Maple Lodge Farms

Maple Lodge Farms Pay & benefits reviews

Canada96 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Fair salary with good health benefits

good unionized work place. good health benefit. some plant managers are uneducated and unprofessional. They will gift you a wrist watch if you work more than 30 years or so :D

Productive, qualitative.

I really like working at maple lodge farms. This was my first work in Canada and I felt extremely good in this fast paced, family environment. Everyone treats very nicely accept they are strict with their timings. This was the other that I liked about maple lodge farms. They are all very helpful and nice to me.I want to join them again after completing my studies.

Pros

Free coffee

It’s a good place to work with different cultures of people.You’re always happy there.

Great place to work with hard working people.Mostly,seniority were very supportive to new people who are still learning.I will always recommend this Company to everyone.Also,benefits are good and they offer individual pension plans.

Pros

Free coffee

Fun to work in with other peolpe

Its fun to work at maplelodge..you can enjoy ur 10% discount at the chickenshop if you are an employee.when the pandemic is worst they give all the employee extra saving every friday I think it last for almost 10weeks(giiftcards, a box of chicken,t-shirt,etc).

Pros

Free lunch on employee appreciation day

Cons

Sometimes you work overtime

Location is neat and clean

I worked in new shipping warehouse in mississauga.It is very clean and neat.HR and Union Guy are below average.Not much stressful especially after probation.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Union, Hr

Nice place to work

If you’re looking for a secure company Maple Lodge Farm is the place, nice place to work with, clean place, safe as well and a large place it is a big company.

Pros

Good pay in terms of salary

Stressful and it was tiring.

A typical day of work at Maple Lodge Farms was stressful and tiring. I learned customer service at Maple Lodge Farms. The management was poor at Maple Lodge Farms.The workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part about the job is unloading the packages. The best part of the job was customer service.

Pros

Continuos work

Cons

Long hours, Stressful, Tiring

I would highly recommend anyone to work here because they are a very amazing company.

They are an excellent company, they take care of their employees, they cover full benefits, and the workers there are very friendly. The management are very good and friendly.

Great place to work at

A typical day would be working with your team and continuing to learn and practice previous skills. It is long hours which is the only downfall but the salary makes it worth it.

Not good

Nothing to share the working environment is terrible and the chicken blood smell daily slowly paralyzes your health. Favoritism exist to long time staff and those under the union.

Fun for special events memebers

Working on the Special Events Team was awesome, i got to attend events like the Honda Indy, the CNE, and rib-fest's across the GTA. Working in a team environment and promoting delicious food.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

odd hours

look elsewhere

live haul driver ad says 32 a hour.. joke to hook u in .. paid by load .. flat rate .. if u go far no mileage paid.. trucks well if can find one that works.. its a free for all . yard and parking lot a disaster .. management total garbage .. running company into the ground

Pros

Cons

lots

productive environment

Maple Lodge is a good place to work with. unfortunately you have no chance to move up if you have no connections. the salary is good and benefits is decent.

productive and workplace soso

this is very hard work place, do not try if you can't work for long hours, you need to buy something to management team member to have a good job position.

Pros

eat lunch like a soldier, need to eat very fast

Cons

need to bought a gift to management team for having good position

Live haul driver

I'm very generous giving 2 starts.. sound good when u see $25 -$32 hr. They dont mention it take 2 years to get full salary.. means u r stuck with 80% til 2 years after they hire u. U never get steady schedule. Every day is different . Some days u start evenings or nights or maybe early morning. Who knows not even themself.. they pay u $194 a day. Even u go to Windsor or ottawa or maybe london area. Be prepare to get chicken poo in u clothes or even u face. . End of you shift u have to drive to the kill line and wash u trailer full of chicken poo..not even mention about equipment. U gonna spend 1 hr trying to find out what tractor is good to be on the road..when you bring these issues to managent they just told you " you could be replace" Nice job budd .. good luck trying to find drivers who want to be underpaid.

productive and fun work place

A very well managed company, long hours, the job is not too bad if you know what you're doing. The work stays at work is relatively stress free. Would recommend working there.

Pros

yearly tow free lunches, good benefits

Cons

lay offs

A well paid and enjoyable job with helpful and reliable team members.

A fun if a times boring environment. All the team members were friendly and helped out. The only fault would be the long hours lasting from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. As this was just a summer job, and was only every weekend in all it wasn't bad and offered good pay.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Work Days

Live Recieving/Rotator...Horribleeee

It could be much better if they actually cared about people!! You are handling live chicken in a crate for 8 hours a day at a fast pace you can't even stop for to long to catch your breath or get a drink of water. Your back kills you when you start to learn like literally!!! Or your legs which ever part of your body you forgot to train at the gym(NotAJoke). What makes it 10 times worse is the breaks and lunches. After handling birds Pooing on you, feathers flying into your eyeballs and standing with your back or legs or w.e pain you have, you must wash up and change your outfit, mind you they time you as soon as they say stop so by the time you wash up and change maybe 5 mins or more has gone. You sit down for maybe 7-8 minutes then you have to be back at your station on the stroke of 15 ready to go...So even before you could say "I Love Canada" your back on the line at it again for a few hours until you have to do it all over again and the same goes for Lunch as well they should give you an extra 5 minutes to wash and change is that asking to much ?! Employees would work even harder if they could catch there breath and recover a bit. If You can make it out of the first week all credit to you!! I Hope Management reads this and has a bit or alot of "Sympathy" if not they can always keep hiring new people and retraining them at there own expense!!

Pros

Good Benifits, Pay Raises, Incentives, Hours, People

Cons

Breaks & Lunches not long enough for a dirty hard working individual, A Chance to catch your breath or go to the washroom/get a drink

Worst Place to Work (Production)

If management wasn’t so horrible and non educated maybe the place would be better to work. You address a issue to management and you get ignored, if your aren’t a favourite and suck up you go no where. Union same thing they are there for the company not you. Great place if your really stuck and need the job and money but you will work for your money it’s dirty and smells. Breaks and lunches aren’t 15mins and 30mins as you gotta be at your station ready to go so it’s actually 10mins and 20mins. Seniority at work is non existent as employees have been there for 25 years plus and are in their 40’s. Vacation request forms are a joke as the older staff get all the good weeks and you don’t get any good weeks even if you have a special event. I hope this review makes you question the job, I never write reviews but I don’t want others going In blinded like I did and get a rude awakening like I did. I wish someone had told me what the company was really like I would’ve made a other decision on applying here.

Pros

Hours are great, over time if wanted when offered, alright benefits if you stay there long enough

Cons

Management is atrocious, dirty hard work, lay offs somestimes 3 days a week

Good for Students

Great place to work if its your first job, accommodating for school schedules. Easy job to understand and good training available. Only pays minimum wage

truck delivery driver

liked the company and the customers enjoyed being on the open road doing my deliveries and liked my fellow truck drivers great benefits and pension options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Lodge Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8