Mariam's Footsteps

Mariam's Footsteps Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Beware

This organization is for-profit. It is constantly undergoing internal structural changes and re-organizing job positions, their responsibilities, and the internal power structure. While job titles change, responsibilities are continually being added to overworked supervision and front-line staff, and middle-management without compensation appropriate for the added expectations, creating a high turnover rate, and a stressful working environment. There is a great opportunity for upward mobility in the organization if you have the ability to play into the office politics and tolerate the stresses of upper and middle management micro-managing and power stripping front-line staff.

Stressful environment

Not reputable, unreliable, changes at anytime. I've had nothing but problems with this company from the very beginning. First few times I let it go, strike 4 I am done and now on stress leave. The drivers for the company are the worst

Insights into Mariam's Footsteps

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

The worst place to work

This is the worst workplace. unprofessional management. No consistency in scheduling. Every week new schedule and any time our shift may change. very difficult to balance your work and family life. At the workplace, you are more focused on deep cleaning the house rather than client care.

Meaningful and rewarding work

Working at Mariam's Footsteps has been some of the most rewarding work I have ever done. Being able to care for and rehabilitate the vulnerable people's of society is such an incredible act to get paid for! I love going to my job and facing new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow along with the clients and co-workers. I love the consistent training and competency development the organization offers as well and the staffs in the houses are great role models.

Pros

Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Steady paperwork

Great place to work and honorable job

Good people to work for. Great atmosphere. You feel like you are making a difference in someone’s life. Lots of training and mentoring provided. Love going to work and making a difference in the lives of my clients

Toxic

This is sadly a money driven agency that burns through too many of there employees with no real gain to the clients. I have seen too many coworkers experience harassment and other horrible things,

Great organization to work for

This job has been a wonderful experience that tests patience and perseverance to allow working with clients to achieve their goals and become a functional member of society.

Stay away

Honestly the worst company anyone could work for. Management is super unorganized, rude, and inconsiderate. Scheduling changes weekly, there is no work-home balance. The turn over rate is high. There is a lot of employee drama. People gossiping about others, using things against each other, etc. I first hand witnessed the boss, team leader, and employees sit in a meeting and gossip about an employee who happened not to be in for that meeting. The drama is petty, unnecessary, and immature. They have no dress code / appearance policy’s. The appearance of your employees is a reflection of your organization and work environment. This company is run specifically as a money grab. Clients are not a priority.

Pros

You can wear pyjamas to work

Terrible agency to work for

Very unorganized! You will be told one thing and then they will change their minds and everything will change. HR staff and management are unprofessional, same with front line supervisory staff. Low wages as well compared to industry standards. No home/work life balance. I would advise others to stay clear of this agency.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, unorganized, unprofessional

Room for advancement

Alright company to work with. There's been some changes over the last year. Some have been great and some not so much. Programming sometimes doesn't know what they are doing. Can be quite demanding and with force you to do work that is actually their responsibility. Lazy. Since the role of HR has changed, there has been improvement in the approach. Fairly more relaxed and easy going which is nice. Some of the co-workers make it great to work, others you can tell just don't care. So it makes it frustrating. I really enjoy working with the clients. Honestly, the pay isn't that bad, it is better than a lot of other companies out there.

Pros

Decent wages, clients make it fun

Cons

Programming is a bit old school in their approach

worse HR department

The HR is very arrogant and rude. Most of the managers never support staff. Overall the organisation is not at all staff friendly

Management is pretty harsh, a lot of unfairness and threats. There is a lot of pressure in the field which is understandable but again when it comes to management being harsh, that makes everything hectic

I love working with high risk groups and children in the community,

I enjoy the work that I do, however I do not agree with the operations, policies and treatment of their employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and providing support to those in need.

Home like work environment

Mariam's was an interesting work place, i have learnt a lot working there and have gained a lot of experience. As a Youth Worker working in a group home setting as a home, I have been able to give youth normality. Co-workers made working in this group home bearable.

overnight

This is a sleep shift. I wake the residents in the morning and administer medication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariam's Footsteps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement