Marble Slab Creamery

Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews

Free ice cream, but high-stress environment

Multiple rounds of employees were fired within the first two months of opening, simply for being mediocre (while being paid minimum wage and receiving mediocre training). Some employees were also fired for using their phones during a 5-minute bathroom break or for having them on their person during their shift. You were expected to constantly be doing something, even when there was nothing left to do because you had already cleaned all of the obscure places you could think of and done a full inventory and refilled everything possible. Overall, not worth the stress.

Pros

Free ice cream

Cons

Extremely stressful

Dont do it

I personally wouldn’t recommend this job, manager only gave closing shifts, wanted part time but would give 5 days a week 5-7 hours with no breaks. You’re standing for most, Loved my coworkers but management needs to do better.

Cons

- No breaks -Only closing shifts -Management sucked

My absolute favorite job

There's a reason why I stayed for 3 years. It was really that amazing. The team is so warm and welcoming. So much so, we became close friends outside of work and planned occasional holiday events with just the staff.

Pros

Free ice cream

Cons

Busy during the summer but do-able

Great place to work!

Who doesn't love ice cream!? Great owners and great staff. The customers were always great too! This is a great student job as they can work around school schedules!

Not a nice place.

Manager and owner are rude and they expect you to do everything for them. No respect for employees and no sense of professionalism. When working all the staff are stressed and worried about doing something wrong.

Cons

Depressing environment

Terrible place

I don’t recommend working here. The owners have no idea what they’re doing, they treat their employees extremely terrible! No benefits whatsoever and the managers are very mean

Cons

Management, hours, tips

Clean workplace with Great Management

Marble Slab is popular so usually the day is filled with a list of tasks to complete and work on while there are no customers in the store. I learned lots about food prep and presentation, as well as learning to supervise others as my first supervisor position when i was young. The Management depends on the store, but location #18 in Shawnessy was wonderful with clear communication and overwhelming support. The only downside is the unending line that forms out the door during hot summer days.

Pros

nice staff, free ice cream

Cons

rude and impatient guests, busy days

A workplace where I could be creative

Loved decorating ice cream cakes and making a wide variety of ice cream desserts. Fun summer job. Fast paced on busy days and more relaxed on slow days, but there was always something to do!

Busy, stressful, handwork, good coworkers.

Everyone working here is awesome. This job can be hard work, especially when you work alone throughout the day and have to balance several tasks (serving, cleaning, making cones, ice cream production, cakes, cupcakes etc.)

fast paced on some days

it was a good experience, however not many available hours. on busy days you have to work fast paced, but on usual days it's not stressful. the work is pretty easy it's just ice cream scooping.

Good

It was very relaxed, was an easy student job during the year! I really enjoyed the work, it was simple, hours were flexible. Only complaint was they were a bit strict.

mediocre part time job

the one i worked at in particular had horrible owners that did not care about the employees and did not treat them fairly. not much training provided, but flexible hours.

I had an amazing time working there and made good friends.

I would go in, and I would start serving the clients. Maybe refill the Fridge with ice cream cakes. This job was a really good experience and loved working with my peers. I made really good friends here.

Pros

50% off on store products

Cons

At times, long hours of work.

Terrible and Disorganized

Manager was terribly disorganized, she completely forgot she had an interview with me, she would tell me to call her about when I should come in, she would forget who I was on the phone, she gave me the opposite hours than my availability, and she laid me off after I came in for 1 shift. I still haven't even gotten paid yet for the one shift I did, if you ever apply to marble slab in Ontario. Don't Do It.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, disorganized manager

Great Startup Environment

Great work environment for a first job. The job itself is not considered difficult though at times could get hectic. The environment is self monitored which gives you great experience in self organization.

Friendly staff but disorganized management

At marble slab, the store was organized and the staff were very friendly and easy to approach in regards to any questions or inquiries. However, upper management could be more organized.

busy, stressful workplace

I worked here through the summer, the busiest months. during this time it is stressful and fast paced. the employees and management at this job were pretty good. it is hard work and it gets tiring but during the summer there is opportunity for a lot of hours.

fun

working there is fun and enjoyable. I met lot of new people and friends. all the ice cream flavours are secret home made. prices are not expensive, they are not expensive yet tasty. i love working with fast environment like this kind of restaurant. aside from fun, I also developed my skills here.

productive and fun work environment

Working at marble slab gave me a lot of experience and i appreciate all the time i worked there, my co-workers became more than friends, they are family.

So far overall excellent

Doing inventory, doing production and doing inventory. Helping the customer what they need, handling cash till.cleaning the whole store,opening and closing.

Excellent

Very good working experience, the owners were very nice to work with. It was a fast paced job. I got to experience closing by myself. I would recommend working at marble slab

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marble Slab Creamery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement