Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
Happiness score is 80 out of 100

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work

Exciting, vibrant place to work. The venues are clean and well set up and the entertainment and sports are exhilarating. Short shifts are a plus. Coworkers are great to work with.

Pros

Short shifts. Food discounts.

Cons

Parking is scarce and/or expensive.

Looks Good on a Resume

I've been with the company for almost 10 years. Once you're locked into that FT contract there are no salary increases besides 2% every September. This would be fine but their starting salary isn't competitive. There is no retention strategy at MLSE besides the name MLSE which is associated with money..You'll be burned out in 2-3 years and leave to find a higher paying salary for the same or higher position elsewhere. There will be 100s of people waiting to replace you though. That's their company strategy, hire low salary, overwork until resignation, and repeat.

Pros

Tickets, Swag, Discounts, Half Day Summer Fridays

Cons

Low Salary, Poor Work Culture, No Overtime Pay

It's a ok job if you are a student

I worked for the company Part-time when I was in college and the flexibility of being able to pick my shifts according to my availability was really convenient.As a Part-time you'd probably only earn minimum wage or a little higher than that but don't expect much about that.

Pros

Flexible shifts according to your availability

Cons

Wage very low

Unfortunately not what I had hoped

Minimal training. You get bounced around constantly into New booths with new teams. Hard to learn menus and procedures when every booth is different. You"sign up" for a certain amount of shifts- but just because you sign up doesn't mean you work. Then you don't get confirmation of shifts until sometimes the day before. It's impossible to juggle kids sports, family life and another job PLUS this one... because there's not even close to enough hours to make this your FT gig. I DID like being there during games and Concerts.. but you hear more than you see. The supervisor team had a few greats- but many were unwelcoming and unhelpful in helping you figure out what to do or even giving the basics of the boothIf better training- MUCH BETTER training-was implemented it might be a more enjoyable role. I thought I'd be proud to work here and was excited to join MLSE-

Pros

Free meal- but ONLY a hot dog. No options.

Cons

No guarantee of hours, Can't watch the shows during your break, terrible training

horrible poisonous environment

horrible poisonous environment where management does not care at all about employees, upper management is rude and arrogant, with no regard for underlings. Greedy organization that exploits fanbase.

Really Fun workplace!

The atmosphere during home games is electric - you can't help but get excited and cheer with the fans. You will also have to deal with some unruly fans at times, but rest assured there is security everywhere and will arrive at the drop of a hat to back you up.

Pros

Discounts within MLSE arenas, contests to win really awesome prizes, employee appreciation events

Cons

Shifts can be sporadic, mandatory shifts

Low ethics

Questionable practices, publicly shaming of employees and no supporting network for complaints . . Very shady place to work

One of my favourite places to work!

I LOVE working as an Executive Suite Hostess at MLSE. I've been employed in the suites for about 4 seasons, and I will stay here as long as I can! Your co-workers and management are wonderful; the hours are extremely flexible (I'm able to hold a 2nd job during the day, and do so with ease), and the tips are worth it! It is a great atmosphere to work in especially if you enjoy watching the games/shows as you're able to connect with your clients on a deeper level!

Pros

Great Atmosphere, easy work, get to watch the games/shows, tips!

Cons

Unpredictable tips + servers minimum

Fair company to work for

Nice perks and everyday is a different day.Most people there were great to work with.Company has a goal to work towards.Lots of lunch and learn opportunities.Able to work autonomously.

Fun place to work and network with co workers and guests.

I enjoyed working at MLSE and using my customer service skills on a nightly basis. It's a fast paced environment and the ability to multitask is an asset. MLSE is a company that promotes within. That being said there is always room for growth within in the company.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Hours

Good for student

A lot of part-time jobs but mostly night shift working hours ( 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM) and seasonal only. Good pay and benefits. Friendly working environment.

Pros

Flexible working schedule

Cons

Minimum working hours required

Fun work place

I really enjoyed to work there for 7 seasons and made some friends through my time. Get some free things from the sponsors. During some stoppages from work due nhl lockout.

Pros

Great people and some manager

Cons

Off during summer season

Great place

Great place to work as PT , managers are strict but you get training every year. I recommend this place for students. Great opportunities to develop people skills.

Pros

Great place to work as PT

Cons

no enough hours during sumer

High paced fun environment!

I have always loved my job at MLSE. I love the atmosphere. Its a great place to work! You have to be ready to be on your toes at all times to help out fans in need. The people you work with are amazing and always helpful

Pros

Concerts & Games, Giveaways, Great Community

Fun easy going enviorment

Our department allows for flexibility, but also provides us with the opportunities to meet new people and also see the excitement in people when they arrive.

Pros

Be part of the energetic atmosphere

Cons

shifts are not long enough

Best job I have ever had

I am so lucky to currently work for MLSE. They are an amazing company and I would encourage anyone who needs a job to apply here! The experience is one of a kind. It is ran incredibly well. They care about their employees and you will see that as soon as you apply.

Concessions Attendant

- clock in, find out which stand you would be working that night - set up for the night, make the stand look appealing - not much communication between coworkers

Supervisor

Management was okay some problems with scheduling Did not like work environment all the time Many employees have been here for a long time (concessions)

Unreal experience

Loved this environment, had when working during school since you are not guaranteed hours since its when games/events are therefor some weeks can get tough during exam season esp when you have to travel all the way downtown and that through subway.

it was great while it lasted but the job can be stressful for some who are slow to adapt

season closed due to the corvid-19 virus, it is the premier sports entertainment company in Toronto controlling every professional sports team except for the Blue Jays, many employees and departments but a rewarding culture with its own perks for people that enjoy that kind of atmosphere

Lots of life and energy

I enjoyed working at MLSE as a sports fan. This was an environment where there is a lot going on at a fast pace and you needed to always be on your toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2