Marcon Construction Ltd.

Marcon Construction Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Marcon truly believes that their people are the core of the company. It feels like you're joining a family! I'm sure you'll see this in many reviews, but the people is what make it! Always grateful for the friendships I've made! Overall, a great place to learn and grow, in fact - it's encouraged!
Highly skilled management team, great company culture, mix of mid and highrise projects, highly recommended for young and energetic employees looking for a busy and fast paste working environment.
The Forman is good but the rest of the crew does not communicate with the TCP and the Superintendent has the TCP picking up garbage. TCP's no longer have to pick up garbage on sites where they are flagging.With the new rules that have come in to place by Ministry of Transportation has said this. At Marcon they are bringing in Temps to flag and you as a flagger are standing at a Marcon site are left out of the picture you are treated as a ghost.
There's a huge difference. One is true right and just, structured for the protection of all workers. The other is a con, a card trick, fake all the way
The corporate office was very hard to work with and to appease. Lots of made up accusations and gaslighting. I hope that they higher a better team to manage the workers at a site level
Enjoyed working with the company for a while but there is no real culture or welcoming environment. High demand of expectations for what they are willing to acknowledge.
Spent most of the work time cleaning and doing site maintenance such as prep for insulation installation, before & after drywall installation, lightweight prep, and pre clean for painting. As well as site clean up, I worked on slab on grade prep. Hardest part of the job was long drive to and from work and the long days working overtime.
I absolutely loved working for Marcon but all the buildings were at a certain point where they didn't need a general labourer so i got laid off. I started off knowing slim to nothing and they helped me with the basic tools and knowledge to find my love of work in construction and hope to be back at it as soon as i can. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was waking up at the sunrise of the day and doing something worth while with a team that worked together and I could show my skills and be appreciated as team member.
Pros
team based
Cons
nothing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marcon Construction Ltd.?