March of Dimes Canada Employee Reviews for SSA

3.2Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Uneducated workers, uncaring
SSA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 February 2018
The workers undermined by management.
No creditials are required, high staff turnover and back stabbing staff and malicious management.
Never does anything legally, reckless and unsafe work environment
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Crazy hours, low pay, admin has no clue what to do
March Of Dime Canada Toronto
SSA (Former Employee) –  Cooperage Toronto14 September 2016
March of Dime Canada is the worst place to work ,it is all gossiping and news carrying to management and management just sit gossip and eat free food that gossiper bring for him .they dont care about the poor consumers ,they hire people who just came in the country and are not qualified .they treat some workers like garbage because they are not gossiping.
Pros
Consumers are great
Cons
management need to stop gossiping and treat workers with respect.
Terrible place to work in St. Catharines location
SSA (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines15 June 2016
Very poor management. They treat you like cattle and as long as they have someone covering a shift they could care less how happy you are about it or if you are even able to do it. There was 0 work life balance. We were guilt tripped into taking shifts because management refused to hire more staff. If you get hired part time, you are forced to work overtime. There are no full time roles...those are given to select workers after years of working there. Being hired part time was a lie. If you get sick at work, you can forget about being able to go home sick. They wont let you and they get mad at you for it. One manager indirectly threatened me saying I wouldn't be able to become a superviser if I am the type that "gets sick". Overall this was a very degrading place to work. The workers and some supervisors were lovely but sadly have no control. The st.Cath location was a miserably run place. I did not choose to stay very long even though I loved my job very much.
Pros
Good workers and nice consumers
Cons
Forced to work more than promised, Guilt tripped for not being able to take shifts or being sick, Unqualified and miserable manager, As well as some supervisors.