MARINELAND OF CANADA INC. Employee Reviews

Slowly revitalizing
Marine Mammal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 April 2019
Lots of potential and slowly reaching it under new management. Lots of bad press, but none of it is relevant.

Lots of potential for personal and professional growth. Lots of mentor-ship and team building work.

Lots of harsh working conditions in all weather but very rewarding and worth it.
Do not work here
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 April 2019
Worked here in 2016. Some nice coworkers but a lot of them are 50+ years old. The job itself isn’t too too bad but the rides are older and worn down and seem to always need repairs while on shift which takes time and gets customers mad. You’re outside in the heat but can’t complain because summer is always hot and muggy. When I worked there I got 25 hours weekly and so did everyone else but before summer started in June and July I got 40 hours weekly. Management were nice people but bad management when on shift, one of the supervisors and I got into an argument in-front of the public and thought that was highly unprofessional. When you get written up here they don’t tell you or get you to sign something, they will throw it in your face later and fire you like they did me. I got wrongfully dismissed but was within my 3 months probation so the Labour Board couldn’t do anything. I wouldn’t work here again even under different management. Stay away folks!
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Great first job
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2019
They train you to do your work. They applaud workers who care and show up to work on time. Management is good. the hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with protesters and people against zoo's.
Pros
Long hours, minimum wage
I would not recommend working here.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 January 2019
I guess through the years the name has gone down. But would not recommend working here. This is mainly because of the animals and how they are being treated in captivity.
Great Staff All Around
Marine Mammal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 December 2018
You may hear a lot of negative rumors regarding Marineland, but those rumors are false. Marineland is a great place to work and it is such a fun time.
terrible place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 November 2018
Owner was very difficult to work for. The park itself had not been updated in any way in over 25 years. . I did enjoy working with the public and with my co-workers.
Good management, poor company
Ride Operator & Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON25 September 2018
Overall the other workers are nice. But it is long days, your by yourself for most positions, your in the heat with no shade all day. If you want hours, they will give you them. Customer or "guest"s can be extremely infuriating and rude for doing your job. Overall most of management is nice, unless you've gotten on their bad side, all I have to say is there is never a shortage of drama at marineland
Pros
Lots of hours, nice management
Cons
Heat, minimal breaks, & rude customers
Great Summer Job
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 September 2018
This is a great summer job for anyone. The job itself is very fun (you get to work at an amusement park), but can be a little physically demanding (on your feet for most of the day). Most days, you go without even seeing management because the park is so big so there is a very laid back work culture. You also get to interact with customers all day, which for me, was the best part of the job. The one complaint would be that the job is extremely boring when the park is not busy. There were some days where I would work an 8 hour shift and have to operate my ride less than 10 times. Suggest brining a good book to read for those days!
Pros
Fun work environment
A fun fast paced job with lots of hard work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 September 2018
Working at Marineland was a great experience I liked working in the kiosks being able to be outside since i love the outdoors. We were a bit short staffed so we had quite a lot of long hard days alone in the kiosks. But we had a good team and we all worked hard and had a good time.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
Not organized, Not fun place to work
Food Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 August 2018
Shifts are longs, always understaffed so constantly being moved around. Very bad attitude around the restaurant. Employees don't care about the job. Management is not run smoothly, very rude. Can't take time off
Cons
long Hours, no vacation time
Quick hours, hot conditions
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chippawa, ON2 June 2018
Marineland gave me morning/afternoon shifts, I had one of two break in between my shift. People serving food changed their positions on the line every couple hours or when rush hour was happening. Two food servers, a cook, and the manager would stay back to close the resturant and prep for the morning. The hardest part of the job was the enviroment. It was very, very hot even when the sun wasn't out. It was very exhausting to work in those conditions standing infront of a hot plates and stove all hours.
Pros
Lunch is divided into two lunchs
Cons
Long shifts
No fun working with marineland dan
Night janitor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 April 2018
The owner drives his truck around the park int
The middle of busy time everyday , how stupid . Some managers shouldnt even ve there , title has gone to theier head. Especially dan dan marineland dan , such a goof .
Pros
Job when needed one
Cons
Not a good place to work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2018
Unorganized company. Multimillion dollar operation run like a mom and pop petting zoo. Outdated park and sky high prices. Employees and bosses are terrified of the owner. Nothing is maintained or kept in good repair. Not a great place to work.
Good first job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 February 2018
- Good experience
- First job, didn't know what to expect
- Made good friends
- Not too hard of work, changed jobs once in a while to learn new skills and management
Pros
Was young, didn't have a huge social life yet
Cons
Treated poorly sometimes
Very demanding
Cove Guid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 February 2018
Although I did enjoy working, it was high demand and you needed multiple eyes especially if working at friendship cove or artic cove. A lot of stress having to deal with all cultures and language barriers. Making sure things didn't enter the pools ( people's hands, children's toys, anything and everything.) keeping people out of the closed areas as well and keeping in contact with other employees, following directions. Owner comes and goes as he pleases and isn't that much of a friendly person.
Pros
Grey knowledge on marine life, experiencing contact with belugas.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, summer heat, always in your feet.
Seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2018
Great seasonal work for first time employment or for someone looking something to do.
Friendly and knowledgeable employees.
Free seasonal Fun Pass is a great way to enjoy the park.
Pros
Season pass
Cons
Hot during the summer
I Personally Worked Just to Have an Income
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 November 2017
I literally worked here for a summer job out of high school. I was in retail. It was a typical retail job. I just disagree with the way the the owner acted towards the employees and animals.
Fun job with usually something to do
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 October 2017
Job provided money for me to be able to go to college. Constant learning experiences with the constant surroundings of different cultures. Overall good job but seasonal and not the best pay
Pros
worked around my schedule
Cons
wage
Great summer job
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 October 2017
I worked at Marineland for eight summers, working the food kiosks and then the rides. I met amazing people working here and was provided with decent opportunities for work. If you can get past all the negativity Marineland has received, it is a great summer job.
Pros
steady hours, good environment
Cons
hot, the owner
Very loving Management team, fun work place
Arcade Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 August 2017
I love working at Marineland, but it is only a seasonal job. The other employees that work there are very kind and welcome. They always have a smile on there face and they are willing to help you out with anything you need. overall review it is a very nice and fun place to work for the summer.
Pros
Very nice staff
Cons
Don't know what time close is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARINELAND OF CANADA INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

MARINELAND OF CANADA INC. Reviews by Location