March of Dimes Canada

March of Dimes Canada Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews
the girls i work with are amazing
The hardest part of the job is when one of the consumers pass as you are with them for so many years and a bond is created with them in a professional manner. The hours are not long and they offer a half hr break which some days are not enough especially if you are full time at a building. The way the schedule is done does not leave a lot of wiggle room to change shifts when personal events happen. Overall not a bad company to work for.
fun place to work with great clients and great staff
great place to work
great clients

busy day to day

tons of learning can happen

advancement happens

pays good to start and grows pretty well on anniversary date
They will use you . But not stand by you
Went above and beyond for this company and they were very unprofessional. I would not reccomend this company to anyone . They also didnt pay me for 120 hours of work
Review
I completed my 40 volunteering hours there and it was a great learning experience. Staff and managers are down to earth and very welcoming. I strongly recommend this company.
Absolutely love my job!
If you're a psw but not wanting to work in a nursing home or take on so many people, this is the place! I never loved a job so much in my life! It's easy going, but some days will keep you busy through your shift. It all depends on where they place you as there are several locations.
if you like to work with cliques then this is the place for you
March of Dimes has lost sight of caring for the consumers first. They have put the almighty dollar ahead of everything.

If you don't fit in with a clique then you are ostracized and made you feel like an unproductive unwelcome part of the so-called team.

A few years ago March of Dimes quietly terminated administrative staff that had several years of service most had 10 or more years service with March of Dimes) and replaced them with lower paid staff.

It's also rumoured that the CEO receives a clothing allowance.

March of dimes used to be a good place to work for but unfortunately now they care more about the Mighty Dollar and less about their staff and consumers.

Most positions are dead-end positions with no room to grow.

I would not recommend March of Dimes to anyone who has experience, however if you're fresh out of school it's a great training opportunity for the real world.
Pros
Coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Too many to list
March of Dimes Canada is one of the compassionate and reliable when it come in caring with people.
Working in March of Dimes is a great experience especially in dealing a day to day basis with our clients with different kind of disabilities and personalities. Aside from practicing some medical procedure you will also appreciate more how lucky we are being healthy and complete.
One of the Best Places You'll Ever Work
If you ever get to work here, you'll never leave. The environment, staff and clients are incredible. There is so much opportunity for growth and development. Plus the management is the best.
Terrible management
Client have no respect and management don't care about staff. No health and safety is in place to protect th employees. Always short staffed workers are always over worked. Client are not independent even though it's an independent living facility
Great company
This is compassionate and great company to work for a very detailed about your clients care and Staff are appreciated well-informed and trained yearly
Wonderful and rewarding
If all employers were as compassionate and caring our world would be a finer place!
There was always support available and flexibility in schedule was an added bonus!
Great learning experience
Great for entry level learning experience. Its a non for profit organization, so you are definitely not working there for the money, because the salary and benefits are not equal to a private company.
Stressfull work environment
A typical day at work is out of control
I have learned that when people don't work together the company doesn't work

Management does not know how to manage the people that are there

The work environment is awful, people are disrespectful and rude, some show up for work whenever they want, no team work, toxic work environment

The hardest part of coming to work, is going into work

The most enjoyable part of work is getting income
Is a great place to work, l have Learned a lot see l join the organization. I am very happy be a past if it.
I love working for March dimes of Canada, I have Learned so much by go to different trainings. Will work as teams and learn from each other’s. we try out best to make sure that the consumer are be put first because that is why we are there. I love what l do l have been do it 20years . I am still ready to learn more . Because it will help me do a better job.
Collaborative and rigid training.
I learned so many skills in this organization. Some are controlled acts delegated by authorized professionals. Great teamwork. Salary rate is just okay.
Humiliating place of work
When I got hired, I had a great caring and kind manager, and unfortunately after few years she was replaced by a condenscending, untrustworthy and stressful manager! This company dont care for their employees. Its a one sided place to work for. As for the consumers? Every word they say will always be against yours. Even if they try to get "your side" Best believe, they wont care for your side. Travel mileage pay is way to low compared to the mileage you put in your car not enough to cover gas or repairs if all else breaks down. This company will look for faults in their employees and if found, you will be STALKED without your knowledge. They dont trust you after, and will have someone look over your work as if YOURE A PRISONER. With this job, the consumers are more important because they bring money to the company when you are complacent!!!.
Supervisor
A supervisor will either make the environment healthy or unhealthy. Here in Niagara, it was unhealthy. You only saw her when u did something wrong. Never any positive feedback. Staff who have been there awhile were never open to discussions of change, u were looked at in a negative way. Until a supervisor is brought in who will fully support a team, I do not recommend this MOD for employment.
One of the best companies possible
The guys at March of Dimes Canada are just fantastic :)
The environment is very nice indeed!!!

The work life balance is to die for.

Honestly, one needs to go many miles to find company that good :)
Not worth it
Hours arent guaranteed, hard to balance a life when hours are all over the map. They have you out until 1030/11 at night when you have kids at home. You're also told you have every other weekend off but are put on the schedule every weekend.
Should be better than 3
I enjoy working with clients. I like my coworkers. I feel like I can make a difference in the lives of the clients BUT this organization is old. Old in their approach to services and their attitudes towards staff. Management who negotiate contracts with funders promise more than staff can provide to secure contracts but won't hire enough people to fulfill the contracts.
Clients are great but Office Managers are unorganized and cliquey.
I LOVED this job, most of the clients are amazing.
But when an issue arouse with an individual who was being supported, I brought it to managements attention. I was then let go.

The office staff is very cliquey and unorganized. You could be in Fort Erie for one client, NOTL for the next and then back to Fort Erie.

It’s a shame they don’t better support their staff, it was amazing and rewarding work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at March of Dimes Canada. Our community is ready to answer.