Marine Harvest

Marine Harvest Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Enjoyable workplace with great scenery
A typical day at work would by untying the boat from the dock and driving it over to the net (pen) that needed cleaning. We tie the boat to the pen and would use the crane and winch on the boat to lift the cleaning robot (RONC) and put it on the pen. Then we would control the robot from the boat and clean the pen while making sure the tether isn't getting caught or tangled up. After we're finished we would put the RONC in the boat, go to the next pen, and repeat the process.
Every once and a while something would break either on the boat end or the RONC end. So we would have to figure out what happened and fix the problem and find out what we have to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Management was always easy to communicate and work with.

The hardest part about the job was the eye strain from controlling the robot for hours on end.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the schedule and location. The schedule being 8 days on site and 6 days off site; and the location being on the northern coast of BC.
Pros
All on site meals were paid for.
Cons
Strenuous on my eyes.
Productive and Honest
Nice working place but lower-income . some time very low hours for working. cutting too much money for transportation.
sometime only 3 days working. I recommend others for a job there
Pros
free transportation
Marine Harvest Review
Company provides great medical benefits but salary is meek compared to the amount of responsibility given to technicians in both fresh and salt water sectors. Minimal room for advancement in the fresh water sector. Company does not provide any moving allowance/ assistance for newly hired technicians.. No hazard pay . Great co-workers. Great scenery, lots of wild marine life. Great as an experience but not as a career unless you are actually able to advance through the tech levels. Still stuck in the 1800's concerning diversity and women's rites in the workplace.
Pros
benefits, scenery
Cons
long hours, minimal pay
Five Stars
Contact customers for payment - accounts receivable
Prepared bank deposit

Covered receptionist during her lunch break

Assisted accounts payable with posting and filing
Pros
Worked with real nice people. Flexable working hours
Cons
nothing to report
Satisfying work outside and hands on.
Typical day at my job site is on the ocean and can have calm days and rough days that are very challenging. When I start a job, I always want to know everything about the job I am doing so I take a lot of pride in learning as much as possible to be safe and efficient at my job.( eg: Water quality, Feeding amounts, Equipment operation, Costs of operations, Safety awareness and more). The management team that I had to work with on a daily basis is very good, very approachable, efficient and Trust worthy. Most work days I work with only one other person, so it is very important that we get along and are able to communicate. I am a very easy person to get along with and am able to work well with most people. The hardest part of my job is that when it comes to growing fish in the ocean, I can only do what mother nature will allow to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is the environment that surrounds me, like the mountains, wildlife, fishing after work, able to bring my daughter to work, growing fish to feed the world and save the wild salmon at the same time.
Pros
The freedom to find safer and more efficient ways to perform my job.
Cons
Being away from my family 8 days at a time.
Great company
Great company to work for.

Went from grading fish, to growing fish to selling fish. Learned lots.