MARIE'S MINI MART

MARIE'S MINI MART Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Not overly strenuous or exhausting work
Not a bad place for someone 19-20 years of age to work, part time and full time opportunities, max of 40 hours a week, however little to no room for advancement within business.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
long hours without breaking
Terrible
Basically ended up doing managers job without the pay and got so fed up with being called in for shifts I wasn’t scheduled for. Constantly guilted for not being able to cover shifts if I was unavailable due to school.
Terrible management on all levels.

Do not recommend!!

Save your time and get another minimum wage job elsewhere.
Do NOT recommend
Management is completely horrible. The lady acted like she was still in high school. Talking about employees behind their backs. Threatening with write ups to get what she wanted. If she liked you, it was fine. But if she didn’t...watch out. From the beginning she gave me terrible hours for no reason. Took me off the schedule twice and cut back my hours. NOT flexible for students like they say.
Nice and peaceful work place
I had enjoyed my work there,very friendly atmosphere and very nice coworker.Manegment staff is very good and helpful.Company provides good benefits. My hardest part of the job is schedule.
Awful Place with Awful Management
I was being harassed by both a coworker and my manager, they don’t train you at all so you have to teach yourself, and they aren’t flexible if you have other commitments. I was repeatedly told off in front of customers for not knowing how to do a job that I wasn’t trained at. I have a primary job which they were told about in the interview and promised completely flexible scheduling, within the 3rd week my manger was trying to give me a set schedule and threatening to cut back on hours if I disagreed.
Not bad, lots of hours if wanted
Not a bad place to work, depending on location there’s lots of hours. Boss is reasonable, not hard to talk too. Would recommend for someone short term
Terrible management/not a positive work environment
Taken off schedule with 0 reason why, terrible boss' who care 0 for workers, if by yourself, no breaks allowed. God forbid them actually training you either. Did my first 2 shifts doing ONLY cash, was then told by manager i was going to a store on my own. Then called BACK to the store for RETRAINING?! When i confronted management, now I have 0 shifts. Do NOT work at Marie's
Taken off schedule w/o discussion, never contacted again by manager. Childish Management.
Childish management. Very rude. Thankless job. Manager talks about employees behind their backs. No advancement options. Not flexible hours for students.

Could go on.
Not to bad of a place to work.
I worked at marie's for 4 years. Management were nice. I met alot of nice people both employees and customers some of which I still interact with.
I found that as a full-time regular employee you didn't get much time to spend outside work. If you luck into getting a manager position it may be worth it, as they work mostly morning which if I had that position I probably would of stayed.
Pros
they have health benefits
Cons
staff members worked alot of evenings and weekends
Not the best
The owners didn't really seem to care about the employees. They would have stay open in blizzards and some holidays. We got robbed and the first thing asked was "how much was taken" instead of "are you okay?". They say they give you paid breaks but if you're working by yourself you don't have time to et if the store is busy.
Work at maries
It was my favorite spot to work. The manager was really easy to get along with and friendly. In the night times you had someone with you and the doors were locked so we would feel more secure. Working alone wasn't bad
Pros
Friendly coworker
Cons
Late nights
Maries
It was a typical cashier job. I learned customer service. How to count cash. There was a lot of heavy lift. Stocking beer coolers. The customers were the best.
to long ago
working at maries is too long ago to remember i dont know what to say about the place or the people all the people i worked with have either quit or went on to other jobs/school
A lot of busy work followed by a lot of downtime, your customers definitely bring out the best of the job
The company itself was great, everyone from Marie herself to other employees and branch managers were all very friendly and helpful in the process of going from knowing nothing to opening and closing a branch by yourself.
fun place to work
i loved working here.
Always given opportunities to receive more hours,

helpful staff,friendly and regular customers.

Management was always so helpful and kind.
Pros
good staff and customer base
Cons
never a place to take a break
Not Bad. Could be better.
I did like this job. When I became a manager, I found how the owners/CEO dealt with the managers was lacking. I also found out about some people's personalities that surprised me in a bad way. Once I gave that up to be assistant manager again, it wasn't so bad. It was easier to deal with. The best part was having regular customers that you could have conversations with. That really is nice. Overall, it is decent place to work.
Busy and stressful environment
I worked at a very busy store for 9 hrs alone. There was no breaks or lunch. With the situation and requirements of the job I did learn how to be a great multitasker, place/receive large orders, inventory, bank deposits and scheduling. We did have great benefits which was wonderful when you are on minimum wage.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours, no breaks/lunch
fun experience in a team environment
the customers and fellow employees is what makes you want to come to work with a smile.
Boring job with no benefits/advancement opportunities
Maries offers no benefits or discounts to their employees. They do not allow employees to take breaks on their shifts (which I think is illegal), and offer very little flexibility.
Far from home
this was good for me at the time living in newfoundland. But it was not a secure job
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
low pay