Maple Lodge Farms

Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

It’s a good place to work with different cultures of people.You’re always happy there.

Great place to work with hard working people.Mostly,seniority were very supportive to new people who are still learning.I will always recommend this Company to everyone.Also,benefits are good and they offer individual pension plans.

Pros

Free coffee

Military like rule implementation. Management and union connivance in firing employees

Everyday is stressful even before I arrive at the farm. Thinking what is the job waiting for me that day. They don’t listen to your needs, not have enough tools make your work easier.

Not Great

Pay is decent for the job however working at a slaughterhouse is about as glamorous as you can imagine. The yard is dirty snd messy. The smell and sights are unforgettable and the ammonia will burn your eyes. Management is absent as I only ever met my manager once in person in the year that I was there. Very strange to not bother putting in any face to face contact with the people that report to you. Many employees seemed to have a chip on their shoulder and would be rude. Turnover was brutal as it seemed like a revolving door constantly

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stinky workplace, long hours, brutal turnover

Learned alot from this place

Maintenance welder It was awesome experience Worked under red seal Learned alot that boosted my growth in my field cool system to be in. Upgrades

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, upgrading and learning from above belts as well as red seal personnels

Cons

Walking on the rocks lol

productive and different people and culture

you should be on time , hardworking . physically and mentally fitted to be productive and flexible in every individual and work as a team with respect.

Pros

gifts and bonus in the end of the year

Cons

start early morning at 3:am to afternoon

Not straight forward environment

During my work l learn some things have not seen all my years if working experience, they don't like saying thing as it. I Can never recommend anyone, is just a wasted effort and time

Fun to work in with other peolpe

Its fun to work at maplelodge..you can enjoy ur 10% discount at the chickenshop if you are an employee.when the pandemic is worst they give all the employee extra saving every friday I think it last for almost 10weeks(giiftcards, a box of chicken,t-shirt,etc).

Pros

Free lunch on employee appreciation day

Cons

Sometimes you work overtime

Location is neat and clean

I worked in new shipping warehouse in mississauga.It is very clean and neat.HR and Union Guy are below average.Not much stressful especially after probation.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Union, Hr

Productive and fun place.

Very challenging, friendly atmosphere, diverse knowledge about customer requirements, difference of opinion and understanding sometimes where management was concerned, positive workplace culture, mechanical breakdowns due to old equipment, employees would go the extra mile whenever customer orders went beyond expectation.

no support or direction given

no communication, no direction and no inclusivity. as a new employee treated as 'plug and play' without any guidance, direction and minimal communication. the only family MLF cares about are the ones that run the company.

Pros

n/a

Cons

long hours, at expense of family

Nice place to work

If you’re looking for a secure company Maple Lodge Farm is the place, nice place to work with, clean place, safe as well and a large place it is a big company.

Pros

Good pay in terms of salary

Stay Away

If i could give this place negative zero stars I would. I had a video call interview due to Covid-19. The next day I went for tour of the site. They made it seem like they were ready to hire me, 2 weeks pass and then an email that they won't be moving forward with me. There is an extremely high turn over rate at this place, don't waste your time.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Stressful and it was tiring.

A typical day of work at Maple Lodge Farms was stressful and tiring. I learned customer service at Maple Lodge Farms. The management was poor at Maple Lodge Farms.The workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part about the job is unloading the packages. The best part of the job was customer service.

Pros

Continuos work

Cons

Long hours, Stressful, Tiring

good location

it was good company, also team members were very co-operative and I had a good experience there. The location was a bit messy but workload was handleable. overall it was nice to experience.

I would highly recommend anyone to work here because they are a very amazing company.

They are an excellent company, they take care of their employees, they cover full benefits, and the workers there are very friendly. The management are very good and friendly.

Place full of snitches, back stabbers and butt kissers

If your planning to work at MLF be prepared to kiss butts and mingle with back stabbers, work was pathetic, Union Rep will not represent you in anyway he is well fed by management and also favor hungry Union Steward feels all mighty and powerful. I got injured there when i was a temp, still came to work knowing that there are light duties that i can work on until my injury heals. At the end of the week, the higher ups of production called me to the office and gave me the boot with the excuse of poor performance. Don't work there unless you are really desperate.

Terrible management and horrible HR

This company was well managed when the owners were involved,they truly cared about the workers and took pride in their company. Over the last 10+years management is from terrible to horrible! They are only concerned about their pocket books(the truth has to be told) Where does Maple Lodge find the people that are working in HR? They have absolutely no respect for their workers!! Keep on hiring management this way Maple Lodge and you’ll find yourself in a hole sooner than later! Management does not accept opinions on how to get the job done in a more cost efficient and productive way.They feel that if they have the degree they know everything and that is truly not the case just ask anybody that has been there long enough and ask how they feel about management!

I enjoyed working in the construction dept.

i started in the construction dept. and eventually moved on to maintenance and i enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot, got paid well and had fun working along some good all around guys. Here you are exposed to the entire plant and not stuck in one department all day, the jobs you do are all over the plant so you are never in the same place. The boss of the electrical dept. When i worked there was brutal to work for. He had no idea how to manage or even talk to other people without trying to intimidate you but made himself look like a typical 40 year old still living in his moms house. The mechanical management was a solid guy who had his head on his shoulders unlike the electrical dept. (But the boss othat i worked for is no longer there so im sure it is managed much better than it was. All in all its a good place to work. I enjoyed working there and probably never shojld have quit.

fast paced but easy going

As long as you do your job and respond to production calls in a timely manner there's no pressure or stress. They give you a chance to learn and improve but training and support are a bit lacking. Overall it's good working atmosphere as long as you don't mind the smell of blood.

A good group of employees.

Most jobs I find are defined by the people who work beside you. I enjoy being with people I worked with at Maple Lodge and enjoy doing the work just as much.

Pros

Team Spirit

Cons

The basic downfalls of working with live animals, seeing them when they don’t do well.

Maple Lodge Farms, was a nice place to work the people there were really friendly and helped my transmission. I had a lot to learn, but I was very eager and happy that I got the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Lodge Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement