Marcon Construction Ltd.

Marcon Construction Ltd. Employee Reviews

Highly Professional Environment

It is surprisingly well-organized and managed for a company its size. Everyone has high professional standards and people are proud of doing what they are doing.The major downside of working at Marcon is the fact company is rapidly expanding while aiming for high-quality standards, so people tend to overwork as they try to achieve more than they were asked for. The company has a low tolerance for unprofessional conduct and it's nowhere near hostile or as political as other construction companies I've worked for. People are supportive if you are willing to succeed and if you are proud of the work you are doing now, then you would have no problem working for years at Marcon.

Pros

Nice people, rewarding and professional environment

Cons

Long hours, work hard culture

Work Life Balance

There is a lack of work/life balance across the company for many years. You're going to work long, hard hours including on your days off to help the different teams and you will not be appreciated for your efforts. The owners and senior managers have not done much to change it. This is the reason many people come and go as they get used and spit out.

Pros

Some people are fun to work with

Stressful

Must be willing to dedicate your life to this company? If you don’t, they’ll just treat you badly and replace you just as fast. Plan on lots and lots of “mandatory “ overtime

Lunch's and Snacks

Overall fun people I work with and they want they the best. Generally everyone is stressed out as the work load is very heavy. I have been here for a few years and have seen a lot of nice people leave because no support in their roles. The company has not done anything to hire more people and build out departments. I enjoy the work events in the year.

Pros

Work events

Cons

Long hours, heavy work load

Stay away....go back to school

This company has absolutely no regard or respect for their safety team members..superintendents are instructed by upper management to utilize cso's as laborers as much as possible....safety is NOT their top priority...saving money on labor costs is key , safety means nothin. When a major incident occurres, the whole entire management team will scapegoat the cso...this happens all the time, no one at marcon cares, this backwards thinking will not stop....this is way they conduct themselves and nothing will ever change. STAY AWAY.....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Management, lack of safety

Great place to learn and amazing work life balance

Marcon truly believes that their people are the core of the company. It feels like you're joining a family! I'm sure you'll see this in many reviews, but the people is what make it! Always grateful for the friendships I've made! Overall, a great place to learn and grow, in fact - it's encouraged!

Great company to work for

Highly skilled management team, great company culture, mix of mid and highrise projects, highly recommended for young and energetic employees looking for a busy and fast paste working environment.

Bad communications with some of the people in charge

The Forman is good but the rest of the crew does not communicate with the TCP and the Superintendent has the TCP picking up garbage. TCP's no longer have to pick up garbage on sites where they are flagging.With the new rules that have come in to place by Ministry of Transportation has said this. At Marcon they are bringing in Temps to flag and you as a flagger are standing at a Marcon site are left out of the picture you are treated as a ghost.

Marcon doesn't want Safety, Marcon just wants the Appearance of Safety

There's a huge difference. One is true right and just, structured for the protection of all workers. The other is a con, a card trick, fake all the way

Not great

The corporate office was very hard to work with and to appease. Lots of made up accusations and gaslighting. I hope that they higher a better team to manage the workers at a site level

Jobs at Marcon Construction Ltd.

See more jobs

Host events for employees but culture is lacking

Enjoyed working with the company for a while but there is no real culture or welcoming environment. High demand of expectations for what they are willing to acknowledge.

Valuable work experience while working long hours

Spent most of the work time cleaning and doing site maintenance such as prep for insulation installation, before & after drywall installation, lightweight prep, and pre clean for painting. As well as site clean up, I worked on slab on grade prep. Hardest part of the job was long drive to and from work and the long days working overtime.

Great teams and help loved working for Marcon

I absolutely loved working for Marcon but all the buildings were at a certain point where they didn't need a general labourer so i got laid off. I started off knowing slim to nothing and they helped me with the basic tools and knowledge to find my love of work in construction and hope to be back at it as soon as i can. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was waking up at the sunrise of the day and doing something worth while with a team that worked together and I could show my skills and be appreciated as team member.

Pros

team based

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcon Construction Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Marcon Construction Ltd.