Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Suite hostess executive level
Hostess executive suites (Former Employee) –  Air Canada Center, ON28 July 2018
Working for mlse was fun. Being a suite hostess taught me to be efficient, anticipate client needs, have good interpersonal skills. You meet interesting people working here.
Pros
Be part of all events in the stadium
Cons
I cant think of any
love it
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
great people, great atmosphere, great hours, great pay, I have never worked somewhere that i felt as at home and welcomed as i do working here. Couldn't be better.
Good company to start your career
In seat Runner/Beer Vendor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
A good company to work with if you are into sports. They provide a good amount of benefits with exception of event tickets I learned to work in a fast-paced environment and improved my customer service skills. I did the very physical job during my tenure at MLSE. I enjoyed serving fans to the best of my capabilities.
Pros
Good benefits, good part time job, a lot of discounts, pay is decent
Cons
Short hours
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
MLSE could do a lot better in many aspects. They are very unorganized, terrible at communication and management is in their own world. It is cool being at the stadium but the wage isn't worth the commute if you're not from Toronto.
Day at work
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
I learned how to coupe with different personalities.
Leadership
Team Work
managing daily activities such as control, inventory and quality assurance.
Daily Scheduling
Event management
Pros
Free lunches
fun
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
great good pay great people advancement fun money great place love it so much fun nice happy energy celebs athletes food excitement fun times memories
Great!
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
I had an interview in Mid February and received several followup emails. My experience working here was nothing less than tremendous. Great company culture and friendly workers.
You don't have to be a sports fan to work here
Kiosk Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Without a doubt the easiest job I've ever had, most fun too!
I served here, and the only bullsh*t I had to deal with was being hit on by losers; not that bad!
electric atmosphere
Usher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
LOVED working any event at the a.c.c.
staff training was thorough and staff were outstanding with any help us `newbies`needed.
interacting with fans/attendees of events, never mind seeing some great shows/games is something i will never forget!
had to leave being spouse was passing otherwise i would still be there with bells on!
Fantastic work but can be hard work
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
An amazing place to work if your a sports enthusiast. We get to work Raptors, Leafs, TFC, Argos and Rock games. Not to forget all the big ticket concerts. Every shift can be different. From working the insane gates where we have 60 min to get everyone in before tip off or puck drop. the the ability to work court side at a Raptors game. The management has its moments like all companies but they are still there to aid and guide the staff. I have no complaints about Management. The most enjoyable is that its different every time. I absolute love the job. Its part time, relatively flexible and fantastic pay for a part time job.
Pros
Working sporting events
Cons
No benefits
Exciting/Challenging Environment
Fan Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
Working for MLSE provides an extremely engagement work environment that offers challenging activities and stimulating content. Being a sports fan myself it is the perfect environment for me to chat with my co-workers about my interests. The company allows a care-free atmosphere that opens up the floor to any ideas and gives free range for employee opinions. I feel safe knowing I can express ideas on how to improve the company. I look forward to attending work everyday and am aways intrigued to hear about what is new in the dynamic world of Toronto sports.
Pros
Recognition awards bi-weekly/monthly, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long hours for full-time employees
Enclosed environment surrounded by bustling fans
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
The BMO stadium staircases are extremely tight and narrow for a vendor to be walking up and down while holding a 30lb. box strapped around your neck. My manager was helpful however, an individual who was part of the MLSE staff who I did not know, made a rude and unnecessary comment towards me during my shift. The atmosphere is busy and full of crazed fans.
Pros
Gaining entrance to the game being played
Cons
Carrying an extremely heavy box of snacks and drink throughout the entire shift
setup teardown
Setup, tear down (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Busy yet fun place to work. good managment. willing to work for again! Hardest part is waiting for crowds to clear up to start cleen up and tear down. Pro being able to see some of the game going on.
Great for watching the sports games.
In-Seat Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
Being able to watch the sports is great. However, constantly walking up flights of stairs is not. It is hard to get time off here and you are not able to send in "availability". You are able to choose the shifts you want to work, but will get scheduled even if you didn't choose the shift. Not allowed switching shifts. Short hours which is great for students, not that good for when you need time off for exams.
Overworked underpaid
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
It's a boys club. No room for advancement and they take heavy advantage of their employees. You are not paid for working weekends, and there is no work life balance. Its okay to get the company name on your resume, but I wouldn't recommend staying longer than 2 years at this company.
Fun place to work
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
I quite enjoyed working for MLSE. the atmosphere was fun and most of the people I got to work with were amazing. The downside for me would be the seniority system and not getting a lot of work in the first months of working there.
Good pay, interesting work but unpredictable schedule.
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Unpredictable schedule. May be required for a shift that you cannot make. Although useful, MLSE's seniority system seems to get in the way for a lot of little things such as who does what on a specific day. Staff who have been there longer always get to choose. Bright side is decent pay and very lively place to work so it always remains interesting.
IT support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Excellent people, enable to enjoy all concerts and sporting events, Fun fast pasted company either at the Air Canada Ctr or BMO field. Excellent managment.
Fantastic Fast Paced Job
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Great place to work with lots of room for learning. Workplace culture centres around Toronto centric experiences and its nice to feel like youre a part of the team and adding to that atmosphere.

Great events!
Amazing work environment
Toronto Raptors Game Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Great company to work for and fantastic job!

Just wish there was greater employee appreciation, career growth options and more competitive pay structure.