Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Review

View all Maple Leaf Consumer Foods reviews

Lots of room for continuous improvement
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 October 2013
Maple Leaf Foods has great cultural values for developing leadership and being accountable. It is committed to continuous improvement to refine its practices for the purpose of safer food and profitability.

Energetic, creative people will find lots of room to grow their skills amid skilled co-workers. Much of the supervision and management structure is very receptive to new ideas for improving processes, and let dynamic individuals work and advance their projects.

The one drawback is the occasional manager who doesn't want their employee to outshine them in a role, and lets personal opinion matter more than the fact based approach espoused by the cultural mission.
This leads to some areas that are resistant to change and maintenance of the status quo -- so the hardest part of the job is staying motivated to conquer such roadblocks, because the rest of the company is hungry to develop and succeed.
Pros
lots of room to improve efficiency, processes, and gather data
Cons
some rough, out of date practices -- lack of automation and technology compared to other machine-based sectors.

Other Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Decent Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON10 May 2018
The job was alright, worked on a good crew, its the people that made the job great. really good work just wish it paid more other than that i would work there again!
Pros
40 hours a week/weekly pay/great team lead/ good work
Cons
pay could be a little better
People were great
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 May 2018
When I started it was really good but my manager overloaded my work because of personal reasons. I had too much work load and very hard time limit. Basically two jobs
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Overloaded work to the point that I'm on disability noe