Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

Working at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment: Employee Reviews

Canada217 reviews

fantorontosportconcertmapleeventgameentertainment

Fun & Consistent job

Strong union, great co-workers & fun environment. Evening shifts so great second job and very flexible schedule. Just beware some supervisors have to egos.

Fun place to work if you’re okay being bullied by your older coworkers

The place is great the job is kinda fun, but they waste a lot of food, the supervisors are terrible at their jobs and just eat the whole time. The tips aren’t great, and the coworkers are quite rude, especially the older ones who will yell at you for everything.

Pros

Cool experience

Cons

Mean coworkers

Insights into Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun place to work but young mans job

be prepared to work evenings, weekends, events, sales kiosks.its fun but challenging if you have a family.its a great company and industry to cut your teeth and get experience.

Pros

free tickets, perks

Cons

long days

Great Experience

Excellent experience for wanting to pursue a career in Law Enforcement. Flexible hours, fun job and approachable management. A great job to work at overall

It's been awhile

It has been awhile but the people are nice. The job obviously had it's benefits. However management is to concerned with money and making sure they make it and making sure you don't share it. Eventually their pettiness gets Waring and it's sad they don't just leave employees to do their job instead of always worrying that saying something nice might empower someone.

Excellent place to work

Very good place to work. Management can be a bit bossy and hours are relatively scarce because the pool of workers is huge. Shifts generally goes by seniority.

Productive and fun workplace

Hard to get into a full time position but it is a productive and fun workplace. The coworkers were the best part of the job and they kept things interesting everyday

Experience Working at MLSE

Experience is fair.Hours are long & stressful at the same time.Loads of work to be done with working on a cross-functional team by being productive.Training are usually by either the manager or employees (most of the time does) who has experience & being with the department longer.

Productive and great team culture.

If you like fast paced work, you’ll love it here. Hours are very long but also rewarding. Culinary Management is great and also very positive, pushing their employees to “elevate” Plenty of opportunity for growth.

Multi cultural, very nice staff, good work conditions, needs better employee locker rooms for cooks and servers.

Best job I ever had simple and plain. Being so close to the players the actual game and serving the fans was the real enjoyment for me as a line cook at the concession stands from the ice box to the concourse level 100.

Pros

Free food for break and left over food at the end of the night.

Looks Good on a Resume

I've been with the company for almost 10 years. Once you're locked into that FT contract there are no salary increases besides 2% every September. This would be fine but their starting salary isn't competitive. There is no retention strategy at MLSE besides the name MLSE which is associated with money..You'll be burned out in 2-3 years and leave to find a higher paying salary for the same or higher position elsewhere. There will be 100s of people waiting to replace you though. That's their company strategy, hire low salary, overwork until resignation, and repeat.

Pros

Tickets, Swag, Discounts, Half Day Summer Fridays

Cons

Low Salary, Poor Work Culture, No Overtime Pay

It's a ok job if you are a student

I worked for the company Part-time when I was in college and the flexibility of being able to pick my shifts according to my availability was really convenient.As a Part-time you'd probably only earn minimum wage or a little higher than that but don't expect much about that.

Pros

Flexible shifts according to your availability

Cons

Wage very low

Unfortunately not what I had hoped

Minimal training. You get bounced around constantly into New booths with new teams. Hard to learn menus and procedures when every booth is different. You"sign up" for a certain amount of shifts- but just because you sign up doesn't mean you work. Then you don't get confirmation of shifts until sometimes the day before. It's impossible to juggle kids sports, family life and another job PLUS this one... because there's not even close to enough hours to make this your FT gig. I DID like being there during games and Concerts.. but you hear more than you see. The supervisor team had a few greats- but many were unwelcoming and unhelpful in helping you figure out what to do or even giving the basics of the boothIf better training- MUCH BETTER training-was implemented it might be a more enjoyable role. I thought I'd be proud to work here and was excited to join MLSE-

Pros

Free meal- but ONLY a hot dog. No options.

Cons

No guarantee of hours, Can't watch the shows during your break, terrible training

Amazing place to work

Exciting, vibrant place to work. The venues are clean and well set up and the entertainment and sports are exhilarating. Short shifts are a plus. Coworkers are great to work with.

Pros

Short shifts. Food discounts.

Cons

Parking is scarce and/or expensive.

horrible poisonous environment

horrible poisonous environment where management does not care at all about employees, upper management is rude and arrogant, with no regard for underlings. Greedy organization that exploits fanbase.

Really Fun workplace!

The atmosphere during home games is electric - you can't help but get excited and cheer with the fans. You will also have to deal with some unruly fans at times, but rest assured there is security everywhere and will arrive at the drop of a hat to back you up.

Pros

Discounts within MLSE arenas, contests to win really awesome prizes, employee appreciation events

Cons

Shifts can be sporadic, mandatory shifts

Low ethics

Questionable practices, publicly shaming of employees and no supporting network for complaints . . Very shady place to work

One of my favourite places to work!

I LOVE working as an Executive Suite Hostess at MLSE. I've been employed in the suites for about 4 seasons, and I will stay here as long as I can! Your co-workers and management are wonderful; the hours are extremely flexible (I'm able to hold a 2nd job during the day, and do so with ease), and the tips are worth it! It is a great atmosphere to work in especially if you enjoy watching the games/shows as you're able to connect with your clients on a deeper level!

Pros

Great Atmosphere, easy work, get to watch the games/shows, tips!

Cons

Unpredictable tips + servers minimum

Fair company to work for

Nice perks and everyday is a different day.Most people there were great to work with.Company has a goal to work towards.Lots of lunch and learn opportunities.Able to work autonomously.

Fun place to work and network with co workers and guests.

I enjoyed working at MLSE and using my customer service skills on a nightly basis. It's a fast paced environment and the ability to multitask is an asset. MLSE is a company that promotes within. That being said there is always room for growth within in the company.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Hours

Good for student

A lot of part-time jobs but mostly night shift working hours ( 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM) and seasonal only. Good pay and benefits. Friendly working environment.

Pros

Flexible working schedule

Cons

Minimum working hours required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement