongful dismissal and the labor board could not do anything for me neither because it was before the 3 month probation period and I was on my third year
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management sucks
Upper Management are tyrants.
Play favourites.

Some departments get away with tons of overtime, while others are slashed down to 2 shifts a week.

Will pick on staff they don't like.
Pros
Fellow staff members
Cons
Upper Management
I had lots of fun working here, and I made sure to work hard if it was raking, cutting the endless amount of grass, trimming trees, blowing up a mountain of inflatables, removing sticks and obstacles and general cleaning of the park. I so enjoyed being able to work outdoors and absorb good amounts of sun everyday with my coworkers that made my time much more eventful and fun. On many occasions I had to speak french to all the Quebecois that came down to visit and needed directions or some information, but overall not too much exposure to people, so you can enjoy the work without being distracted.
Pros
Half an hour Lunch break + 2 small breaks
Lots of potential and slowly reaching it under new management. Lots of bad press, but none of it is relevant.

Lots of potential for personal and professional growth. Lots of mentor-ship and team building work.

Lots of harsh working conditions in all weather but very rewarding and worth it.
Worked here in 2016. Some nice coworkers but a lot of them are 50+ years old. The job itself isn’t too too bad but the rides are older and worn down and seem to always need repairs while on shift which takes time and gets customers mad. You’re outside in the heat but can’t complain because summer is always hot and muggy. When I worked there I got 25 hours weekly and so did everyone else but before summer started in June and July I got 40 hours weekly. Management were nice people but bad management when on shift, one of the supervisors and I got into an argument in-front of the public and thought that was highly unprofessional. When you get written up here they don’t tell you or get you to sign something, they will throw it in your face later and fire you like they did me. I got wrongfully dismissed but was within my 3 months probation so the Labour Board couldn’t do anything. I wouldn’t work here again even under different management. Stay away folks!
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Cons
They train you to do your work. They applaud workers who care and show up to work on time. Management is good. the hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with protesters and people against zoo's.
Pros
Long hours, minimum wage
I guess through the years the name has gone down. But would not recommend working here. This is mainly because of the animals and how they are being treated in captivity.
You may hear a lot of negative rumors regarding Marineland, but those rumors are false. Marineland is a great place to work and it is such a fun time.
Owner was very difficult to work for. The park itself had not been updated in any way in over 25 years. . I did enjoy working with the public and with my co-workers.
Overall the other workers are nice. But it is long days, your by yourself for most positions, your in the heat with no shade all day. If you want hours, they will give you them. Customer or "guest"s can be extremely infuriating and rude for doing your job. Overall most of management is nice, unless you've gotten on their bad side, all I have to say is there is never a shortage of drama at marineland
Pros
Lots of hours, nice management
Cons
Heat, minimal breaks, & rude customers
This is a great summer job for anyone. The job itself is very fun (you get to work at an amusement park), but can be a little physically demanding (on your feet for most of the day). Most days, you go without even seeing management because the park is so big so there is a very laid back work culture. You also get to interact with customers all day, which for me, was the best part of the job. The one complaint would be that the job is extremely boring when the park is not busy. There were some days where I would work an 8 hour shift and have to operate my ride less than 10 times. Suggest brining a good book to read for those days!
Pros
Fun work environment
Working at Marineland was a great experience I liked working in the kiosks being able to be outside since i love the outdoors. We were a bit short staffed so we had quite a lot of long hard days alone in the kiosks. But we had a good team and we all worked hard and had a good time.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
Shifts are longs, always understaffed so constantly being moved around. Very bad attitude around the restaurant. Employees don't care about the job. Management is not run smoothly, very rude. Can't take time off
Cons
long Hours, no vacation time
Marineland gave me morning/afternoon shifts, I had one of two break in between my shift. People serving food changed their positions on the line every couple hours or when rush hour was happening. Two food servers, a cook, and the manager would stay back to close the resturant and prep for the morning. The hardest part of the job was the enviroment. It was very, very hot even when the sun wasn't out. It was very exhausting to work in those conditions standing infront of a hot plates and stove all hours.
Pros
Lunch is divided into two lunchs
Cons
Long shifts