Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

no comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2019
no review, i haven't been there long enough, this was only a 3 month contract i haven't been there long enough to inform a opinion it does seem like a nice place to work in
Live haul driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton25 January 2019
I'm very generous giving 2 starts.. sound good when u see $25 -$32 hr. They dont mention it take 2 years to get full salary.. means u r stuck with 80% til 2 years after they hire u. U never get steady schedule. Every day is different . Some days u start evenings or nights or maybe early morning. Who knows not even themself.. they pay u $194 a day. Even u go to Windsor or ottawa or maybe london area. Be prepare to get chicken poo in u clothes or even u face. . End of you shift u have to drive to the kill line and wash u trailer full of chicken poo..not even mention about equipment. U gonna spend 1 hr trying to find out what tractor is good to be on the road..when you bring these issues to managent they just told you " you could be replace" Nice job budd .. good luck trying to find drivers who want to be underpaid.
Terrible place to work, I would advise that one only consider this place as a last resort
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2019
The night shift supervisors rely on bullying tactics and intimidation; and after a few months working there considering how drastic my health deteriorated I realized none of it was worth it.
Pros
Cons
Poor health conditions and Management
Your typical Food Processing Company
Process Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norval, ON1 December 2018
This was your average food processor, not a bad company not the best either. Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement, rather gendered in terms of a mostly middle-aged male management team.
Good place for improving communication skills
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2018
I learned a lot from there. I improved my every skill over like communication skills, problem-solving skills, and many more. they taught me how to tackle with difficult situations.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Less hours
productive and fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston Churchill, Brampton5 November 2018
A very well managed company, long hours, the job is not too bad if you know what you're doing. The work stays at work is relatively stress free. Would recommend working there.
Pros
yearly tow free lunches, good benefits
Cons
lay offs
NO fun to work there
Sanitation Crew (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2018
I worked there 3 weeks as a sanitation crew, the place is a mess, stinky and harmful of your health, if you can not find anything or you have no other option then you can try. But be careful about one tall Supervisor who supervise at night.
All about the work
Special Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 August 2018
It was a decent place to work. Always kept busy.

Lots of Canada travel which is fun. Summers the workload it huge as that is when the majority of the events are taking place.
Nice place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2018
I learned more about BRC. Managment at the high level is very good. could have a better work culture.
the most enjoyable part of the job is employee appreciate days and Christmas party
A well paid and enjoyable job with helpful and reliable team members.
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 April 2018
A fun if a times boring environment. All the team members were friendly and helped out. The only fault would be the long hours lasting from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. As this was just a summer job, and was only every weekend in all it wasn't bad and offered good pay.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Work Days
Live Recieving/Rotator...Horribleeee
Live Recieving/Rotator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 April 2018
It could be much better if they actually cared about people!! You are handling live chicken in a crate for 8 hours a day at a fast pace you can't even stop for to long to catch your breath or get a drink of water. Your back kills you when you start to learn like literally!!! Or your legs which ever part of your body you forgot to train at the gym(NotAJoke). What makes it 10 times worse is the breaks and lunches. After handling birds Pooing on you, feathers flying into your eyeballs and standing with your back or legs or w.e pain you have, you must wash up and change your outfit, mind you they time you as soon as they say stop so by the time you wash up and change maybe 5 mins or more has gone. You sit down for maybe 7-8 minutes then you have to be back at your station on the stroke of 15 ready to go...So even before you could say "I Love Canada" your back on the line at it again for a few hours until you have to do it all over again and the same goes for Lunch as well they should give you an extra 5 minutes to wash and change is that asking to much ?! Employees would work even harder if they could catch there breath and recover a bit. If You can make it out of the first week all credit to you!! I Hope Management reads this and has a bit or alot of "Sympathy" if not they can always keep hiring new people and retraining them at there own expense!!
Pros
Good Benifits, Pay Raises, Incentives, Hours, People
Cons
Breaks & Lunches not long enough for a dirty hard working individual, A Chance to catch your breath or go to the washroom/get a drink
Worst Place to Work (Production)
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2018
If management wasn’t so horrible and non educated maybe the place would be better to work. You address a issue to management and you get ignored, if your aren’t a favourite and suck up you go no where. Union same thing they are there for the company not you.

Great place if your really stuck and need the job and money but you will work for your money it’s dirty and smells. Breaks and lunches aren’t 15mins and 30mins as you gotta be at your station ready to go so it’s actually 10mins and 20mins.

Seniority at work is non existent as employees have been there for 25 years plus and are in their 40’s. Vacation request forms are a joke as the older staff get all the good weeks and you don’t get any good weeks even if you have a special event.

I hope this review makes you question the job, I never write reviews but I don’t want others going In blinded like I did and get a rude awakening like I did. I wish someone had told me what the company was really like I would’ve made a other decision on applying here.
Pros
Hours are great, over time if wanted when offered, alright benefits if you stay there long enough
Cons
Management is atrocious, dirty hard work, lay offs somestimes 3 days a week
National Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2018
I worked at maple lodge for 10 years great place with lots of friendly people. The owners are extemely involved and great people. Overall a great place to work if you dont mind the chicken smell.
Good for Students
Team Lead Hand of Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
Great place to work if its your first job, accommodating for school schedules. Easy job to understand and good training available. Only pays minimum wage
truck delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2017
liked the company and the customers

enjoyed being on the open road doing my deliveries

and liked my fellow truck drivers

great benefits and pension options
Fun for your first job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2017
Great place for students and as a first job as you learn quite a lot about customer service and retail. The people and environment are a lot of fun as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
fun place to work
Maple operator/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2017
very clean and good environment to work the co workers there are always willing to help they treat you like family no matter where from you always be welcomed
outlet
Retail/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 August 2017
slow sloppy management is crazy the never listen the don't pay enough for the work and service provided they don't offer most basic benefits or room for advancement
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
bad supervisors
beneficial and fun summer student job
Special Events Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 August 2017
A great student job that allowed me to travel and create many connections. Staff was exceptional. Although scheduled for long shifts and very physically demanding. I found it to be exhausting but a phenomenal summer overall.
Work culture.
AR Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
Productivity of each employee depends on the work culture.It is not only financial incentive but the work environment also enhances the morlae of each employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Lodge Farms. Our community is ready to answer.