Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

A lot of part-time jobs but mostly night shift working hours ( 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM) and seasonal only. Good pay and benefits. Friendly working environment.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Minimum working hours required
I really enjoyed to work there for 7 seasons and made some friends through my time. Get some free things from the sponsors. During some stoppages from work due nhl lockout.
Pros
Great people and some manager
Cons
Off during summer season
Great place to work as PT , managers are strict but you get training every year. I recommend this place for students. Great opportunities to develop people skills.
Pros
Great place to work as PT
Cons
no enough hours during sumer
I have always loved my job at MLSE. I love the atmosphere. Its a great place to work! You have to be ready to be on your toes at all times to help out fans in need. The people you work with are amazing and always helpful
Pros
Concerts & Games, Giveaways, Great Community
Our department allows for flexibility, but also provides us with the opportunities to meet new people and also see the excitement in people when they arrive.
Pros
Be part of the energetic atmosphere
Cons
shifts are not long enough
I am so lucky to currently work for MLSE. They are an amazing company and I would encourage anyone who needs a job to apply here! The experience is one of a kind. It is ran incredibly well. They care about their employees and you will see that as soon as you apply.
- clock in, find out which stand you would be working that night - set up for the night, make the stand look appealing - not much communication between coworkers
Management was okay some problems with scheduling Did not like work environment all the time Many employees have been here for a long time (concessions)
Loved this environment, had when working during school since you are not guaranteed hours since its when games/events are therefor some weeks can get tough during exam season esp when you have to travel all the way downtown and that through subway.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment?
season closed due to the corvid-19 virus, it is the premier sports entertainment company in Toronto controlling every professional sports team except for the Blue Jays, many employees and departments but a rewarding culture with its own perks for people that enjoy that kind of atmosphere
Entertaining and busy during events that require a lot of team work and contact with patrons. On non-eOn non-event days the atmosphere is more relaxed yet adherence to a strict deployment is still in place and followed.
I enjoyed working at MLSE as a sports fan. This was an environment where there is a lot going on at a fast pace and you needed to always be on your toes.
The position its self is great. It is exciting, informative, challenging and amusing at times. The hardest part of the job is dealing with one micro-managing manager, the best part is the people and friendships you make.
Corrupt and un friendly work environment. No one like to talk to each other. Everyone looking for job security that’s why no one shares the information with new hire employees.
Very fun and enjoyable place to work. Many great opportunities for young people to start out in their field, encouraging them to learn and grow into strong employees
Toxic environment do not recommend it for anybody. I don't recommend anybody at work. The managers are very hard on the workers and it's too much pressure looking a little job anytime
Great place to work. Great atmosphere, amazing managers, good scheduling system. All I can say is don't be afraid to make friends, there's lots of faces doing many things. Try them all.
Very nice part time shop to have good experiences the people are nice to work with the environment is something you'd like to be around. For a part time the wage is good.
Pros
Free Hot Dogs
You get to work with great people, but it is not for everyone! It is event based, so you have to be prepared and know what that entails ahead of time.
You can't make a living off of this job alone. The majority of employees are part-timers and have a second job to supplement cost of living. Some good perks for employees; the company tries to create a fun atmosphere.
I really enjoy working here, coworkers are fun and energetic and the management is really nice. There are amazing job perks and the kids are always enthusiastic and excited to get to work