Maple Reinders Constructors Ltd. Employee Reviews

Light workload
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2019
this job had a very light workload right from the beginning. I felt that the work that was available needed to be distributed differently and amoung less people
Suprised they still exist in Alberta.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Calgary.26 February 2019
Management at the higher level stink. they use the word Integrity which means honesty, uprightness, probity, rectitude and honour, I found none of these values in this company,
Nepotism and Dutch favouritism rife in Edmonton and Calgary. Un skilled and unprofessional project managers is usually the normal.
Steer clear.
Pros
Long hours if your hourly paid and like working long hours
Cons
very long hours on salaried site staff, lazy un helpfull project managers
Bad Management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
The now regional manager progressed after failing in every position he was given.
Office staff are very hard to work for.
Have to be Dutch or related to progress.
Pros
Cons
Been micro managed by unskilled and inexperienced office staff.
Great work place and productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 January 2018
I loved this job. It taught me about character development, working hard and taking orders. It gave me the confidence that I needed. I only worked here a short time, as I finished my project.
Pros
good environment, Great supervisor
Cons
Sometimes workers are not safety oriented.
Very sterile environment
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
This company is run on fear and back stabbing. You cannot speak your mind in fear of being fired. They rule with an iron fist and believe in the top down structure like a pyramid. Everyone is afraid of losing their job and they go through staff like crazy. They seem to hire people to see if they can be submissive to their rule.
I would not suggest applying here..not a healthy environment.
Pros
none to speak of
Cons
see above
Good place
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2016
Poured concrete. Framed walles. Formed footing. Finished floors. Wall. Footings. I have. Many ticket. Like propane. Cpr. Telahander. Operator. Iam always on time. Good with others. I can lead. If need be. I can run any machine. Or tool. I think i would be a good indiction to your company. Thx. Mike
Pros
Love the work
Strong ethics & values
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
Maple Reinders is a company possessing strong ethics and values. As a rapidly growing family run business, it is nice to see that the family culture and beliefs have not been compromised.
Pros
On-site fitness centre, free coffee and Christmas gift days
Cons
Inconsistent processes
Decent company
PIPEFITTER (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 November 2015
Work was ok, needs some organization. New company to the lower mainland so its to be expected.Would work there again if they had the work to continue.
All depends upon the supervisor.
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  ON19 November 2013
The company has gotten big enough that the workers are just numbers. Experience will vary greatly based on who the current supervisor of each project is. About 75% of promotions are based on if you drink/are buddies with the supervisor. Quantity over quality rules. This philosophy often causes problems for the next person/crew who follows up behind. This leads to a level of frustration and is a source of internal loathing. Don't expect something that causes a loss of money or productivity to be noticed.
Pros
Honest pay. Okay benefits. Some great co-workers.
Cons
Be gone weeks at a time from home. Whether you work hard or sleep, it's rarely noticed.
Active and friendly environment to work in.
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2013
A day at the office is always very busy and includes visits to job sites and sub trade meetings. I leant how to shuffle multiple design and project issues simultaneously without compromising schedule.

Management is very helpful and readily available when needed to help with any project related issues.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep projects within schedule and budget especially when under pressure to complete within scheduled time frame.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the whole process from conception to completion when seeing things come together.
Pros
friendly environment
Workplace with own desk and computer
IT Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2013
I did this as a coop program while i was in my high school. I worked there for a semester so i would say about 4 months.I used to start at 8 and I would be done at 5. I've learned alot from working there. I learned how to fix pc and laptops. My co-workers were older then me and they were done their university. Working there was fun and i wouldn't say there was any hard part of the job.
good company golf tourny safety bonus christmas party
Site Foreman/Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2012
good people, safty concious ,good management treat people good hardest part of the job was going in on my day off to fuel heaters
Pros
rrsp good site superintendt to work with
Cons
working on sundays
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC11 October 2012
While working for Maple Rinders I laid pipe and made building foundations. Everyone was really nice. There was not anything too hard. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short term
not a good place to work
Journeyman Carpenter/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2012
as a carpenter there you don't get the proper tools to do your job.also mangement micro manges your jobs and subcontractors making the job go twice as long.
Cons
long hours, no travel or loa

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Reinders Constructors Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Maple Reinders Constructors Ltd. Reviews by Location