Maple Reinders Constructors

Maple Reinders Constructors Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Exciting projects to work on, fun, challenging environment. Room to advance. Always work to do, collaborative team and innovative work to be a part of.
my day to day consisted of organizing 3 kitchens in the morning, setting up meeting rooms when required with coffee etc. ordering office supplies or toners for copiers. I worked on the front desk from 9am until 4pm attending to incoming calls; greeting visitors including couriers, distributing mail; making calls out to trades on job bids etc,
Pros
friendly culture
I enjoyed my time there but I felt restricted and communication was not that great. There always seemed to be a power struggle going on and it was hard to grow into the company core.
A good and strong team work this a good company to work for good listener willing to learni will love to work here of anywhere else in the Hamilto I would recommend working here
it was an okay place to work they had different trades on site stories i liked different roles to learn and they were awesome people who treats their workers equally
Loved working at Maple, they just needed more work in western Canada. Would go back if given the opportunity. Enjoyed the company vibe and family atmosphere.
Management has been open with their employees through town hall meetings and my manager gives me the freedom to make decisions on my own. The environment is fun, laid back positive.
Enjoyed my time there. Was a good company. Good group of guys to work around. Worked all around BC which was cool. Pay was pretty decent and the work environment was good.
Pros
Overtime lots
Cons
Not steady work at times
Lack of diversity, no strategic plan for the future, majority of employees are from the same church, CEO basis strategic decisions on how they will impact the churches they work with.
No leadership, no work and very bad culture. Everything you don’t want in a company. The staff turnover is incredibly high and any one who is good leaves once they’ve figured out they made a mistake accepting a position in the first place.
Pros
Cons
All of the above.
this job had a very light workload right from the beginning. I felt that the work that was available needed to be distributed differently and amoung less people
Management at the higher level stink. they use the word Integrity which means honesty, uprightness, probity, rectitude and honour, I found none of these values in this company,
Nepotism and Dutch favouritism rife in Edmonton and Calgary. Un skilled and unprofessional project managers is usually the normal.

Steer clear.
Pros
Long hours if your hourly paid and like working long hours
Cons
very long hours on salaried site staff, lazy un helpfull project managers
The now regional manager progressed after failing in every position he was given.
Office staff are very hard to work for.

Have to be Dutch or related to progress.
Pros
Cons
Been micro managed by unskilled and inexperienced office staff.
not too many bad days on a maple reinders worksite. very family oriented dutch company so you will never work a Sunday. lots of perks and benefits for employees
I loved this job. It taught me about character development, working hard and taking orders. It gave me the confidence that I needed. I only worked here a short time, as I finished my project.
Pros
good environment, Great supervisor
Cons
Sometimes workers are not safety oriented.
This company is run on fear and back stabbing. You cannot speak your mind in fear of being fired. They rule with an iron fist and believe in the top down structure like a pyramid. Everyone is afraid of losing their job and they go through staff like crazy. They seem to hire people to see if they can be submissive to their rule.
I would not suggest applying here..not a healthy environment.
Pros
none to speak of
Cons
see above
Poured concrete. Framed walles. Formed footing. Finished floors. Wall. Footings. I have. Many ticket. Like propane. Cpr. Telahander. Operator. Iam always on time. Good with others. I can lead. If need be. I can run any machine. Or tool. I think i would be a good indiction to your company. Thx. Mike
Pros
Love the work
Cons
Good company and good supervisors. it gives me more experience and skills in construction safety and skills. The company office is in Kelowna and the main office is in Missisuaga, Ontario and one in Langley, BC.
Maple Reinders is a company possessing strong ethics and values. As a rapidly growing family run business, it is nice to see that the family culture and beliefs have not been compromised.
Pros
On-site fitness centre, free coffee and Christmas gift days
Cons
Inconsistent processes
Work was ok, needs some organization. New company to the lower mainland so its to be expected.Would work there again if they had the work to continue.
The company has gotten big enough that the workers are just numbers. Experience will vary greatly based on who the current supervisor of each project is. About 75% of promotions are based on if you drink/are buddies with the supervisor. Quantity over quality rules. This philosophy often causes problems for the next person/crew who follows up behind. This leads to a level of frustration and is a source of internal loathing. Don't expect something that causes a loss of money or productivity to be noticed.
Pros
Honest pay. Okay benefits. Some great co-workers.
Cons
Be gone weeks at a time from home. Whether you work hard or sleep, it's rarely noticed.