March of Dimes Canada Employee Reviews for PSW

3.2Pay & Benefits
Toxic Environment
PSW (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 June 2019
Some of my coworkers were great, our CSL (person that dealt with health and safety was really good) but the clients, manager and overall work environment was super toxic. The clients got away with murder, the clients were often very unkind or demanding to staff, had habits that were detrimental to their health or ours, and the clients would often try to get to staff in trouble out of sheer boredom.

I had some amazing co-workers but two were infamous for trying to sow discord but were kept on despite the office knowning that they purposefully caused trouble. Honestly though not even my toxic co workers ever really had anything nice to say about their place of work. No one really seemed happy there except the office staff.

I worked part time and had very open availability but only got about 15 hours a week, if anything at all.

My manager was also friends with some higher ups and I had heard stories that her friendship with her boss meant that complaints about her werent taken seriously. I never felt safe complaining to higher ups about my manager because I was worried Id get in trouble.

Miserable, depressing, unsafe and toxic. By FAR the worst place I ever worked. Just miserable all around. Would highly recommend not working here.
Pros
Some very dedicated co workers
Cons
Toxic, bad management, awful clients
Psw
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON Burlington20 August 2018
Horrible “management” rude and condescending to frontline staff. Very heavy work load. Just don’t care about service on any level, poor pay for the expectations.
Under educated staff as promotions are given only to friends
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Use your own car, uncaring.
Ssa
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 June 2018
Horrible environment. Condescending and combative “management “ very unprofessional. Very difficult workload and poor pay.
Staff are backstabbers, greedy
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Too many to list
Exceptional place of employment
PSW (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 March 2017
Working with MODC is an amazing experience. I absolutely love my job. Working with the staff and consumers has been very en lighting. I have always enjoyed working there and will remain to as well