Maple Lodge Farms
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

Canada100 reviews

Very fast pace environment

Was fun working there! Management can be stressful but in general fun easy going job. Occasionally got raises and maple lodge itself would provide fun little gifts. Very understanding company

Great People

Everyone here is so nice and helpful. They understand that people have lives outside of work and do their best to accomodate that. Love the casual dress and work-life balance.

Pros

People

Insights into Maple Lodge Farms

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Bad workplace culture, lots of workplace politics/bureacracy, no opportunity for advancement without connections

The Brampton location is absolutely toxic and not a good place to work for anyone except immigrants who need Canadian work experience. They deliberately keep pay low and benefits (such as childcare subsidies, health and dental) high so that workers find it hard to leave. As others have said, they hire externally for all office and higher level positions, and if you work on the floor management constantly disrespects you and disregards your lunch and break times. I was asked by my boss to not say anything if I felt sick, as we were always short staffed and had high turnover, and was refused opportunities to be reimbursed for school and always rejected for jobs in my field which I was qualified for. Maple Lodge Brampton is a horrible and toxic environment, and I would never go there again.

Pros

Tons of overtime available due to short staffing, very easy to get a job

Cons

managers yell at you, don't respect lunch breaks, no advancement without personal connections, unsafe and unhealthy working conditions, pushed to come in to work even if still sick

Easy to get in for new immigrants but that's the catch. You get rubbished at the end unless you leak balls.

Bad management. Not family oriented as claimed. Union is same as the HR. Don't try running to them. Supervisor act like God's and they don't know jack. You can't advance; they will hire from outside anytime unless you leak them off course. Get in if you want because it is pretty easy and get out once you gain your ground in the country. Have you been in canada for awhile? Then don't get in. You are a step ahead already.

Salary was not market base. The work load was so extra ordinary and if I ask for help they were not supportive

The pay scale is low and they expect to work like a machine even sometimes I don't get time to eat my lunch. My supervisor was not treating all team members equally and that was really disturbing part. Dispite having required educational credentials and required experience they preferred to get someone from outside. My supervisor didn't even post position internally 1st which was a normal practice. When I complained HR they post the job posting internally but they never preferred someone who have required experience and educational credentials.It was really very unfair and demotivatinal and then I decided to quit the company.

Pros

Give chance to New Immigrants

Cons

Extra ordinary workload, Dont recognize your hardwork and when opportunities come perfer candidates from Outside

Productive, qualitative.

I really like working at maple lodge farms. This was my first work in Canada and I felt extremely good in this fast paced, family environment. Everyone treats very nicely accept they are strict with their timings. This was the other that I liked about maple lodge farms. They are all very helpful and nice to me.I want to join them again after completing my studies.

Pros

Free coffee

Toxic workplace

It is a very toxic workplace. They say they take care of employees like family. on the contrary, it deletes the happiness out of the employees like some of the family members do. Career advancement is zero at Maple lodge farms. I have seen people from various departments willing to move into better positions but no, the company doesn't allow that. there is absolutely no training at Maple lodge. zero, nada. there is plenty and a bunch of favoritism in there. You have to be a very good yes-sir no-sir types to be in the manager's good books. the phrases "willingness to work" and "professionalism" mean a joke to Maple lodge management. HR does nothing to protect employees. Union leaders are paid by the upper management.

Pros

Subsidized Lunches. They are healthy and good. I have had their food a few times I was there.

Cons

Lack of professionalism, It is a deeply ingrained problem with multiple departments of the company, I do not know why Managers think as if they own the employees, It was a soul-sucking experience

Wouldn't recommend

I was hired as a maintenance guy (welder) and tbh I've never seen older tig welding machines in my life, they run terribly, definitely aren't high frequency but it doesn't really matter because your supervisors don't even know how to tig weld or really much about welding at all. Your welds don't matter at all here, you don't even need to know how to weld. Most people that work here sport a clumpy unsharpened tungsten which would be unacceptable at any other company. It is MANDATORY to work 50 hour work weeks which doesn't sound very "family first" considering you are working 10 hour shifts and must work weekends as well. They gave me two uniforms and their uniform department never had clean spare uniforms and working in this environment you are dirty ALOT and working around raw chicken. One guy I met was about to retire (skilled friendly guy) and he showed me what the company gave him after over 30 years with the company, they gave him a cheap bracelet that said "made in china" on it for all his hard work. I'm glad it didn't last here, they let me go because I had to take time off for my kids "family first" ya right! The entire time I worked there I must of seen the foreman all of two or three times and two of those was the day I started and the day I was let go.

