Maple Leaf Disposal

Maple Leaf Disposal Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

fast paced and good co workers

Maple Leaf was a fast paced environment and I made some lasting connections. I had a very diverse job that suited me well. Most of the people that worked there were good people. Management was sometimes difficult to deal with but the company was undergoing a transition and that can make sometimes demanding situations. I enjoyed the fast pace and helping customers.

Pros

benifits

Cons

no recognition for the amount of work I was doing

A place where good workers get treated as such

Long time front-load operator here, worked at a few different companies. Very happy with my time at Maple Leaf so far, 3x12 schedule is amazing, optional overtime days to pump up the cheque. They are willing to pay good rates for hard workers with experience. Slackers get paid as such, no cameras inside of the truck, management is easy to talk to, and for the most part willing to work with their drivers for solutions with any issues. The crew is AMAZING. Fellow drivers quick to offer help when they can, will direct you to calls if you are new, friendly, funny, and non toxic. Small company vibes with big company pay (if you are skilled/hard working) Downside is, benefits arent the greatest, decent however. Parking the trucks in the yard can be the hardest part of your day (need to expand to fit growth) and we could use some more trucks.

Pros

Work life balance, pay, great environment

Hard Job

extremely disorganized management, fast paced environment unless you're in roll-off. high turnover rate and constant inconsistent employees. very physically demanding.

Pros

good crew

Cons

no down time, physically demanding

good employer

good employer i enjoy working there .just looking for higher wages. Good management. Good benefits. Good hours. Good people. Days go by quickly, especially in front end.

Poor Employer (Currently)

I had a poor experience at Maple Leaf Disposal along with many others. The management is fragmented and listens EXCLUSIVELY to the Owner. The Owner does not visit and introduce himself so the fate of your employment lies in the hands of a person you may never meet and makes all the decisions. This sounds crazy I know but TRUST appears to be his biggest issue when it comes to Management Team. The Mgmt Team argues constantly and there is more name calling and labels applied to staff than ALL of the jobs I have had combined. They swear constantly and angry responses are more than tolerated. They are laughed at. I do not think there is ONE Manager there worth keeping. I believe the Owner should sell this business OR he should hire another person to aid in the development of this business. He is too RICH and too IMPORTANT to care about the unit. Just be cautious when applying to this employer. Make sure you ask a lot of questions because they DO NOT reveal any information willingly. In any case, I HOPE that they have changed and wish them luck.

Pros

Small Business (Also a Con)

Cons

Small Business, Staff Infighting, Low Salary, Verbally Labels and Anger heard throughout the small space, Non-informative and Not Respectful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Leaf Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6