Maple Lodge Farms

Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

Canada75 reviews
Featured review
Maple Lodge Farms selected this as a representative review
Maple Lodge Farms, was a nice place to work the people there were really friendly and helped my transmission. I had a lot to learn, but I was very eager and happy that I got the opportunity.
Place full of snitches, back stabbers and butt kissers
If your planning to work at MLF be prepared to kiss butts and mingle with back stabbers, work was pathetic, Union Rep will not represent you in anyway he is well fed by management and also favor hungry Union Steward feels all mighty and powerful.

I got injured there when i was a temp, still came to work knowing that there are light duties that i can work on until my injury heals. At the end of the week, the higher ups of production called me to the office and gave me the boot with the excuse of poor performance.

Don't work there unless you are really desperate.
Terrible management and horrible HR
This company was well managed when the owners were involved,they truly cared about the workers and took pride in their company.
Over the last 10+years management is from terrible to horrible! They are only concerned about their pocket books(the truth has to be told)

Where does Maple Lodge find the people that are working in HR?

They have absolutely no respect for their workers!!

Keep on hiring management this way Maple Lodge and you’ll find yourself in a hole sooner than later!

Management does not accept opinions on how to get the job done in a more cost efficient and productive way.They feel that if they have the degree they know everything and that is truly not the case just ask anybody that has been there long enough and ask how they feel about management!
I enjoyed working in the construction dept.
i started in the construction dept. and eventually moved on to maintenance and i enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot, got paid well and had fun working along some good all around guys. Here you are exposed to the entire plant and not stuck in one department all day, the jobs you do are all over the plant so you are never in the same place. The boss of the electrical dept. When i worked there was brutal to work for. He had no idea how to manage or even talk to other people without trying to intimidate you but made himself look like a typical 40 year old still living in his moms house. The mechanical management was a solid guy who had his head on his shoulders unlike the electrical dept. (But the boss othat i worked for is no longer there so im sure it is managed much better than it was. All in all its a good place to work. I enjoyed working there and probably never shojld have quit.
fast paced but easy going
As long as you do your job and respond to production calls in a timely manner there's no pressure or stress. They give you a chance to learn and improve but training and support are a bit lacking. Overall it's good working atmosphere as long as you don't mind the smell of blood.
A good group of employees.
Most jobs I find are defined by the people who work beside you. I enjoy being with people I worked with at Maple Lodge and enjoy doing the work just as much.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
The basic downfalls of working with live animals, seeing them when they don’t do well.
Horrible management and little advancement..
Employees with seniority think they rule everything around you..you can work hard yet still get the shaft and treated like dirt by those who have high privileged positions or have been there 10+ years. Turnover rate is high, HR is pompous and think their poo doesn't stink. Great money and work was rewarding. Be prepared to deal with insecure and ignorant employees from all dept. Nepotism and favoritism
. Some people are.friendly. alot of nepotism and favoritism.
Not a good place to work
Family owned company

Fast paced environment

Toxic work place

Little room for advancement

Little to no training

Outdated technology

Terrible office space
If you like messy yards, filthy foul smelling working environments and disgraceful management this is the place for you!
The human resource department at MLF hires on a WEEKLY basis. This tells you a lot about the turnover at the company. People come and go and unless you sitting upstairs sippin vodka out yo jiffy mug you gonna hand in yo badge, too!

Wanna rot in a company that smells like blood, death and decay, and devalue yourself enough to sloth through a muddy/dusty parking lot so you can do SHIFT work? you might be happy here. But probably not...... everyone else is miserable and ya man, I think you will be too.
Pros
paycheck.
Cons
everything else.
Very impressed place to work
Maple lodge farms is a challenging environment, l learned a lot there and they are ready to give you more knowledge. Is a family house, love and togetherness are there.
Friendly, family oriented workplace
Growing company with great opportunities, working towards building a good culture. Fast paced working environment.

Day to day experiences are positive and friendly, promotional ladder can be slow and frustrating, however work life balance is potentially the trade off.
Family owned business. People are mean, specially HR
Co-workers generally tend NOT to guide and the work culture is not what you generally find in corporates'. Few people are nice but that's the only good thing. Employee parking facility is pathetic. The stink in office and cafeteria is almost unbearable
They don't care about you
I went to my supervisor about a grievance about my schedule I wasn't able to see my doctor on weekends so I want to change it so I won't be working weekends anymore he said that that is my schedule shift and he wasn't going to change it so basically you didn't care that I haven't seen my daughter for 6 months and when I brought it up to him he sent me to HR and the next day HR fired me so I would not recommend working for this place because they don't care about your situation so work for them
Only certian family is allowed to work there..
They do not care about other people. people coming in and out of that place like water, nothing you can do when you know your doing the right thing...
Great place to work at
A typical day would be working with your team and continuing to learn and practice previous skills. It is long hours which is the only downfall but the salary makes it worth it.
Not good
Nothing to share the working environment is terrible and the chicken blood smell daily slowly paralyzes your health. Favoritism exist to long time staff and those under the union.
Seniority rules all aspects of this company
New live haul drivers have little to no chance of making big bucks by doing 2 loads. All the gravy, cream etc, is for the senior drivers. Long wait until you start getting 2 loads. Better off working somewhere else if your experienced driver because new drivers make $800 for 30 to 40 hours a week. Start times fluctuate am to pm so you cant work anywhere else. This job is for semi retired drivers or well off drivers and brand new drivers who have to stay there to build experience. New eperienced drivers will loose big sums of money which they can make driving somewhere else.
Pros
Paid full rate even if its 4 hours work
Cons
Only senior drivers make big bucks live haul driving
Fun for special events memebers
Working on the Special Events Team was awesome, i got to attend events like the Honda Indy, the CNE, and rib-fest's across the GTA. Working in a team environment and promoting delicious food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
odd hours
Good company
Extremely cold environment, management staff not too friendly. Steady working hours. Ok company to work, permanent staff treated ok, give overtime on regular basis
Very determined company trying to please the people as best as they can
This is a great workplace. Somehwatly well managed. They could improve on some procedures although overall they do great for themselves! Always finding new ways to keep customers coming back and satisfied when leaving
Pros
Employees
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced enviroment
IT management has always been terrible at MLF.
Project management is non-existent.

Expecting projects be competed within a short period with out fully understanding the scope of the project and with team support

IT teams constantly butting heads. No coordination between teams and management turns a blind eye.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Terrible management