Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

Live Recieving/Rotator...Horribleeee
Live Recieving/Rotator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 April 2018
It could be much better if they actually cared about people!! You are handling live chicken in a crate for 8 hours a day at a fast pace you can't even stop for to long to catch your breath or get a drink of water. Your back kills you when you start to learn like literally!!! Or your legs which ever part of your body you forgot to train at the gym(NotAJoke). What makes it 10 times worse is the breaks and lunches. After handling birds Pooing on you, feathers flying into your eyeballs and standing with your back or legs or w.e pain you have, you must wash up and change your outfit, mind you they time you as soon as they say stop so by the time you wash up and change maybe 5 mins or more has gone. You sit down for maybe 7-8 minutes then you have to be back at your station on the stroke of 15 ready to go...So even before you could say "I Love Canada" your back on the line at it again for a few hours until you have to do it all over again and the same goes for Lunch as well they should give you an extra 5 minutes to wash and change is that asking to much ?! Employees would work even harder if they could catch there breath and recover a bit. If You can make it out of the first week all credit to you!! I Hope Management reads this and has a bit or alot of "Sympathy" if not they can always keep hiring new people and retraining them at there own expense!!
Pros
Good Benifits, Pay Raises, Incentives, Hours, People
Cons
Breaks & Lunches not long enough for a dirty hard working individual, A Chance to catch your breath or go to the washroom/get a drink
Worst Place to Work (Production)
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2018
If management wasn’t so horrible and non educated maybe the place would be better to work. You address a issue to management and you get ignored, if your aren’t a favourite and suck up you go no where. Union same thing they are there for the company not you.

Great place if your really stuck and need the job and money but you will work for your money it’s dirty and smells. Breaks and lunches aren’t 15mins and 30mins as you gotta be at your station ready to go so it’s actually 10mins and 20mins.

Seniority at work is non existent as employees have been there for 25 years plus and are in their 40’s. Vacation request forms are a joke as the older staff get all the good weeks and you don’t get any good weeks even if you have a special event.

I hope this review makes you question the job, I never write reviews but I don’t want others going In blinded like I did and get a rude awakening like I did. I wish someone had told me what the company was really like I would’ve made a other decision on applying here.
Pros
Hours are great, over time if wanted when offered, alright benefits if you stay there long enough
Cons
Management is atrocious, dirty hard work, lay offs somestimes 3 days a week
National Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2018
I worked at maple lodge for 10 years great place with lots of friendly people. The owners are extemely involved and great people. Overall a great place to work if you dont mind the chicken smell.
Good for Students
Team Lead Hand of Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
Great place to work if its your first job, accommodating for school schedules. Easy job to understand and good training available. Only pays minimum wage
truck delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2017
liked the company and the customers

enjoyed being on the open road doing my deliveries

and liked my fellow truck drivers

great benefits and pension options
Fun for your first job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2017
Great place for students and as a first job as you learn quite a lot about customer service and retail. The people and environment are a lot of fun as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
fun place to work
Maple operator/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2017
very clean and good environment to work the co workers there are always willing to help they treat you like family no matter where from you always be welcomed
outlet
Retail/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 August 2017
slow sloppy management is crazy the never listen the don't pay enough for the work and service provided they don't offer most basic benefits or room for advancement
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
bad supervisors
beneficial and fun summer student job
Special Events Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 August 2017
A great student job that allowed me to travel and create many connections. Staff was exceptional. Although scheduled for long shifts and very physically demanding. I found it to be exhausting but a phenomenal summer overall.
Work culture.
AR Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
Productivity of each employee depends on the work culture.It is not only financial incentive but the work environment also enhances the morlae of each employee.
Fantastic place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2017
Great time there, long hours, the job is not too bad if you know what you're doing. The work stays at work is relatively stress free. Would recommend working there.
Pros
work stays at work
decent
Shipper/Receiver/Shunter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
its a big company so its hard to not feel like just a number card scanning in. they will always pay you weekly correctly and lots of overtime is available. pay is ok and decent benefits package. i have worked a lot harder for less money.
Pros
free lunches
Productive enviroment, takes employee safety regulations quite seriously.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2017
Very welcoming environment, took employee safety and wellness quite seriously. Always ensured everyone knew their told and what was required of them as an employee.
Normal day at work
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2017
In the morning, you get to the back and unload the trailer. When it hits 9 then we open so I deal with wholesale in the back which consists of normally 20+ boxes of chicken. After that's done then I get back to the front which is the retail and pick orders as well as put customers chicken in their vehicles. What I learned is that money is very hard to make considering the job I do and the value of a dollar. The hardest part of this job is the constant lifting and non stop movement. Most enjoyable part would be the last hour of work considering their is no rush.
Line worker
warehouse worker/ line worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
I worked here for a while and actually didn't mind the job for the first few months. I was moved around to different areas so it was nice to have a change in the daily routine. The pay was pretty good and I think you get 3 weeks holidays in your first year which is good. I left after just over 2 years of working there.
nice place
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
Good job for students looking to make extra money and make new friends. Mostly flexible with work schedules but you have to make sure that on some days you are present. Management was alright...
Worst place worked ever..
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2017
Management is fake
Night supervisors will treat you like animals
If u do hard work..they will give more and more
Bad infrastructure
Messy place
Cleaning.,cleaning and again cleaning
Pros
Nothing much..
Cons
Night supervisors are inhumans especially one named paul..
free to do as you wish as long as you do your job accurately on time
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2017
hardest part is the cold freezer work

good part you can talk to your fellow employees any time during work

great benefits 100%

year end gifts for employees children

signing bonus
Pros
Cons
12 hours
Great Job with poor benefits and cuture ethics.
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
The best part of the job doing the work for which i was working and the hard is the unnecessary work of others. Average benefits and workplace culture
Fun place to work in high school/university
Special Events Team (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2016
Good job for students looking to make extra money, travel (in car) around the GTA and make new friends. Mostly flexible with work schedules but you have to make sure that on some days you are present. Management was alright...
Cons
Long hours, poor management sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Lodge Farms. Our community is ready to answer.