Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Review

View all Maple Leaf Consumer Foods reviews

Productive workplace
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 September 2013
Maple Leaf Foods is a hard-working outfit. I improved my ability to work in teams and be a complete team player. The co-workers were friendly and helped as much as possible to get the work done on-time. For the most part management left you alone, as long as you were being productive. The hardest part of the job was enduring the amount of work done in evenings and weekends because of stiff deadlines with no extra pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was completion of a project or go-live with very little or no re-work necessary.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Extra hours and days worked with no extra pay.

Other Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Good Gap Company
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2018
If you are looking at pumping up your resume this is a good place to do that. But they have little regard to work life balance and often you are shunned if you put in an 8.5 hour 42.5 hour work week.

Worked in 4 facilities for them, first 3 were great but the pace and expectation for the new build were just too much to be reached and set way to high from higher ups. Burn out of Quit are essentially the options.

Much happier where I am now (for less pay)
Pros
Lots of room to move (due to constant turn over)
Cons
Burn out culture.
They are not a bad company.
Meat Handler/Meat Loader (Current Employee) –  440 Glover Rd, Hannon, Ontario11 April 2018
We usually get changed into our plastic uniforms, before going into the freezing halls, because we are dealing with meat products. We load meat into packets to be shipped off to different stores. It is bacically working on an assembly line with handling meat. We work 10 hour days, with Friday’s, Saturdays and Sundays off. We start in the morning at 7:15AM to 5:45PM. We are very vigilant with sanitization. We spray our hands that are covered with plastic gloves with sanitizer every 15 minutes, because as you know of the listeria outbreak from a few years ago. We have team leaders with red hats, that let us know through morning meetings of any safety issues that they want to notify us with. I forgot to mention that we all wear white hats to indicate that we are the main workers on the floor. It is a very big plant, there is a Primary section, a Secondary section, and a Raw Section. The Primary section is mainly the ready to eat section of the plant. The Secondary section is where they package and wrap up and ship all of the boxes to send out to various stores. The Raw section is self explanatory, where they make the meat, and put it altogether. They also have a Weiner’s section where the make and process the wieners.
Pros
The pros are guaranteed weekly hours.
Cons
The Organization is very scattered with management .