March of Dimes Canada Employee Reviews for Support Services Clerk

Fantastic Company!
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON2 March 2019
MOD really cares for their employees and consumers. I love my job and thoroughly enjoy the fulfillment when my days complete. They give you the opportunity to grow as an employee and an individual.
Chaotic
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Management is Dictatorship style, They have a complete inability to honour morals, work ethic or basic human rights. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Unsupportive Management
Great workplace
Support Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 January 2019
I enjoyed my time at March of Dimes. It allowed me the ability to make a living wage while attending school. My only complaint was some of the senior staff were very hard to get along with. They would critisize new hires in a condescending way rather than try to teach them. The gossiping was terrible and to be honest the same staff could be quite cruel to the people in the home. If you brought it up to management, not much was done because they were friends with the staff. I ultimately left due to my school schedule.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Burned out staff who complained about everything
Upsetting
Support Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 March 2018
HORRID management at the King street site.... condescending, rude, not trustworthy or understanding.
Some staff bully new employees.
The actual job itself is great. When your not constantly feeling like every shift your bound to get dumped on for doing something wrong. feeling of stress anytime the boss is in the office ... can't feel good about doing your actual job... stressful
Great, excellent work environment with Wellness and Fitness Testing
Support Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridges12 March 2018
Great company to work with. A lot of opportunities to upgrade and learn. Great corporate culture and opportunity to grow. The most difficulty about this job is, rain or shine, you have to be ready to go to the consumers home. The most enjoyable part of the job is good benefit and a defined pension.
n/a
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 March 2018
I love working at this workplace. love the environment
flexible work hours, management is great. very considerate
very respectful
good commutation skills
Good Job
Support Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2017
Your typical day is Long with excellent co worker. The hardest part is getting use to the city and your schedule as it changes monthly. The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients.
Fu and productive
Support Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 August 2017
I had fun working with this company. Its the best agency Ive worked with so far in this carreer. The management , staff are so understanding. They provided a very good training.
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2017
Wonderful staff. Helpful and informative. Team players who care for the consumers. The shifts are of perfect length and management is always willing to listen and help.
Pros
Benefits/pension
Cons
All around a vary rewarding job!
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON3 July 2017
I enjoy working in this field and for this company. I work with seniors and the disabled. As a home care worker this job provides a different work environment on a daily basis. I have built a healthy working relationship with my consumers that makes each one special. Caring for them has been a treat. Working with a multi-disciplinary team has been a positive experience for myself. My colleagues are more than helpful. The pay and benefits are just a perk.
Worst place to work.
Support service attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 May 2017
Niagara area, thorold staff
Worked in HUB
They treat you like garbage
coworkers constantly are trying to get you fired. You're overworked and underpaid. Put wear as tear on vehicles with minimal compensation.
If you get hurt at work, they will harass you and demand you do anything and everything they want whether reasonable or not.

The thorold staff are absolutely horrible.

They don't work with consumers and are rude

Your managers treat you poorly

Part time gets the bad shifts, most difficult consumers and least flexibility.
Pros
Great consumers, even difficult consumers warm up to you.
Cons
Treated like garbage, dumped first chance they get, overworked, mistreated, will harass you.
Rewarding Job
Support Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON6 November 2016
March of Dimes is a place of employment where you assist people with physical disabilities with every day living tasks. This can range anywhere from personal care to cooking and cleaning.
Great company to work for
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON1 April 2016
good people to work with
very busy schedules
compared to other home care companies they are alot better
more hours
better benefits
pension plan
Excellent Employer
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON7 August 2015
MODC's main focus is to provide support services to people with physical disabilities. Staff are treated well, and benefits are great. Admin team is willing to work with staff to create schedules to balance home/work life.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
a lot of travel
An excellent team to be a part of; Great place to work
Support Services Attendant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2015
A typical day for a Support Service Attendant at March of Dimes consists of following a booking schedule and attending appointments with March of Dimes' consumers. SSAs work with the consumers in their apartment with tasks such as housekeeping, meal preparation and planning, as well as assisting with personal care tasks such as showering and toileting. Those with strong time management skills would do especially well in this work place environment. However, moving up the ladder, working more shifts and gaining seniority may prove to be difficult, as some of the employees have been employed by March of Dimes for over 20 years and receive a majority of the available shifts.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Will rank low in seniority for a long period of time, lack of shifts available due to lack of seniority
Work place Review
Service Support Attentdent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2014
Work was on a specific time schedule, everything needed to be done at certain time preferred by the consumer. This was a challenge at times, but not always.

I learned that communication overall is key, and not to take things personally as well is very important.

Co- workers were very friendly

Chatting with the consumers and being a team member was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Free lunches at meetings, friendly staff and very generous
Cons
Not enough time with each client and rush around most days
Fulfilling workplace with vast opportunities to care and love
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario29 November 2013
I wake up everyday full of energy to go out there and be blessing and source of hope to the sick and disabled souls. I help them achieve the needs of their activities of daily living in the comfort of the client's home.
We share responsibilities with a great team of workmates and supportive supervision.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile and a sense of hope to my clients. To bridge the gap and make them a meet their daily needs just like every normal person.
The hardest part is braving all kinds of weather conditions and traffic situations to try and get to my clients on time so not to disrupt their plans and daily goals.
Pros
the opportunity to give love and care
Cons
driving in unfavorable weather conditions