Maple Lodge Farms

Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

During my work l learn some things have not seen all my years if working experience, they don't like saying thing as it. I Can never recommend anyone, is just a wasted effort and time
Its fun to work at maplelodge..you can enjoy ur 10% discount at the chickenshop if you are an employee.when the pandemic is worst they give all the employee extra saving every friday I think it last for almost 10weeks(giiftcards, a box of chicken,t-shirt,etc).
Pros
Free lunch on employee appreciation day
Cons
Sometimes you work overtime
I worked in new shipping warehouse in mississauga.It is very clean and neat.HR and Union Guy are below average.Not much stressful especially after probation.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Union, Hr
Very challenging, friendly atmosphere, diverse knowledge about customer requirements, difference of opinion and understanding sometimes where management was concerned, positive workplace culture, mechanical breakdowns due to old equipment, employees would go the extra mile whenever customer orders went beyond expectation.
no communication, no direction and no inclusivity. as a new employee treated as 'plug and play' without any guidance, direction and minimal communication. the only family MLF cares about are the ones that run the company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, at expense of family
If you’re looking for a secure company Maple Lodge Farm is the place, nice place to work with, clean place, safe as well and a large place it is a big company.
Pros
Good pay in terms of salary
If i could give this place negative zero stars I would. I had a video call interview due to Covid-19. The next day I went for tour of the site. They made it seem like they were ready to hire me, 2 weeks pass and then an email that they won't be moving forward with me. There is an extremely high turn over rate at this place, don't waste your time.
Pros
Zero
Cons
A typical day of work at Maple Lodge Farms was stressful and tiring. I learned customer service at Maple Lodge Farms. The management was poor at Maple Lodge Farms.The workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part about the job is unloading the packages. The best part of the job was customer service.
Pros
Continuos work
Cons
Long hours, Stressful, Tiring
it was good company, also team members were very co-operative and I had a good experience there. The location was a bit messy but workload was handleable. overall it was nice to experience.
They are an excellent company, they take care of their employees, they cover full benefits, and the workers there are very friendly. The management are very good and friendly.
If your planning to work at MLF be prepared to kiss butts and mingle with back stabbers, work was pathetic, Union Rep will not represent you in anyway he is well fed by management and also favor hungry Union Steward feels all mighty and powerful. I got injured there when i was a temp, still came to work knowing that there are light duties that i can work on until my injury heals. At the end of the week, the higher ups of production called me to the office and gave me the boot with the excuse of poor performance. Don't work there unless you are really desperate.
This company was well managed when the owners were involved,they truly cared about the workers and took pride in their company. Over the last 10+years management is from terrible to horrible! They are only concerned about their pocket books(the truth has to be told) Where does Maple Lodge find the people that are working in HR? They have absolutely no respect for their workers!! Keep on hiring management this way Maple Lodge and you’ll find yourself in a hole sooner than later! Management does not accept opinions on how to get the job done in a more cost efficient and productive way.They feel that if they have the degree they know everything and that is truly not the case just ask anybody that has been there long enough and ask how they feel about management!
i started in the construction dept. and eventually moved on to maintenance and i enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot, got paid well and had fun working along some good all around guys. Here you are exposed to the entire plant and not stuck in one department all day, the jobs you do are all over the plant so you are never in the same place. The boss of the electrical dept. When i worked there was brutal to work for. He had no idea how to manage or even talk to other people without trying to intimidate you but made himself look like a typical 40 year old still living in his moms house. The mechanical management was a solid guy who had his head on his shoulders unlike the electrical dept. (But the boss othat i worked for is no longer there so im sure it is managed much better than it was. All in all its a good place to work. I enjoyed working there and probably never shojld have quit.
As long as you do your job and respond to production calls in a timely manner there's no pressure or stress. They give you a chance to learn and improve but training and support are a bit lacking. Overall it's good working atmosphere as long as you don't mind the smell of blood.
Most jobs I find are defined by the people who work beside you. I enjoy being with people I worked with at Maple Lodge and enjoy doing the work just as much.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
The basic downfalls of working with live animals, seeing them when they don’t do well.
Maple Lodge Farms, was a nice place to work the people there were really friendly and helped my transmission. I had a lot to learn, but I was very eager and happy that I got the opportunity.
Employees with seniority think they rule everything around you..you can work hard yet still get the shaft and treated like dirt by those who have high privileged positions or have been there 10+ years. Turnover rate is high, HR is pompous and think their poo doesn't stink. Great money and work was rewarding. Be prepared to deal with insecure and ignorant employees from all dept. Nepotism and favoritism . Some people are.friendly. alot of nepotism and favoritism.
Family owned company Fast paced environment Toxic work place Little room for advancement Little to no training Outdated technology Terrible office space
The human resource department at MLF hires on a WEEKLY basis. This tells you a lot about the turnover at the company. People come and go and unless you sitting upstairs sippin vodka out yo jiffy mug you gonna hand in yo badge, too! Wanna rot in a company that smells like blood, death and decay, and devalue yourself enough to sloth through a muddy/dusty parking lot so you can do SHIFT work? you might be happy here. But probably not...... everyone else is miserable and ya man, I think you will be too.
Pros
paycheck.
Cons
everything else.
Maple lodge farms is a challenging environment, l learned a lot there and they are ready to give you more knowledge. Is a family house, love and togetherness are there.
Growing company with great opportunities, working towards building a good culture. Fast paced working environment. Day to day experiences are positive and friendly, promotional ladder can be slow and frustrating, however work life balance is potentially the trade off.
  1. Employee reviews