Pros

FOOD! They have a cafeteria that is cheap and food is good! Free chicken, good guys to work with

Cons

Read the review

They take their job seriously, no room for mistakes.

They encourage people not to be open minded. No room for corrections. Also don't believe in you especially when you are new.You face difficulties when you came in new and ready to fight for stay.

Pros

Free coffee for night workers

Cons

Normal 8 huors

Fair salary with good health benefits

good unionized work place. good health benefit. some plant managers are uneducated and unprofessional. They will gift you a wrist watch if you work more than 30 years or so :D

Stressful ,, Fast Paced ,, Very Little Training ,, Hot and Humid ,, ,, Upper Management Phony ,, Arrogant and Very Rude ,, Arrogant I Would Say .

Would Not Recommend You Leave Another Job To Go There . Not a Nice Place To Work ,,, Upper Management ,, Rude and Arrogant .. Walk You Out without Any Reason ,,

Pros

Clean

Cons

Long Hours, Hot And Humid, Upper Management Rude And Arrogant

inventory

its okay area to work in but expect a lot of problems when it comes to promotion. please if you are applying here do not expect any promotion in future.

Pros

lay back work place

Cons

no room for advancement

Military like rule implementation. Management and union connivance in firing employees

Everyday is stressful even before I arrive at the farm. Thinking what is the job waiting for me that day. They don’t listen to your needs, not have enough tools make your work easier.

Not Great

Pay is decent for the job however working at a slaughterhouse is about as glamorous as you can imagine. The yard is dirty snd messy. The smell and sights are unforgettable and the ammonia will burn your eyes. Management is absent as I only ever met my manager once in person in the year that I was there. Very strange to not bother putting in any face to face contact with the people that report to you. Many employees seemed to have a chip on their shoulder and would be rude. Turnover was brutal as it seemed like a revolving door constantly

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stinky workplace, long hours, brutal turnover

Learned alot from this place

Maintenance welder It was awesome experience Worked under red seal Learned alot that boosted my growth in my field cool system to be in. Upgrades

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, upgrading and learning from above belts as well as red seal personnels

Cons

Walking on the rocks lol

It’s a good place to work with different cultures of people.You’re always happy there.

Great place to work with hard working people.Mostly,seniority were very supportive to new people who are still learning.I will always recommend this Company to everyone.Also,benefits are good and they offer individual pension plans.

Pros

Free coffee

productive and different people and culture

you should be on time , hardworking . physically and mentally fitted to be productive and flexible in every individual and work as a team with respect.

Pros

gifts and bonus in the end of the year

Cons

start early morning at 3:am to afternoon

Not straight forward environment

During my work l learn some things have not seen all my years if working experience, they don't like saying thing as it. I Can never recommend anyone, is just a wasted effort and time

Fun to work in with other peolpe

Its fun to work at maplelodge..you can enjoy ur 10% discount at the chickenshop if you are an employee.when the pandemic is worst they give all the employee extra saving every friday I think it last for almost 10weeks(giiftcards, a box of chicken,t-shirt,etc).

Pros

Free lunch on employee appreciation day

Cons

Sometimes you work overtime

Location is neat and clean

I worked in new shipping warehouse in mississauga.It is very clean and neat.HR and Union Guy are below average.Not much stressful especially after probation.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Union, Hr

Productive and fun place.

Very challenging, friendly atmosphere, diverse knowledge about customer requirements, difference of opinion and understanding sometimes where management was concerned, positive workplace culture, mechanical breakdowns due to old equipment, employees would go the extra mile whenever customer orders went beyond expectation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Lodge Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement